WHC IX: The FINAL***

Hardest Beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The salt water croc doesn't just laze around in brackish rivers. It swims out into the ocean to kill and eat SHARKS.

It eats small sharks that swim a bit too close to shore, or get disorientated in river estuaries. The idea that these crocs are swimming out and attacking big sharks is fanciful, it's just a smallish fish to a SWC. Nothing hard in eating fish for dinner...

maxresdefault.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The salt water croc doesn't just laze around in brackish rivers. It swims out into the ocean to kill and eat SHARKS.

Quite.

It eats small sharks that swim a bit too close to shore, or get disorientated in river estuaries. The idea that these crocs are swimming out and attacking great whites is fanciful, it's just a smallish fish to a SWC. Nothing hard in eating fish for dinner...

Just to re-iterate, I once went on a trip to see these hard animals for myself. The chap doing the tour said there had been a half eaten tiger shark found washed up in the delta, where a croc had decided on a snack and tucked into one just out to sea.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite.

Just to re-iterate, I once went on a trip to see these hard animals for myself. The chap doing the tour said there had been a half eaten tiger shark found washed up in the delta, where a croc had decided on a snack and tucked into one just out to sea.

Could have already been dead when the croc got hold of it. The chap doing the tour entertaining his paid guests said it....must be true then!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I once wanted to go see a Wolverine ...

But they couldn't find one, because they are so sh1t at killing things / reproducing / basic survival, that according to their chief cheerleader, there is only one of the scraggy little things, per sodding COUNTY.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Could have already been dead when the croc got hold of it. The chap doing the tour entertaining his paid guests said it....must be true then!

Desperate.

This isn't an uncommon occurrence apparently. And I'm always team shark as I love them, so have no reason to lie.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

Tiger sharks are typically smaller than SWC's. The croc also has the better weaponry, with the 'most powerful bite in the world'. So you'd absolutely expect a SWC to win in such a scrap. Why is that considered so hard?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tiger sharks are typically smaller than SWC's. The croc also has the better weaponry, with the 'most powerful bite in the world'. So you'd absolutely expect a SWC to win in such a scrap. Why is that considered so hard?

It's taking on another hard creature, on THEIR terms - in THEIR ring. Hard.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It eats small sharks that swim a bit too close to shore, or get disorientated in river estuaries. The idea that these crocs are swimming out and attacking big sharks is fanciful, it's just a smallish fish to a SWC. Nothing hard in eating fish for dinner...

maxresdefault.jpg

Well said and if they run into a python .... game over

d2d641526ece8893d5b157db3b8a95cd.jpg

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
It's taking on another hard creature, on THEIR terms - in THEIR ring. Hard.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... but was the Tiger Shark even nominated for the competition this year? The only shark I can remember is the GWS, and that lost to a mouse.

Also you are aware of what the 'Saltwater' part of SWC implies, yes? It has basically decided to go for a leisurely swim in order to get a fairly easy meal.

Croc is obviously a hard beast, I'm not denying that. But I can't see how the example of it killing a smaller beast in it's own territory proves it is actually hard. It just doesn't compare to a beast that takes down creatures 20 times its size.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Croc is obviously a hard beast, I'm not denying that. But I can't see how the example of it killing a smaller beast in it's own territory proves it is actually hard. It just doesn't compare to a beast that takes down creatures 20 times its size.

If the croc used its weaponry to kill a big fat, defenceless WHALE, would you consider that 'hard'?

Because that's all the Wolverine is doing, snapping at the legs of a deer*.

*or more commonly, waiting for a wolf to kill it, hiding in the bushes, and eating any left-overs.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
The point I'm making is, SWC should be able to kill its fellow inhabitants because of its relative size and weaponry. If that's how you measure the 'hardness' of a creature then fine, that's your choice.

I prefer to measure a creatures hardness based on mental toughness, bravery and endeavor. The croc doesn't exhibit any of these traits in my opinion, whereas the Wolverine has these in abundance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well said and if they run into a python .... game over

d2d641526ece8893d5b157db3b8a95cd.jpg

Let's just make sure this image is on the latest page.

It's so hard it gets HUGGED to death by something with NO ARMS.

So that's elastic bands, towel over the eyes and CUDDLES which can DISABLE a SCARY croc.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There is another forgotten trait that contributes to hardness, which is slightly distinct from bravery, and aggression and it's the indefinable notion of how mental the animal is. Is it likely to do something utterly insane, just because it's mad, or because it fancies a PAGGA?

I reckon reptiles in general lose points here because they rarely display the emotion exhibited in some mammals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is another forgotten trait that contributes to hardness, which is slightly distinct from bravery, and aggression and it's the indefinable notion of how mental the animal is. Is it likely to do something utterly insane, just because it's mad, or because it fancies a PAGGA?

I reckon reptiles in general lose points here because they rarely display the emotion exhibited in some mammals.

Let's draw an analogy. A local pub.

Amongst the regulars, there's a little head-case. Punchy, aggressive little tool. Always on the edge of starting something. He's pretty hard, to be fair, but on close scrutiny, he picks his targets - he's effectively an angry little bully.

Then there's the other guy, who just sits in the corner, taking it all in. The 'hard' little fella NEVER crosses this guy,

Little man is the one making all the noise, getting involved, starting stuff, but we all KNOW who the really HARD one is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The croc survived a meteorite hit and can lose a limb/tail without dying. If the wolverine lost a limb it would bleed to death.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The croc survived a meteorite hit and can lose a limb/tail without dying. If the wolverine lost a limb it would bleed to death.

If a polar bear lost a limb it would bleed to death, and it didn't survive a meteorite hit either....but is rested so creatures like these can have a day of glory. So meaningless point really.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Let's draw an analogy. A local pub.

Amongst the regulars, there's a little head-case. Punchy, aggressive little tool. Always on the edge of starting something. He's pretty hard, to be fair, but on close scrutiny, he picks his targets - he's effectively an angry little bully.

Then there's the other guy, who just sits in the corner, taking it all in. The 'hard' little fella NEVER crosses this guy,

Little man is the one making all the noise, getting involved, starting stuff, but we all KNOW who the really HARD one is.

Because he has a bullet proof vest on and is carrying a knife, not because he is hard ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here