Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton i360 construction update.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
How high is it now and how high will it be once completed?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Jack Straw's i360 Watch!

View from the top of Regency Square this morning.
Yes. It leans to the east and the sea slopes uphill. It was windy when I took this!

Attachments

• P1100172.JPG
    P1100172.JPG
    931.5 KB · Views: 313

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Gets uglier as it grows. Definite similarity to Newhaven incinerator chimney.
Yep, If anyone had put a planning application in for some effing great chimney they would have been told to get stuffed. Whilst it's all very well having a pod going up and down, most of the time it will look like a great big chimney sticking out that you can see from just about every place in the city. Great view driving down Dyke Road!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, If anyone had put a planning application in for some effing great chimney they would have been told to get stuffed. Whilst it's all very well having a pod going up and down, most of the time it will look like a great big chimney sticking out that you can see from just about every place in the city. Great view driving down Dyke Road!

How many completely cylindrical 162m tall lone chimneys have you seen exactly!?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Awesome. You'll be able to look over the top of Embassy Court.

Drove past it early this morning, complete abomination.
Should have rebuilt the pier with the money,

I've always thought it should have been built at the end of a new pier, not directly on the shoreline. The Spinnaker Tower is a great design and is sympathetic to it's location, I'm not sure I can say the same about the i360.

Maybe it's a fracking exporation in disguise?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Awesome. You'll be able to look over the top of Embassy Court.

Drove past it early this morning, complete abomination.
Should have rebuilt the pier with the money,

It wasn't a case of either/or as I understand it – different pots of money for different 'projects'. I'm sure if someone thought it was worth – from a financial/profitable point of view – re-building the West Pier, then they would have stuck their hands in their pocket.

Anyway, I think it looks awesome, and can't wait to go on it. I ran past on Sunday morning, and it was nearly the height of the crane, with six or seven sections to still yet to go on. There's no doubt it's going to be tall!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here