Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Here you will find his heat map for the Swansea game, BG. Sorry, I couldn't find any others for you. As you will see, he is in the opponents box occasonally in 90 minutes while he is to be found in his position on the right flank pretty much all of the time. But then you'd expect that of a right winger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34818139

'Right winger' is a bit strong. How about 'right-sided striker'??

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do you think that possibly he might have done better if he was fitter? Do you think it is mere coincidence that all of the greatest athletes in the world are not fat people? Simple equation: we are going to pay you thousands of pounds per week to play football for us. In return we would like you to eat healthily and remain trim. Deal? No? Then sod off and play elsewhere then.

In all fairness, Colin from the 'Supermarket dot com' advert seems to have done much better gaining admiring women than if he had been slimmer.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In all fairness, Colin from the 'Supermarket dot com' advert seems to have done much better gaining admiring women than if he had been slimmer.

That's true. Ok, get Colin in on a short term deal and let Baldock go out on loan.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Didn't you mention, in one of the other glenn murray threads, that he has developed a reputation for being lazy in training?

There was a slight suggestion of that based on a remark made by Eddie Howe after GM failed even to make the bench in one game that he [Howe] saw what players did all week and not just on a Saturday.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Aden Flint, the Bristol City centre back, scored 15 in 57 last season. Does that make him a striker then?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has scored 29 goals in 108 games for Bournemouth better than 1 in 4 so to me that is a strikers rate,.at least for us it is.

#BGLogic

Come on BG, we know you're somebody's very clever 2nd account - about time you told us your real identity!

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Just wish people would stop going on about him. We dropped him. Who's to say he would want to come back?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You need to stop pigeonholing those who exhibit non right sided laterality and defensiveness as left backs, BG. :wink:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Gus constantly banged on about patient, intelligent, passing football. Our team completely exemplified this, in both it's strengths and weaknesses. The ideology was there for all to see, I've never seen a League One side with such an identity.

I don't know if there was a striker in England at the correct level who suited this better than Glenn Murray. I'm not sure there was one at the correct level who suited it less than CMS. The way Gus liked to play would suggest that he really REALLY wouldn't rate a headless chicken like CMS. I still wonder if there's something to the whole story we don't know about.

I believe that there was a fallout and Poyet letting him go was a personal issue. The way he left was too odd to be anything else.

There have been people who have suggested that Poyet and GM's other half had a problem. I can't back that up but I could believe it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
meh we dont need a left back now, Bong will be back pretty much after the next 2 home games.

Certainly soon enough to not warrant getting another left back in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
meh we dont need a left back now, Bong will be back pretty much after the next 2 home games.

Certainly soon enough to not warrant getting another left back in.

Where are you getting your info? The silence is deafening on both Rosenior and Bong. KLL came back months after we were oriiginally told and Baldock appears to be an ongoing sick note. I wouldn't count on either Bong or Rosenior being back before the end of Feb. We are very slow at getting injured players back.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What's to say Murray won't go on loan elsewhere? Personally I would have him back but I would prefer us to bring someone in before the window shuts. It's just typical NSC putting 2 and 2 together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here