Votes: 75 13.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 501 87.0%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My view is that Hyypia is out of his depth and needs to go. However, I don't necessarily believe TB is unaware of this and is being stubborn. He knows there will be a cost for getting rid of SH which he has to weigh up against the probably cost if we get relegated. What he says to the press and at Fans Forums might not completely convey what is going on behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me if they have sounded out a few agents about managers but is surely about timing. Do you get rid this week with a near impossible task next week away to Derby. New manager comes in and starts of with a loss (although others will point to Poyet's victory at Southampton) or wait till next week, get new man in for the Millwall game plus give him a couple of games to assess squad before the transfer window.

Time will tell.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My view is that Hyypia is out of his depth and needs to go. However, I don't necessarily believe TB is unaware of this and is being stubborn. He knows there will be a cost for getting rid of SH which he has to weigh up against the probably cost if we get relegated. What he says to the press and at Fans Forums might not completely convey what is going on behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me if they have sounded out a few agents about managers but is surely about timing. Do you get rid this week with a near impossible task next week away to Derby. New manager comes in and starts of with a loss (although others will point to Poyet's victory at Southampton) or wait till next week, get new man in for the Millwall game plus give him a couple of games to assess squad before the transfer window.

Time will tell.

Change it now, give the fans some hope of a happy Christmas FFS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have been saying it for about 6 weeks - Sami OUT. He is ****ing clueless. More examples from his substitution choices today. The tactical nous of a brick. Lacks inspiration / the ability to motivate. Shocking.

Tony - please wield the axe before it's too ****ing late. The time is NOW.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Sadly I've been saying this since attending the pre-season friendly at Peterborough the man isn't up to the job! Please do the decent thing Hyypia and resign! :thumbsup:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm probably one of the few who tniks that changing the manager is not the best option every time - and very conservative about change for the sake of change.

However when you see:

Players who are almost tripping over each other trying to argue who's taking a free kick.........
Those taking free kicks blazing them over the bar at a critical time of the match.....
JFC and Colunga playing like drains and then bringing on March to replace Bennett who looked dangerous......
The total lack of warmth, passion and zero connection with the fans.....
The inability to be demanding of players from the edge of the technical area when they really need guidance......

I have to agree he is the wrong man for us right now - and no, I don't know who the right one is - or how much it'd cost the club to sack him in severance pay which must be why the suits won't react or acknowledge the problem. I expect a defeat at Derby, who wouldn't, which makes the Millwall game pretty pivotal. If we don't win that I can't see a justification for hoping it gets better - and watching the financial damage that relegation would cause to a club with Premier League ready facilities.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
So when are we going to do something about it and make out feelings vocal at the games? Do you really think Bloom is going to sack him based on a poll on here?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The generally accepted rule is that 50/51 points keeps you up. We have 18 so far - meaning another 11 wins are required (from 27 games) to reasonably guarantee safety. Anyone think we'll get them with the current personnel ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So when are we going to do something about it and make out feelings vocal at the games? Do you really think Bloom is going to sack him based on a poll on here?

Some have started by booing at the end especially as Hyypia left the pitch. Problem is the Superfan Tarquins who are still wet behind the ears get all stressed.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Forget it. Tony will not sack him. Tony will hope Hyypia can get us promoted from division 1 at the first attempt which will never happen but the reverse. Division 2.

I cant see TB letting this go on and risking his £200MM investment slipping into L1. £500K to pay SH off?? seems like good pot odds to me in poker speak. I hope he is on the phone lining up a replacement. I would go all out for proven experienced manager. Tony Pullis would be my number 1 target followed by Chris Houghton. TB has to face up to the fact that this gamble didn't pay off. He did well with GP and OG, but this is not working. In my opinion he needs a new man in pronto to access the squad and get some names in for the transfer window in Jan. He also needs to seriously look at the recruitment policy, some many loans and so many of the summer signs not even in the match day squad, this is a real mess. Lets hope we get away with it and can stay in this league this season. Time to man up and bin the fin.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The generally accepted rule is that 50/51 points keeps you up. We have 18 so far - meaning another 11 wins are required (from 27 games) to reasonably guarantee safety. Anyone think we'll get them with the current personnel ?

No mate! If you extrapolate our current results over the whole season we will amass 44pts at best. I would suggest we will go down with that. SH cant by a win I saw a quote to say he has 5 wins in his last 30 + matches... He is a loser in management terms.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not a tactician. Most games I don't know who is who. I shout for the colours not the player. But when Lualua was injured in front of me we needed to change players and yet he sent Lualua back on. Then Lualua came off but we did not have a sub ready! Then Ince came on. Forgive me if I'm wrong but Ince plays in the middle Lualua plays down the wing, and we have a new guy up front thriving on Lualua's crosses! Then in the last quarter he brings on March who plays down the wing feeding Bent! Am I getting this wrong?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Out.

Lets try someone else. I'm certain that our players are better than our league position suggests, the buck stops with the manager unfortunately. I'll support him and the team whilst he's here, but I'd certainly understand it if Bloom looks for another man to take charge.

The players also need to have a long think about what they are doing, they have under performed this season despite the direction they are receiving.

7/8ths of NSC can't be wrong. Surely?

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here