Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Tony Bloom to step down?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
thing is , there was no-one at the club with the required knowledge to make that statement.....burke , bloom , barber and even hyppia all failed as far as assembling a competetive squad this season.......the only one you can pin the bullshit tag on is burke...did he ever say that..?? only saw quotes from barber and bloom regarding strength of squad but clearly neither of them would have a clue.....Hughton is the brains in the operation now ..........we will have a very good idea of the extent of the bullshit by the end of july.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
By having us believe "We would have a side capable of reaching the play offs this year" Bullshit me thinks!

Which he said at the start of the season and has not reiterated since, clutching at straws for a reason to dislike the board. And you only reinforce my earlier post. People thinking we have a God given right to be a play off chasing team.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You didn't ask a question though.

I asked the question on the "ask the club" thread "player" on 1/10/13 and again "player again" on 6/10/13 and the thread you refer to was on the 5/11/13 which was not answered .......you might at this juncture ask yourself why someone higher at the club did not step in until you and others started asking questions.
I was unfortunately an electrician through long periods of my working life and if I rewired a house and left one of the lights intermittantly working CONTINUOUSLY and made up laim excuses for it not working I would have been sacked....but Oh no insider took it as an insult or you did and I got the ban.
it should have been someone at Player who got the ban permanantly.
I really do not give a tinkers about the ban, the thing that worries me is it was more important to ban me than actually doing something about it,
two and half years and its still no better (dropping out interview mix-ups) do the club not think that those who live out of the area or even out of the country matter, they are as keen as you and I to see and hear whats happening at the club even in these bad times or are there too few to worry about
someone needs to jump on those at player until it hurts ..................is it just us as some use the oppositions commentary and it works OK ............or is everyone who uses it getting less than they pay for

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Which he said at the start of the season and has not reiterated since, clutching at straws for a reason to dislike the board. And you only reinforce my earlier post. People thinking we have a God given right to be a play off chasing team.
I don't dislike the board just don't wish to be treated like an idiot! Oh and don't forget the Premiership ready crock of shit too! Mate I don't think we have the god given right to play in any division!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't dislike the board just don't wish to be treated like an idiot! Oh and don't forget the Premiership ready crock of shit too! Mate I don't think we have the god given right to play in any division!!

How did you interpret the 'Premier League Ready' comment?

I read it as the club trying to ensure that the administration and infrastructure of the club, in terms of ticketing, media demands, marketing, commercial activities and communication facilities would be able to withstand the extra pressures and demands put upon them should the club be promoted.

This seems logical given that we were in the playoffs at the time. Do you disagree?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I asked the question on the "ask the club" thread "player" on 1/10/13 and again "player again" on 6/10/13 and the thread you refer to was on the 5/11/13 which was not answered .......you might at this juncture ask yourself why someone higher at the club did not step in until you and others started asking questions.
I was unfortunately an electrician through long periods of my working life and if I rewired a house and left one of the lights intermittantly working CONTINUOUSLY and made up laim excuses for it not working I would have been sacked....but Oh no insider took it as an insult or you did and I got the ban.
it should have been someone at Player who got the ban permanantly.
I really do not give a tinkers about the ban, the thing that worries me is it was more important to ban me than actually doing something about it,
two and half years and its still no better (dropping out interview mix-ups) do the club not think that those who live out of the area or even out of the country matter, they are as keen as you and I to see and hear whats happening at the club even in these bad times or are there too few to worry about
someone needs to jump on those at player until it hurts ..................is it just us as some use the oppositions commentary and it works OK ............or is everyone who uses it getting less than they pay for

Here is your comment to Insider

"Doncaster away
well that went well did'nt it
its surely time now for some heads to roll"

I ask again, where is the question?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
How did you interpret the 'Premier League Ready' comment?

I read it as the club trying to ensure that the administration and infrastructure of the club, in terms of ticketing, media demands, marketing, commercial activities and communication facilities would be able to withstand the extra pressures and demands put upon them should the club be promoted.

This seems logical given that we were in the playoffs at the time. Do you disagree?

Yes its a fair comment! But being ready on the commercial front is a far cry with us being ready on the pitch. Do you disagree?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes its a fair comment! But being ready on the commercial front is a far cry with us being ready on the pitch. Do you disagree?

Absolutely agree with you, but the question being asked of PB was in relation to the commercial front, so I don't understand why you are applying it to the squad as well.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Here is your comment to Insider

"Doncaster away
well that went well did'nt it
its surely time now for some heads to roll"

I ask again, where is the question?

did you not read the previous two threads, thats where I asked the question in some detail ....put that in contex with those previous two or are they not connected
both the previous threads were laim excuses then one month later the same happens again .............please do not tell me nobody saw the connection because if that is so then we are all lost, most on here saw it, so you and insider chose not too.
this is all besides the fact that it is still useless.......so who the hell do we complain to now

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Agreed with most of that.

But as regards Hyppia, he seemed quite content to let him carry on and even jetted away on holiday. It was Hyppia that actually tendered his resignation.
I'm not sure how long TB would have let him carry on for!

But yes TB will get this sorted for next season. We will be up there looking for promotion!

In normal NSC fashion we will be expecting automatic promotion!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
By having us believe "We would have a side capable of reaching the play offs this year" Bullshit me thinks!

We could have had a side capable of reaching the play offs with the right new recruits. The word was 'capable' .
I promise you that Bloom or Hughton will say something similar if they spend this summer. If not the word will be stabilise or improve or something similar after this season. Or maybe they should tell us EXACTLY where we will finish next season and we can put a tenner on it and get rich.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Absolutely agree with you, but the question being asked of PB was in relation to the commercial front, so I don't understand why you are applying it to the squad as well.

I do agree in some part that the question asked of PB was in relation to the commercial front but one has to work hand in hand with the other surely if the squad is poor and we are god forbid relegated then this will have an affect on the commercial front, but I suppose the question to PB was specific.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I do agree in some part that the question asked of PB was in relation to the commercial front but one has to work hand in hand with the other surely if the squad is poor and we are god forbid relegated then this will have an affect on the commercial front, but I suppose the question to PB was specific.

The question was also asked two years ago when we finished 4th and were in the playoffs.

There's no need to ask it this season. A more appropriate question would be 'Do we have the financial resources to cope with relegation '?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bloody expensive bullshit if that is what you think it is. The club could have found much cheaper options to try and get one over the fans if that it what you think they are doing.

In what way do you feel it has been expensive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here