Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton sign Harper

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bournemouth & Burnley got promoted without a 20 goal scorer. What they did have was several players who could score 10 or more each.

Indeed. And they regularly had more than 3 players in the opposition half, something which Hughton may need to look at. As we're obviously not going to be signing a proven Championship goalscorer any time soon, perhaps committing to playing 2 up front would pay dividends for us. Worked well for Watford.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A very exciting signing and I don't blame the club for bigging it up as when will we ever sign a player from Real Madrid again. The future looks bright. Let's just hope some good attacking players are signed in the next couple of weeks so we are still in the Championship (at least) when the promising youngsters start to break through.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which is very encouraging.

Lets see what he does against Forest...

Hughton's target is now top six not survival. Therefore, I look forward to articles with this sort of quote popping up in the Argus:

"In the main, Hughton has gone with a 4-4-2 this season, incorporating players providing genuine width.
The St Andrew’s faithful have been enjoying the attacking slant, in the Championship and the Europa League."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ws/birmingham-city-chris-hughton-talks-165184

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A very exciting signing and I don't blame the club for bigging it up as when will we ever sign a player from Real Madrid again. The future looks bright. Let's just hope some good attacking players are signed in the next couple of weeks so we are still in the Championship (at least) when the promising youngsters start to break through.

I'm looking forward to bounce this one day!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hughton's target is now top six not survival. Therefore, I look forward to articles with this sort of quote popping up in the Argus:

"In the main, Hughton has gone with a 4-4-2 this season, incorporating players providing genuine width.
The St Andrew’s faithful have been enjoying the attacking slant, in the Championship and the Europa League."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ws/birmingham-city-chris-hughton-talks-165184

No no no. HUGHTON is hugely negative & has always played a dull boring style of football - remember Norwich fans said it so it's true...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He played 2 up front for Lewes and last night against Crawley.

If he varies it depending on the opposition that will be fine with me. It will be fantastic if we can actually go at teams at the Amex now and then with two up front. Against teams like Boro or Derby I can accept us being a bit more cautious and sticking with one.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If he varies it depending on the opposition that will be fine with me. It will be fantastic if we can actually go at teams at the Amex now and then with two up front. Against teams like Boro or Derby I can accept us being a bit more cautious and sticking with one.
No time for all this cautious negative crap...Forget about the opposition and put your best side out to win.You go cautious you don't win its that simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here