Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
'Many', care to quantify that. Bar a few over emotional people about something that happened a number of years ago, I've not met anyone that seems to have the dislike you do of him.
Good, well respected, Coach who has done his coaching badges and did a hell of a lot last season for a team that finished in the play offs.
Or he gets some credit because Oscar was a good manager and hyppia was a shite manager???
Yes he got his coaching badges,but he doesn't have the experience that we need if we want to make the premiership.
What did he do this season as we've won 3 games all season and we've been shite?is that an improving assistant manager?

When sammi joined he asked specifically for an experienced no 2 and that he never got:nono:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If JFC starts Boxing Day, then it's safe to assume it must be in his contract, that if fit he plays, as he is the face of the Amex. If this was the case, then Jones will probably get the job, as I can see anyone else working under such circumstances.

Yep cos JFC was awful at Wolves ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never fails to amaze me how many people have such a deep insight into Jones' coaching abilities and man management skills, despite never having spent one single second behind the scenes at the Albion.

I mean: I've no idea if he's any good or not, being a mere fan, but I don't feel remotely qualified to say "He's shit" or "He's brilliant". Hyypia may have proved himself to not be very good, being the figurehead of the regime, but I really don't think I could tell you how Jones performs, simply on the basis of Hyypia's showing.

I'd laugh my head off (partly due to the above, and partly because it's probably quite unlikely, statistically speaking) if the team went off on some brilliant run with Jones in charge.

Our U21s did really well two seasons ago, as runners up to the division champions, Charlton, who were managed by Nathan Jones. He has an achievement already under his belt. It was one of the reasons he was employed with Oscar, along with the fact that he could speak fluent Spanish.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd like to make two points about Jones,

1. He has to have been part of the problem as he is 1st team coach and as such, responsible for coaching tactics and lifting the players.

2. If he is some sort of shrinking violet who didn't stand up to Hyypia and voice his concerns, then he isn't probably the man we require to start kicking some arse and get us out of this mess.

The players have been listening to Jones all season, why should anything change now??? How many assistants have taken over from sacked( resigned) managers and turned things around ???..I can't think of many. Even a blind man can see we need a need broom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

1. He has to have been part of the problem as he is 1st team coach and as such, responsible for coaching tactics and lifting the players.

2. If he is some sort of shrinking violet who didn't stand up to Hyypia and voice his concerns, then he isn't probably the man we require to start kicking some arse and get us out of this mess.

The players have been listening to Jones all season, why should anything change now??? How many assistants have taken over from sacked( resigned) managers and turned things around ???..I can't think of many. Even a blind man can see we need a need broom.

Last season, Jones was a key part in training and coaching. Oscar rarely took sessions. This season, Hyypia has been hands on as head coach, with Jones taking a back seat.

See if you can work that one out and correlate to results Einstein.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Clearly.

I'm not saying he's good. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm merely saying that I don't feel like I have enough insight to possibly judge.
I take your point of course, its just difficult to see beyond him at the moment......

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm merely saying that I don't feel like I have enough insight to possibly judge.

You've got a username, and a password. Judge away. You don't need anything else...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Last season, Jones was a key part in training and coaching. Oscar rarely took sessions. This season, Hyypia has been hands on as head coach, with Jones taking a back seat.

Looks like he has been pretty hands on to me. He is the only fu**er that looks interested on a Saturday afternoon, barking out his orders.......and we had a far better squad last year as well.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

What a load of twaddle lol
You're suggesting that Jones was brilliant last season and ironically was dropped by hyppia this season?
So what exactly was Jones roll then as hyppia was happy to let Jones wave his arms up and down on the touch line trying to motivate the players that had little affect.

When you're a club with "premier league" ambitions and a fair few experienced high calibre players in your ranks...You need someone with experience and know how and someone you respect and possibily look upto.

Do you see our players looking Upto nathan Jones and listening to his amazing knowledge of league 1 and 2 and charlton's under 21s? Im sorry but he just isn't ready to be involved in management at this moment in time especially for a club gunning for the prem originally.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be very surprised if anyone on here has got a clue as to whether Nathan is a good coach or not. We all want Albion to win. So lets support him during his caretaker spell and then see what happens.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Drivel.

Jones was often on the touchline barking instructions.

I remember Oatway on occasions being backed off by Poyet. Why shouldn't it be any different for Hyypia/Jones? Would you call Oatway a shrieking violet?

Nothing but a witch-hunt for Jones and you are simply jumping on the bandwagon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We had a good manager, he left. Since then we have lost another good manager, who left and appointed an average one, who has now left.

Since he has arrived we have sold our best players and we are now sitting in the bottom three of the Championship. When he arrived we had a play off challenging squad, we now have a bottom three in the championship side.

He is the CEO, he has to take some responsibility for what has happened.

That's odd. I could have sworn that when Barber took over we had just finished 10th in this division, and that under Barber we made the playoffs in the first two seasons of his time as CEO. We also signed a player for £2 million that we sold for £8 million 18 months later, and that player can't get a regular start for the team bottom of the PL.

Have I mixed him up with someone else?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Best of luck to him, he certainly now has a chance to prove himself. If he does well then why not keep him on.

Promoting from within CAN work. However, January with Jones would be a challenge due to a possible lack of transfer experience - the pressure will certainly be ramped up on Burke further, but Nathan will certainly need a BIG say IF he was to be kept on.

A quick decision should probably be made though, ahead of the transfer window.

Feb 14, 2010
New manager should decide if he wants an assistant and if so, who it is. Personally I think there are too many coaches, doctors, fitness coaches and the like. The players need a rocket up their backsides for being shit all season not pampered. First thing I'd do would be to have them running around Whitehawk, Rocky style, before I let them in the posh new training ground again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here