Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever concert?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Screaming Lord Sutch at the Top Rank Halloween 1971 but sneaked in through the fire exit and only saw the last few minutes.
First proper gig was Slade, Thin Lizzy and Suzi Quatro at the Top Rank 1972.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
The Dead Kennedy's circa 81, in Glasgow. Had me hooked on live shows for years! First time I met Attilla (think he was promoter or some such) was a Kennedy's gig a couple of years later in Brixton - Peter & test tube babies supporting...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I don't know how to say this but,

~gulp~

Crystal Palace Garden Party July 31 1971

Elton John

Yes

Fairport Convention

Rory Gallagher

Tir Na Nog

Hookfoot

We got a place right by the lake, got stomped on by some Hell's Angels and watched a very pissed Keith Moon messing about in a rowing boat and eventually falling in.

Image, below, not mine, but close as we were in the front .

e-john-cpalace-900.jpg

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Ian Dury and The Blockheads - Brighton Centre, 31st July 1979.

The tickets said "Ian Drury" and the first 'r' was (badly) blotted out by black felt-tip.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The Dead Kennedy's circa 81, in Glasgow. Had me hooked on live shows for years! First time I met Attilla (think he was promoter or some such) was a Kennedy's gig a couple of years later in Brixton - Peter & test tube babies supporting...
Now i saw The Masked raiders [lead singer was Pete Byewaters] supporting The Macc Lads May 88 in Putney.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now i saw The Masked raiders [lead singer was Pete Byewaters] supporting The Macc Lads May 88 in Putney.

I saw The Macc Lads play a bar in a shopping centre in Ealing many moons ago. Utter shite.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know how to say this but,

~gulp~

Crystal Palace Garden Party July 31 1971

Elton John

Yes

Fairport Convention

Rory Gallagher

Tir Na Nog

Hookfoot

We got a place right by the lake, got stomped on by some Hell's Angels and watched a very pissed Keith Moon messing about in a rowing boat and eventually falling in.

Image, below, not mine, but close as we were in the front .

e-john-cpalace-900.jpg

:lolol:

1971 didn't really happen did it? That is one hell of a line up, nightmare-wise.

Keith Moon, though. I'd be happy to have a memory like that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hawkwind Spirit of the Age Tour at the Manchester Palace 16th September 1977 just before my 17th Birthday.

A dozen of us with the only driver we could summon piled into in a Ford Transit all the way from Northwich

When we got there we somehow got served a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown in the Bar even though we were obviously spotty under age oiks with bum fluff while surrounded by the most horrendous looking local Hells Angels.

Performance was halted part way through due to a brawl between Security and the Angels.

Hawkwind were thunderous and Mad Bob Calvert didn't forget any lyrics for once.

A truly marvellous night. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here