Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimbob5 can you stop retrospectively thumbs downing swathes of my posts.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jimbob gave me a thumbs down yesterday. I think he has 'Down'Days'
I had 180 consecutive thumbs up once before Catfish gave me one out of spite after I had told him how conformist I had become nowadays.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Jimbob gave me a thumbs down yesterday. I think he has 'Down'Days'
I had 180 consecutive thumbs up once before Catfish gave me one out of spite after I had told him how conformist I had become nowadays.

He gave me more than 20 yesterday on the thread on child abuse (which he'd previously earned a ban on).
That's not a 'down day', that's being an utter tit

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
For me the whole thumbing question is very complex, or rather the psychology behind it a difficult thing to understand... hmmmmmmmmm

In my limited experience of these things ahem; a thumbs up comes from a person who is perchance full of grace, although I have on occasion given ironic 'ups' out - the beauty being I can laugh nay guffaw ahem ahha ahahah ahahah aha ahha hah hhah etc. sitting in my darkened room, my face lit by the dim light of my laptop whilst gently caressing my massive ego and tiny usb mouse. I keep my enemies close, as I have no friends.

Paradoxically a thumb of the down persuasion would, I suggest, unlikely to be ironic, rather it is a blunt instrument. In the case of the OP it would appear the phantom thumber has reverted to the 'child' and hypothesised that by proffering a tide of retrospective 'downers' the OP will start crying or something. Hath ye little heart indeed! Although I'm quite sure 'hilarity' prevailed all round.

Indeed during my detailed study of this recent phenomena I have concluded that the majority of serial 'downers' are the children at the back, they contribute little, kick the living shit out of the small kids at the front, make fart noises, throw wet tissue at the ceiling, get girls in 'trouble', go to raves, go bald early, and live a life full of hate, and dare I say agonising pain. But hey, they've been given a button, they press it and press it and most of the time they get a 'special reward' i.e. they get noticed again, and their s h i t little live's garner some meaning for a few seconds, before the next six pack gets opened and night, gives way to morn and morn giveth way to day etc. and so on. Another day, another press of the button, here I see light, here I see meaning here I see my chance to be somebody.

The dawning of the third age of NSC is upon us...

Or that could be a load of total and utter bollocks. Yeah, probably.

Kosh

Someone suggested I should be appearing in Pseud's Corner in Private Eye on here recently - can't remember what it was for.

You seem to have much more of a claim on such an honour....... But I did enjoy reading it...... And have some sympathy with your take on it all! :thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Someone suggested I should be appearing in Pseud's Corner in Private Eye on here recently - can't remember what it was for.

You seem to have much more of a claim on such an honour....... But I did enjoy reading it...... And have some sympathy with your take on it all! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave! - I guess what it all boils down to is sex, drugs and rock and roll. Have a good time all the time, and the rest looks after itself... tied to the whipping post indeed!

Rock on brother.

Kosh

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks Dave! - I guess what it all boils down to is sex, drugs and rock and roll. Have a good time all the time, and the rest looks after itself... tied to the whipping post indeed!

Rock on brother.

Kosh

Whipping Post? Good Grief! I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like I've been tied to the Whipping Post.

And I have given you a thumbs-up to bring you back up from -1. Some people have no taste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here