Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Tony Bloom to step down?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
did you not read the previous two threads, thats where I asked the question in some detail ....put that in contex with those previous two or are they not connected
both the previous threads were laim excuses then one month later the same happens again .............please do not tell me nobody saw the connection because if that is so then we are all lost, most on here saw it, so you and insider chose not too.
this is all besides the fact that it is still useless.......so who the hell do we complain to now[/QUOTE]

:lol: you sir are champions league when it comes to complaining

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
2m+ for Baldock, 1m for Stockdale, 500k for CoG for starters. That's a pretty packet for a board that is bullshitting us about having a play off challenging squad.

Not exactly breaking the bank mate! Check out the company accounts Mr Bloom bailed us for a further 40 million last year!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
did you not read the previous two threads, thats where I asked the question in some detail ....put that in contex with those previous two or are they not connected
both the previous threads were laim excuses then one month later the same happens again .............please do not tell me nobody saw the connection because if that is so then we are all lost, most on here saw it, so you and insider chose not too.
this is all besides the fact that it is still useless.......so who the hell do we complain to now[/QUOTE]

:lol: you sir are champions league when it comes to complaining

you obviously do not have to rely on "player" and can get to matches ...lucky you

Feb 14, 2010
Birmingham City, 25 September 1982, attendance 9,845.

In the interests of context, lets take the gates of the current Premier League leaders. There were 6777 for Chelsea v Carlisle in the same league that we play in now and Chelsea had numerous gates of around 8,000 odd that season. Hasn't football recovered since the early 1980's.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the interests of context, lets take the gates of the current Premier League leaders. There were 6777 for Chelsea v Carlisle in the same league that we play in now and had numerous gates of around 8,000 odd that season. Hasn't football recovered since the early 1980's.

So what, you asked the question and I answered it. You're now wriggling.

Feb 14, 2010
So what, you asked the question and I answered it. You're now wriggling.

Not wriggling at all. Just pointing pout the context in your answer. Point remains, name another club who would get 29000 for Fulham at home when losing every week in the Championship and ask where that club play their football. Jimbob made a list of clubs and when you answer the question for each club then you will find some surprising "no's" and very few "yes's". We have to make a solid comparison on a like for like basis to make any comparison meaningful. This is not a pop at Bloom. He is probably our greatest chairman in my lifetime, if not ever and nobody has the right to spend his money for him. It's just all very very predictably Brighton and Hove Albion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not wriggling at all. Just pointing pout the context in your answer. Point remains, name another club who would get 29000 for Fulham at home when losing every week in the Championship and ask where that club play their football. Jimbob made a list of clubs and when you answer the question for each club then you will find some surprising "no's" and very few "yes's". We have to make a solid comparison on a like for like basis to make any comparison meaningful. This is not a pop at Bloom. He is probably our greatest chairman in my lifetime, if not ever and nobody has the right to spend his money for him. It's just all very very predictably Brighton and Hove Albion.

But you are wriggling. You asked someone to name a match in which we had a crowd of less than 10,000 in the top flight, which I did.

You then changed the subject, started talking about Chelsea in the division below us.

Feb 14, 2010
But you are wriggling. You asked someone to name a match in which we had a crowd of less than 10,000 in the top flight, which I did.

You then changed the subject, started talking about Chelsea in the division below us.

Yes and I ch ose the current champions elect for a reason to illustrate the point. The vacuous reply to the point you make (and with respect its a vacuous point you make on a regular basis against the Albion) is to reverse your point and say "we get 25000 to 30,000 in the second tier, Chelsea only got 6000 to 10,000". Whilst factually correct, it is still nonsense because it has to be put in context as you have to take numerous things into account when making a comparison. However if you want to consider that wriggling then well fair enough. Have a good Sunday and if you get a chance, list the clubs in the country that you think could call on a support of 29,000 for a relegation scrap in the second tier. This season sums up Brighton and Hove Albion.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
you obviously do not have to rely on "player" and can get to matches ...lucky you

