Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I mentioned to someone at the club that I almost ran over GM in Sainsbury's car park on Preston Road and they winced. Make of that what you will.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ok .....:thumbsup: contract up, wanted a pay rise, poyet wouldn't agree so he went to our biggest rivals up the road , moody ,homesick apparently all the time but i guess once he bought his gaff he had to deal with it in a grown up way and not sulk.......still not keen , don't think he was either...my opinion of course.

Of course he wanted a pay rise, he was ****ing brilliant. We offered him something pitiful (as we did with Barnes), meanwhile Palace offered him TRIPLE. We basically pushed him out the club to make way for CMS, wages wise.

He then wanted to come back but Gary Dicker broke Will Hoskins foot, stopping the move.

But he didn't clap the fans once or something, and stopped running because he had a HERNIA. What a prick eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
footballers talk such bollox......not too keen on murray,he basically sulked himself out the door....

Nope Poyet thought CMS was a better player and wanted him more than Murray. Hard to believe but there ya go. Beggars belief that he chose the really shit one, surely someone with a football brain should have seen the goals came because of Peterborough's gung ho style and Tomlin and Boyd as providers. Apparently not.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope Poyet thought CMS was a better player and wanted him more than Murray. Hard to believe but there ya go. Beggars belief that he chose the really shit one out of Tomlinson and Boyd

Still SO baffled by this. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Murray couldn't be MORE of a Poyet player, and CMS couldn't be LESS!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I mentioned to someone at the club that I almost ran over GM in Sainsbury's car park on Preston Road and they winced. Make of that what you will.

Didn't you mention, in one of the other glenn murray threads, that he has developed a reputation for being lazy in training?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Nope Poyet thought CMS was a better player and wanted him more than Murray. Hard to believe but there ya go. Beggars belief that he chose the really shit one out of Tomlinson and Boyd

It wasn't Tomlin at the time was it? It was Mackail-Smith, Boyd and MacClean. Boyd was the ONLY decent one. 'Mac-attack' my 4rse.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Still SO baffled by this. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Murray couldn't be MORE of a Poyet player, and CMS couldn't be LESS!

Could it maybe just be that Poyet DOESN'T actually (or didn't at the time, at least) have the clear pure footballing ideology that some credit him with?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What ROT. Ignore him scoring 20 goals for us in League 1 and 30 in the Championship for the Nigels, and goals at Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

He didn't clap the fans at Brentford when SADE was manager, frankly hanging is too good for him.

It wasn't Tomlin at the time was it? It was Mackail-Smith, Boyd and MacClean. Boyd was the ONLY decent one. 'Mac-attack' my 4rse.

I may be wrong but I thought all three were there at the same time?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could it maybe just be that Poyet DOESN'T actually (or didn't at the time, at least) have the clear pure footballing ideology that some credit him with?

Defence first and retaining the ball is the most important thing. It did lead to some really dull football in amongst some scintillating stuff when we ripped teams apart

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gus constantly banged on about patient, intelligent, passing football. Our team completely exemplified this, in both it's strengths and weaknesses. The ideology was there for all to see, I've never seen a League One side with such an identity.

I don't know if there was a striker in England at the correct level who suited this better than Glenn Murray. I'm not sure there was one at the correct level who suited it less than CMS. The way Gus liked to play would suggest that he really REALLY wouldn't rate a headless chicken like CMS. I still wonder if there's something to the whole story we don't know about.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do we have to go over this Glenn Murray bollocks every transfer window? He left five seasons ago ffs and yet almost daily there is a I want Glenn Murray back thread, if he ever reads NSC he must be pissing himself laughing at all the sad wankers posting the same shit week after week I know I would.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do we have to go over this Glenn Murray bollocks every transfer window? He left five seasons ago ffs and yet almost daily there is a I want Glenn Murray back thread, if he ever reads NSC he must be pissing himself laughing at all the sad wankers posting the same shit week after week I know I would.

How many seasons ago did sidwell leave? how many for zamora? How many for crofts?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't follow Bournemouth that closely, but where is he in the striker pecking order?

Afobe, Grabban, Murray ? Isn't that Wilson out for a while still, Yann Kermorgant has gone to Reading. Who else is there? They don't have a lot of depth in that department do they?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Gus constantly banged on about patient, intelligent, passing football. Our team completely exemplified this, in both it's strengths and weaknesses. The ideology was there for all to see, I've never seen a League One side with such an identity.

I don't know if there was a striker in England at the correct level who suited this better than Glenn Murray. I'm not sure there was one at the correct level who suited it less than CMS. The way Gus liked to play would suggest that he really REALLY wouldn't rate a headless chicken like CMS. I still wonder if there's something to the whole story we don't know about.

I agree entirely, yes. Its utterly baffling.

My point is that just perhaps, for all the "We play my way" stuff, that he was, on some level, NOT completely clear in his strategy / theory.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree entirely, yes. Its utterly baffling.

My point is that just perhaps, for all the "We play my way" stuff, that he was, on some level, NOT completely clear in his strategy / theory.

Perhaps. Perhaps he was trying to evolve his philosophy but over reached.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I don't follow Bournemouth that closely, but where is he in the striker pecking order?

Afobe, Grabban, Murray ? Isn't that Wilson out for a while still, Yann Kermorgant has gone to Reading. Who else is there? They don't have a lot of depth in that department do they?

Afobe, Grabban, Josh King, Rantie, Wilson, Murray...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here