Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can you just tell me if the Falcons will be good this year?

I need to know in advance if I need to dig out the Falcons hoody or chuck it away for another winter.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm off to Jacksonville to watch the Broncos play there in December. I last visited Jax in March 2015 and said to the locals that I thought the Jags might be dangerous this season if they had a good couple of drafts and gave Bortles some protection. I'm now hoping my predictions are not that good as I don't want to travel all that way to see my team lose!

I think you'll be fine. There's a shit tonne of talent on the Jaguars roster, sadly it's coached by Mr Magoo. The team lacks in game discipline and gives up way too many penalties both offensively and defensively. The D will be a lot better this year but needs time to gel with a minimum of 5 new starters. The offence should be ok, BUT, the biggest weakness has been Luke Joeckel at left tackle, he gets put on his ass so often he might be better off taking a seat with him, he has been upgraded with former Steeler Kelvin Beachum who needed about 20 minutes show he's superior in every way. SADLY Joeckel has been moved to Guard so Von Miller will still be able to blow straight past him and pressure Bortles. I watched Bengals@Jaguars and Geno Atkins abused Joeckel time and time again. :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
US_Bank_Stadium_-_West_Facade.jpg

tempstad-aerial-101915-1-001--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

I'm in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, and will DEFINITELY be mincing along downtown to have a look at the new Vikings stadium. I fly in on the evening they're playing their first proper game there against the Packers. Hoping to take in a guided tour the following day, and pick up some tat.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I'm in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, and will DEFINITELY be mincing along downtown to have a look at the new Vikings stadium. I fly in on the evening they're playing their first proper game there against the Packers. Hoping to take in a guided tour the following day, and pick up some tat.

That is a quite magnificent looking stadium. The NFL is really upping it's game as far stadia go. The new Atlanta one is going to be amazing too. Prices start at a cool $1bn now. The next round of stadium wars is upon us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is a quite magnificent looking stadium. The NFL is really upping it's game as far stadia go. The new Atlanta one is going to be amazing too. Prices start at a cool $1bn now. The next round of stadium wars is upon us.

Phenomenal isn't it, I've never seen anything even remotely like it. Its hosting the 2018 Superbowl apparently.

Jul 7, 2003
We were at the Guildhall too - was great to see Nicky Horne after all these years....apart from the beard having disappeared he doesn't look any different to when he presented the Ch 4 show 35 years ago! Some good stories from the guys, & both Jason Bell & Dhani Jones should be able to carve out a pretty decent career in front of the cameras.
Got to meet Shaun Gayle afterwards as they were all getting on the bus (no alcohol in sight ;o)...!) as we went past on our way to Gunwharf. Always found him a bit bland on the TV, but a really nice guy to talk to. Looking forward to my trip up to the Sky Sports Studios this season to watch them broadcasting on a Sunday night....will be great to see behind the scenes!

Probably passed you somewhere along the way as we also went to Gunwharf to find the wife and daughter. My son and I were in Broncos Champions t-shirts (you don't get to show these things off too often) sat behind the little kid who won the commentating competition. I did have the joy of one of the Jags cheerleaders bending over in front of me whilst she leant over to pass the microphone to someone.

How come you get a trip up the studios?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Flying out tomorrow and going to see Jets v Bengals Sunday - cannot wait!

Wow them be words I never expected to see in the same sentence :lolol: :jester:

Have a great time.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Lucky boy. It's on my to do list. Stadium looks the bees knees.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Probably passed you somewhere along the way as we also went to Gunwharf to find the wife and daughter. My son and I were in Broncos Champions t-shirts (you don't get to show these things off too often) sat behind the little kid who won the commentating competition. I did have the joy of one of the Jags cheerleaders bending over in front of me whilst she leant over to pass the microphone to someone.

How come you get a trip up the studios?

You weren't too far away at all - I was 3rd row on the right wearing a #23 Haden Browns jersey & cap...my missus had a Chris Carter #80 Vikings jersey on.

One of my old school friends works quite high up the ladder at Sky TV now, so shes arranged it with the producers for me & a mate to go along and watch them broadcast live - Cant wait!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

My wife is going to be VERY jealous! 30+ years shes followed the Vikings & still not got out there for a game (although she did see them at Wembley). Looks like I'm going to have to start saving for our 25th Anniversary!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My wife is going to be VERY jealous! 30+ years shes followed the Vikings & still not got out there for a game (although she did see them at Wembley). Looks like I'm going to have to start saving for our 25th Anniversary!

I'm missing the Packers game there by just a few hours...but I'm sure it was sold out months ago anyway. I'll be heading into town for a few beers though, looking forward to speaking with a few Minnesotans after the game and hearing their verdict on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here