I live 2 hours from the amex and go to some games when possible, if not i watch Jeff and the boys with a beer and regular updates from NSC and BBC sports on-line. At the end of the game i'm fully up to date with how the Albion got beat.
So No , i don't have to rely on Player i just find another way of finding out how we lost and don't bother with all the negativity and desperation of woe is me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I live 2 hours from the amex and go to some games when possible, if not i watch Jeff and the boys with a beer and regular updates from NSC and BBC sports on-line. At the end of the game i'm fully up to date with how the Albion got beat.
So No , i don't have to rely on Player i just find another way of finding out how we lost and don't bother with all the negativity and desperation of woe is me.

and at the moment thats all you need to know :thumbsup:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
By having us believe "We would have a side capable of reaching the play offs this year" Bullshit me thinks!

I don't think they were bullshitting. They were giving us their honest opinion, the trouble is they are not very good judges.

Recent years' activitiy in the transfer markets have proved that.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't dislike the board just don't wish to be treated like an idiot! Oh and don't forget the Premiership ready crock of shit too! Mate I don't think we have the god given right to play in any division!!

But really, the board haven't treated you like an idiot. They relied on Burke to find a competitive team and I'm sure they commented on the advise of Burke. When it was apparent we don't, Burke got the sack. They didn't piss about.

Also, don't take the god given comment personally, it was meant more abstractly than personally.

But the premier league ready isn't in respect of on the pitch. Behind the scenes is what Barber said and he said it in like, one interview. Its the fans who keep dragging it up.

The club's infrastructure and from what I can tell, admin side is PLR. The playing side is less predictable.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes and I ch ose the current champions elect for a reason to illustrate the point. The vacuous reply to the point you make (and with respect its a vacuous point you make on a regular basis against the Albion) is to reverse your point and say "we get 25000 to 30,000 in the second tier, Chelsea only got 6000 to 10,000". Whilst factually correct, it is still nonsense because it has to be put in context as you have to take numerous things into account when making a comparison. However if you want to consider that wriggling then well fair enough. Have a good Sunday and if you get a chance, list the clubs in the country that you think could call on a support of 29,000 for a relegation scrap in the second tier. This season sums up Brighton and Hove Albion.

But you are not making a valid comparison. You are comparing Brighton's crowds from 2014/15 with those of Chelsea in the mid 80's, yet ignore our attendances from the same division in the same period, which dropped to 5,000 by 1987.

Feb 14, 2010
But you are not making a valid comparison. You are comparing Brighton's crowds from 2014/15 with those of Chelsea in the mid 80's, yet ignore our attendances from the same division in the same period, which dropped to 5,000 by 1987.

Bingo. Now you are starting to make the leap into context. And why did they drop from 20odd thousand in the 70's to around 7,000 to 8000 by mid 1980's and during that period how was it that Chelsea could get sub 10,000 gates and palace as low as 4000 (for one or two games granted). Context is all important. That is all I expect people to have when they make a point. The context of this football club is that it never has had a top half top flight side since 1910 when the league was split in two. If it did then that would be interesting. So as I say, list the clubs you think who could call on gates of 29000 for second tier football (when losing). There just are not many.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bingo. Now you are starting to make the leap into context. And why did they drop from 20odd thousand in the 70's to around 7,000 to 8000 by mid 1980's and during that period how was it that Chelsea could get sub 10,000 gates and palace as low as 4000 (for one or two games granted). Context is all important. That is all I expect people to have when they make a point. The context of this football club is that it never has had a top half top flight side since 1910 when the league was split in two. If it did then that would be interesting. So as I say, list the clubs you think who could call on gates of 29000 for second tier football (when losing). There just are not many.

We had 17,000 last Tuesday, so I don't include us in that list.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Strewth. Yes we are, and you know it. Have a good Sunday.

No we aren't. The match against Fulham was unusual because

1: We had just signed a £22 million striker on loan.
2: Fulham sold out their allocation because it's a local game and a new ground.
3: You're ignoring the 4,000 no shows at that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here