Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton sign Harper

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Manepaa,Hemed, Bong and Rosenior all playing regularly so presumably fit?

Thank goodness for that.

I am now confident that with this child from Scotland, we are top 5 material!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thank goodness for that.

I am now confident that with this child from Scotland, we are top 5 material!

I wish i was.....i do think we will be in or around the play offs but the word confident isn't a word i would use. I think we will start slow but by mid season I think thats when we will get momentum when the team starts to gel

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Good to hear Madrid youngsters are being advised that BHA is a viable club to join; clearly the clubs reputation is growing in the right football circles.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
If he`s any good we will sell him for peanuts in January

Based on what? When have we, in recent years, ever sold any of our players for "peanuts"? We got very good fees for Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa, and we have literally just turned down £4m for Dunk. We're actually very good at getting the right price for our players when we do sell them. What's the point in being so unnecessarily negative? This is, unarguably, a very exciting signing, yet you still feel the need to moan for absolutely no reason. :tosser:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Based on what? When have we, in recent years, ever sold any of our players for "peanuts"? We got very good fees for Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa, and we have literally just turned down £4m for Dunk. We're actually very good at getting the right price for our players when we do sell them. What's the point in being so unnecessarily negative? This is, unarguably, a very exciting signing, yet you still feel the need to moan for absolutely no reason. :tosser:

The money we have received for players from Murrrey to Ulloa in recent seasons has been peanuts in comparison to the money we would be receiving in the premier league, we have always been a selling club and that does not look like changing any time soon

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The money we have received for players from Murrrey to Ulloa in recent seasons has been peanuts in comparison to the money we would be receiving in the premier league, we have always been a selling club and that does not look like changing any time soon
Murray was a free agent and not ours to sell, and all the others had several bids turned down for them before we finally accepted a bid. It astounds me that people still think that we sell at the first offer for so-called peanuts.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Having read the thread on that Tartan Army site I'm surprised at how well known this lad is, he's their great white hope. Definitely our most exciting signing of the summer, arguably the most exciting since Ulloa.

Got an email from one of my colleagues this morning who's a Tartan Army Hearts fan saying we've got an absolute gem and he's glad he'll be able to develop with us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting interview on the club site - confirms that the club is well regarded in Spain:

New Brighton & Hove Albion striker Jack Harper plans to use a mix of Spanish flair and Scottish grit to breakthrough into Chris Hughton's first-team plans.

The Scotland under-19 international spent the past six seasons with Real Madrid; and last season played for the Spanish giants Juvenil A side in the UEFA Youth League.

He wore the famous all-white kit against the likes of Liverpool and FC Basel, and feels his Spanish grounding gives him the platform to make his move to Albion a success.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I've got experience of playing in a different country and I'm ready to bring it to England. I would say that I'm a natural goalscorer; I've got the natural Spanish technique, but I work like a Scotsman!

"It was a great experience to be playing against some of the top sides in Europe last season, but I want more first-team football and it was getting quite complicated at Real Madrid.

"I was keen for a move, but I wasn't sure where to go. I had a few options, and one of the scouts in Spain painted a really good picture of Brighton & Hove Albion and everything he told me has been the case.

"Talking with my family and my agent, I felt that this was the best option for my future. Brighton is a club on the rise, so it was perfect situation for me to go forward."

The 19-year-old, has met some of his new teammates at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, is currently sidelined with a minor knee injury, but is aiming for a swift return.

He added, "I want to get over this short-term injury, which should be just over a month.

"I'm looking to do well with under-21s and then hopefully get a chance in the first-team before Christmas.

"Gordon Greer already welcomed me to the club when I arrived, he was a great help and is a really nice guy. He's someone who made his name here at the club and it's something that I would like to do as well.

"I've also spoken to Tomer, who is represented by the same agency as me, and he said how much he enjoys it here and explained that it was a great place to play football.

"I was told about what this club is like now, but I couldn't believe it until I got here. The training complex is brilliant and the club is ready for the Premier League."

I was loving every word of this - until the last line. Premier League ready!!!! Harper out!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was loving every word of this - until the last line. Premier League ready!!!! Harper out!

It's part of every new players contract that they must get this line in during their first three interviews. If they do it more than once they get a packet of Polos from Paul Barber.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's part of every new players contract that they must get this line in during their first three interviews. If they do it more than once they get a packet of Polos from Paul Barber.
Hope the club's not paying for the polos then - ffp and all that...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here