Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Loanee Strikers

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Name another.

That deal has and will keep costing the club, as they continue to chase players that no longer exist.

It's all academic anyway, in no time at all we'll be booing a £50 million striker the same as a £50k one.

Well I'm sure the club still hope that Hemed and Hambo will eventually be successful, Hemed doesn't look like it, but Hambo has potential if he can get and stay fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The number of people who say now isnt the time to buy a striker wait until the summer; but by the time of the summer window the opportunity will be gone and we have to start all over again and I am a year older so may not see us in The Premier..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Kelechi Iheanacho would be very nice. Chances of Man City sending him out though is probably around 0.2%. Similar with Dwight Gayle at Palace, he's supposedly headed for the exit but they're more keen on it being a permanent deal rather than a loan - plus Swansea and at least one other Prem club would likely show interest.

Georgios Samaras is a free agent at mo, so could be picked up after window closes to the ed of the season if things do get desperate. Has Premiership experience but would take a while to get full match fitness. Slim Pickings.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The number of people who say now isnt the time to buy a striker wait until the summer; but by the time of the summer window the opportunity will be gone and we have to start all over again and I am a year older so may not see us in The Premier..

But you saw us play in the old division one, in a cup final, plus a few play-off finals.

A lot more than fans of other clubs have seen.

Just because the name has changed, it's still the same league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This isn't the time to buy the wrong striker.
If the right striker is out there, and we can land him, then yes. Otherwise stick with what we've got (which, to be fair, ain't bad).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I still reckon that Florin Andone- who we were linked with a few weeks ago- would be a good signing. Banging in goals in the Liga Adelante, 22 years of age, full Romanian international, pretty pacy, tenacious and decent in the air. Doubt he would cost much either.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
BG's xmases may all have come at once.... 1454244990555-1840751390.jpg

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still reckon that Florin Andone- who we were linked with a few weeks ago- would be a good signing. Banging in goals in the Liga Adelante, 22 years of age, full Romanian international, pretty pacy, tenacious and decent in the air. Doubt he would cost much either.

I like the look of that guy. Quick and scores a lot of scrappy penalty box goals, the sign of a real goalscorer IMO...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Whisper of Joe Garner from Preston. Age 27. Good footballer. Having a poor season but over the previous 2 years averaged just short of a goal every two games so if the price is right............?

Lower league, still very much unproven. In championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Postman Pat

I would take both ON LOAN but I cant see Derby agreeing to it. They are the type we should be looking at for a loan but not to buy.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I really don't understand the negativity from some on here. You would think we were bottom of the league rather than fourth. If I was Tony Bloom and read posts like this, I'd be tempted to stop paying £10 million a year to cover losses and just give up on the club when all people do is moan when we're fourth in the league.

I'm sure mr bloom takes these post extremely seriously..........😆😆😆😆

Have a day off...

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So you think there is just an infinite amount of money available for loan players wages!?

I didn't say that I was just making a business case. For arguments sake as far as that is concerned a loan player say on £50k a week would cost a lot less than £1m for the rest of a season. A transfer in of say £5m + wages would cost a lot more. If you can't find a transfer target to buy for your 5m quid then why wouldn't you want to bring in a loan for a lot less irrespective of what the wages were.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I disagree. I'm fairly certain we'll have a pretty rigid wage structure in place, even taking into account loan deals. There's no way we'll bring in a player that we're going to be contributing more towards than our wage structure allows.
In your example then we wouldn't bring in say Wayne Rooney on loan for the rest of the season if we were asked to contribute £50k a week in wages as it would probably break our wage structure. I'm sure that the other squad players would recognise that it was a good bit of business that could secure promotion even though for a short period an outsider would be outside the normal wage structure

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
In your example then we wouldn't bring in say Wayne Rooney on loan for the rest of the season if we were asked to contribute £50k a week in wages as it would probably break our wage structure. I'm sure that the other squad players would recognise that it was a good bit of business that could secure promotion even though for a short period an outsider would be outside the normal wage structure

I don't think we would, no.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
We can't afford to pay someone £40k a week !! If we did I'd want better than those two

I dont think its a case of we cannot afford , but more of a case that we will not pay that to break our wage structure , which i for one applaud :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here