Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimbob5 can you stop retrospectively thumbs downing swathes of my posts.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I have just noticed that when posts by Nibble and LamieRobertson were quoted, the quote maintained the capital letters in their names. However, it chose to downgrade SIMMO SAYS to lower case.

What can it mean?

If your post is ALL CAPS or doesn't contain a smiley it gets made lower case :moo:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The answer to life, the universe, and how many thumbs [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] has.

Not much happening in your desert then:wink:
I nearly gave you a thumbs down but was confused at your post---are you with me or against me-------------I NEED to know:)
I always use lots of smilies to give an idea to my fellow brethren if I think they are:tosser: or not.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:lol:

I cant believe you've actually bothered to post this, have you nothing better to do? - its f@cking pathetic mate.

You must have received some serious bullying as a kid, "Sir! Sir! Johnny's thumbing me again"

You post some boll@cks on here sometimes but you have just surpassed yourself on this one.

I know, some days I don't agree with me either.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As I stated earlier, getting thumbs down does not affect me in the slightest. I honestly don't care, what bothered me SLIGHTLY was checking my notifications, waiting ages for the page to load and seeing it's just a load of thumbs down from the same person. Over and over again.
However my 7 hour train journey from Penzance is finished so I don't care much now.
Peace x

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me the whole thumbing question is very complex, or rather the psychology behind it a difficult thing to understand... hmmmmmmmmm

In my limited experience of these things ahem; a thumbs up comes from a person who is perchance full of grace, although I have on occasion given ironic 'ups' out - the beauty being I can laugh nay guffaw ahem ahha ahahah ahahah aha ahha hah hhah etc. sitting in my darkened room, my face lit by the dim light of my laptop whilst gently caressing my massive ego and tiny usb mouse. I keep my enemies close, as I have no friends.

Paradoxically a thumb of the down persuasion would, I suggest, unlikely to be ironic, rather it is a blunt instrument. In the case of the OP it would appear the phantom thumber has reverted to the 'child' and hypothesised that by proffering a tide of retrospective 'downers' the OP will start crying or something. Hath ye little heart indeed! Although I'm quite sure 'hilarity' prevailed all round.

Indeed during my detailed study of this recent phenomena I have concluded that the majority of serial 'downers' are the children at the back, they contribute little, kick the living shit out of the small kids at the front, make fart noises, throw wet tissue at the ceiling, get girls in 'trouble', go to raves, go bald early, and live a life full of hate, and dare I say agonising pain. But hey, they've been given a button, they press it and press it and most of the time they get a 'special reward' i.e. they get noticed again, and their s h i t little live's garner some meaning for a few seconds, before the next six pack gets opened and night, gives way to morn and morn giveth way to day etc. and so on. Another day, another press of the button, here I see light, here I see meaning here I see my chance to be somebody.

The dawning of the third age of NSC is upon us...

Or that could be a load of total and utter bollocks. Yeah, probably.

Kosh

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thumbs Up?
Thumbs Up Received33
Thumbs Down Received1

Alright, who was it?
:glare:

Haha. I know your pain. I think I was on a consecutive streak of 68ish 👍 without a single 👎 until I replied to a thread started by that Mustafa fella disagreeing with him and the git gave me my first ever 👎

😡😡

Still my only one, until some other git reads this!! 😂

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've tried to reign in my thumbing this year since I made both the lists for up and down for 2014 :(

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As I stated earlier, getting thumbs down does not affect me in the slightest. I honestly don't care, what bothered me SLIGHTLY was checking my notifications, waiting ages for the page to load and seeing it's just a load of thumbs down from the same person. Over and over again.
However my 7 hour train journey from Penzance is finished so I don't care much now.
Peace x
Next to the number of 'Notifications' is a little down-arrow. If you click that you'll get a little sub-menu displayed as a drop down. This will tell you the breakdown of your notifications (thumbs, mentions, quotes). This displays instantaneously, so if you see it's all thumbs you don't have to load the notifications page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here