Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Ofishical [MERGED] Match day thread Wolves Vs Brighton***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its not that one is the weaker link, its that neither are the defensive midfielder that is needed. Both are young and like to get forward

Sorry, but Gardner is a shocking player, and is apparently given more license to get forward, as a consequence this has restricted JFC. JFC cannot tackle, but as has been proven both under Poyet and for England U21s he can pick a pass, and is better further forward.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WA gives Bruno some plaudits. Can we keep the tempo (that's a chess term) up?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sorry, but Gardner is a shocking player, and is apparently given more license to get forward, as a consequence this has restricted JFC. JFC cannot tackle, but as has been proven both under Poyet and for England U21s he can pick a pass, and is better further forward.

I agree that JFC has been restricted and is far better further forward, but I would say that is more through the failure of Hyypia to play a holding or defensive midfielder.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree that JFC has been restricted and is far better further forward, but I would say that is more through the failure of Hyypia to play a holding or defensive midfielder.

Yes, I think that is fair. But as you say JFC has to stay back, whilst Gardner brainlessly marauds forward like a headless chicken, perhaps, by as per my original my point, by playing Holla, JFC can play in his natural position.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Tex giving the ball away constantly... Colunga or McCourt at half time please

Colunga for me. Tex has loads of ability but no brain it would seem - he needs to know when to try the clever move and when to do the simple pass.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can we keep Bent till end of season please?

So different to have an experienced front man who can score :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here