Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
At least it wont be "The Drive" or "The Fumble"!

CLEVELAND BROWNS

1986 AFC Division Playoff -- Browns vs. Jets (37%)

Double OT win vs Jets to reach AFC Championship Game.

2014 Week #5 -- Browns vs. Titans (30%)

Greatest comeback in team history 29-28 victory.

1989 AFC Division Playoff -- Browns vs. Bills (15%)

Browns goal line stand to win 34-30.

That 1986 Playoff game vs. the Jets was the first Browns game I watched on TV...& when I really started supporting them. Won 11 of last 13 games to go into the playoffs as the team to beat, a wild game swinging back & forth, & Mark Moseley kicking "toe punt" style on the freezing mud of Municipal Stadium - awesome!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just turned on the gogglebox to watch the Hall of Fame game between the Packers and the Colts. It was cancelled due to ground conditions - pity as I was looking forward to it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some pre season results - Panthers 19 Ravens 22; Jags 13 Jets 17; Buccaneers 9 Eagles 17 and Saints 22 Pats 34.

Looking forward to the Giants v Dolphins game tomorrow after seeing Albion beat Notts Forest

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I stayed up to watch the Jags-Jets. When it was the 1st teams the Jags look quite formidable, Bortles slinging it, ARob making outrageous catches and TJ and Ivory punching holes through the Jets defence. The new boys on D looked good too, Yannik Ngakoue blew up Clady and sacked Fitzpatrick, which was nice. Then Chad Henne took it over and it all went South, Myles Jack was a highlight though, showed real intensity., can't see him being left in the 2nd string for too long

Jul 7, 2003
Denver 22 Chicago 0 - I'm not holding out a lot of hope as a bears fan this season!

Seven sacks for the Broncos without starting four of the big names on D.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hoohaaaa

Sky are kicking off their Sunday coverage with The Packers win over the J'ville Cougars.

Followed by the NY Midgets v Cowgirls.

Oh and after MOTD, on Saturday BBC1 has a programme about the magnificent Packers.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Hoohaaaa

Sky are kicking off their Sunday coverage with The Packers win over the J'ville Cougars.

Followed by the NY Midgets v Cowgirls.

Oh and after MOTD, on Saturday BBC1 has a programme about the magnificent Packers.

Pats at the Cardinals is the late Sunday/early Monday game to end a pretty good slate of Week 1 games for Sky. Will be interested to see how Jimmy G gets on in Arizona. Lucky for them they have a pretty nice schedule after that until Brady gets back and then play the Browns Week 5, poor sods..

No idea how we'll (Steelers) get on Monday night. Got players dropping like flies at the moment. Bud Dupree the latest guy to go.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No idea how we'll (Steelers) get on Monday night. Got players dropping like flies at the moment. Bud Dupree the latest guy to go.

The good news for you is that the Skins record on Monday Night Football is beyond awful and sadly it may well seem like a Steelers home game if recent meetings have been anyhting to go by.

Whilst I am optimistic about the Skins chances this season I am very nervous about this opener. Could be a high scoring game.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The good news for you is that the Skins record on Monday Night Football is beyond awful and sadly it may well seem like a Steelers home game if recent meetings have been anyhting to go by.

Whilst I am optimistic about the Skins chances this season I am very nervous about this opener. Could be a high scoring game.

Whilst I expect the defense to be better in the 2nd year under Butler our offense it going to be relied on to outscore opponents. With no Bryant at all, Green out for a while and no Bell for the first 3 I'm a little concerned but we should still have enough.

Have to admit, expecting a bit of a come down from the Redskins this season, but that in that division I wouldn't be stunned if they finished 1st or 4th, really is a toss up.

Jul 7, 2003
Went to the NFL event in Portsmouth at the weekend which was quite interesting - especially for a freebie. Earlier events around the country had Greg Jennings and Andrew Luck but we only got former players. The panel - Neil Reynolds, Nicky Horne, Shaun Gayle, Jason Bell and Dhani Jones were all entertaining - especially Dhani.

Looking forward to my Broncos early start to the season. Inexperienced quarterback with a good arm this season as opposed to NFL legend with all the movement of Ashley Neal. Let's hope that fantastic D stands up again or it could be embarrassing.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm off to Jacksonville to watch the Broncos play there in December. I last visited Jax in March 2015 and said to the locals that I thought the Jags might be dangerous this season if they had a good couple of drafts and gave Bortles some protection. I'm now hoping my predictions are not that good as I don't want to travel all that way to see my team lose!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Has anyone on here ever gone to one of Coast to Coast's Super Bowl events?

Went to the Marina one a couple of seasons ago - not bad but not very many there as it wasn't well advertised. Hot dogs at halftime - raffle for footballs etc. Pretty good atmosphere though & we usually go down as a group for opening weekend too (cant make it this year though unfortunately)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Went to the NFL event in Portsmouth at the weekend which was quite interesting - especially for a freebie. Earlier events around the country had Greg Jennings and Andrew Luck but we only got former players. The panel - Neil Reynolds, Nicky Horne, Shaun Gayle, Jason Bell and Dhani Jones were all entertaining - especially Dhani.

Looking forward to my Broncos early start to the season. Inexperienced quarterback with a good arm this season as opposed to NFL legend with all the movement of Ashley Neal. Let's hope that fantastic D stands up again or it could be embarrassing.

We were at the Guildhall too - was great to see Nicky Horne after all these years....apart from the beard having disappeared he doesn't look any different to when he presented the Ch 4 show 35 years ago! Some good stories from the guys, & both Jason Bell & Dhani Jones should be able to carve out a pretty decent career in front of the cameras.
Got to meet Shaun Gayle afterwards as they were all getting on the bus (no alcohol in sight ;o)...!) as we went past on our way to Gunwharf. Always found him a bit bland on the TV, but a really nice guy to talk to. Looking forward to my trip up to the Sky Sports Studios this season to watch them broadcasting on a Sunday night....will be great to see behind the scenes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here