Votes: 75 13.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 501 87.0%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The generally accepted rule is that 50/51 points keeps you up. We have 18 so far - meaning another 11 wins are required (from 27 games) to reasonably guarantee safety. Anyone think we'll get them with the current personnel ?

No mate! If you extrapolate our current results over the whole season we will amass 44pts at best. I would suggest we will go down with that. SH cant by a win I saw a quote to say he has 5 wins in his last 30 + matches... He is a loser in management terms.

We need 33 points to get that 51. Doesn't have to be 11 wins. Could be 19 draws and seven wins (and one loss).

But statistically speaking, we don't need 51. On average the team finishing 21st (safe) has 49 points (and last year was just 44), the team finishing 22nd has 46-47 points (and has been as low as 40).

Extrapolate our current pts/game and we will end on 43.58 (based on whole season) or 46 (based on 5 game rolling average).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think it'll be happening yet but as I said on the Nathan Jones thread, I would expect Tony Bloom to be quietly looking around right now for someone to (a) save our season and, maybe most importantly (b) save next year's season ticket sales.
It's hard to see a way back once the income starts to fall.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Out.

Lets try someone else. I'm certain that our players are better than our league position suggests, the buck stops with the manager unfortunately. I'll support him and the team whilst he's here, but I'd certainly understand it if Bloom looks for another man to take charge.

The players also need to have a long think about what they are doing, they have under performed this season despite the direction they are receiving.

7/8ths of NSC can't be wrong. Surely?

:)

I agree with all of this. I feel sorry for Hyypia. He's clearly been dealt a bad hand with the squad he's got. Whether you blame Bloom (for not providing the money) or Burke (for the quality of players he's brought in), they didn't do Hyypia any favours.

However, on paper this squad is mid table Championship and shouldn't be in the bottom three. I can't believe there aren't managers out there who couldn't get this team better organised and bring the best out of them.

Yesterday, before the match, I was happy with picking four attacking players but it was clear to me (and I'm not an expert) that Forster-Caskey and Gardner doesn't work. You need one of Ince and Holla. Then we had both of them on the bench and no McCourt so the only options when LuaLua went off were to change the formation and bring on Ince or risk March who's hardly played all season. Then, when we're a goal down late on, why not stick Baldock on for one of the midfielders. We might as well lose 3-1 as 2-1.

I was back in the in category last week after we played really well at Norwich but yesterday again showed how poor Hyypia is tactically. It's a real concern.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The generally accepted rule is that 50/51 points keeps you up. We have 18 so far - meaning another 11 wins are required (from 27 games) to reasonably guarantee safety. Anyone think we'll get them with the current personnel ?

If Hyypia stays all season, I would say there's a better than 50/50 chance we'll go down. At best we'll scrape survival and season ticket sales will drop significantly, meaning we have even less money to strengthen the squad with.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Out.

Tactically he just doesn't have it. Yesterday was crying out for Holla to shore-up the centre midfield where Fulham were carving us apart but he did nothing. This is a pattern that has been going on all season. With the squad we have and the fantastic support there's no way we should be in this mess, and that is the manager's fault.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
5363341773548c4b26111a16685c308f.jpg

Clownfin

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree with all of this. I feel sorry for Hyypia. He's clearly been dealt a bad hand with the squad he's got. Whether you blame Bloom (for not providing the money) or Burke (for the quality of players he's brought in), they didn't do Hyypia any favours.

However, on paper this squad is mid table Championship and shouldn't be in the bottom three. I can't believe there aren't managers out there who couldn't get this team better organised and bring the best out of them.

Yesterday, before the match, I was happy with picking four attacking players but it was clear to me (and I'm not an expert) that Forster-Caskey and Gardner doesn't work. You need one of Ince and Holla. Then we had both of them on the bench and no McCourt so the only options when LuaLua went off were to change the formation and bring on Ince or risk March who's hardly played all season. Then, when we're a goal down late on, why not stick Baldock on for one of the midfielders. We might as well lose 3-1 as 2-1.

I was back in the in category last week after we played really well at Norwich but yesterday again showed how poor Hyypia is tactically. It's a real concern.

Hard to argue with any of that.

Unless he can turn it round with an unbeaten December including at least 2 or 3 victories the revolving door edges closer for Sammi I think and TB's long term plan for stability through Nathan Jones' steady progression will surely also be a victim.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's not just Hyypia is it ? It's Jones, BERK and all the others who are INTERFERING in the football matters. The whole set up needs to be sorted, get a manager who manages and get rid of the head coach nonsense and BERK with his DVD player

Blimey, I agree with Enrest!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I really think a decent number two would have helped Sami. Not getting the fellow from his previous club, then Lee deciding against, has not helped imo.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
First time I've voted out.

Yesterday it really appeared that the team lacked any kind of structure and there was a distinct lack of communication imo. It looked like we had assembled 11 random players the day before, not a team who have largely been together since the beginning of the season. Not only in the football itself, but the way the team was generally i.e the Lua Lua and Colunga shambles etc.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hard to argue with any of that.

Unless he can turn it round with an unbeaten December including at least 2 or 3 victories the revolving door edges closer for Sammi I think and TB's long term plan for stability through Nathan Jones' steady progression will surely also be a victim.
Sadly, can one reasonably see this happening? Eventually, the mood will turn even worse at the Amex, and probably if we fail to beat Millwall, the booing and slow hand clapping will increase hugely -rightly or wrongly. It does go against the grain to boo at home, but in the end that will hasten the departure of the manager, if that is what the majority want. And of the 20% of die-hards who wanted SH to stay at the last poll a few weeks ago, I see that it has now shifted by about 8% of them to the "out" campaign. Few chairmen, however much they might back the manager in public, will be immune to fan protests that become overwhelming. All those years ago, I recall Dick Knight giving McGhee the (reluctant) push, because it was Dk's perception that McGhee "had lost the fans."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
First time I've voted out.

Yesterday it really appeared that the team lacked any kind of structure and there was a distinct lack of communication imo. It looked like we had assembled 11 random players the day before, not a team who have largely been together since the beginning of the season. Not only in the football itself, but the way the team was generally i.e the Lua Lua and Colunga shambles etc.
It looked like the players were improvising at times yesterday which is alright up to a point, but when the team are up against it they need (as you said) structure. They ought to have clearly defined roles of what to do in a given situation, and at times they looked unsure of what to do.

Perhaps they need to go back to basics.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I really think a decent number two would have helped Sami. Not getting the fellow from his previous club, then Lee deciding against, has not helped imo.

Didn't help Poyet

GeorgeBTN

Sep 1, 2013
Out. No idea on how to take free kicks or corners! Isn't that an aspect of coaching? Bent might be an improvement but he needs someone in midfield who is creative.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Same post-match comments from Bent as we've had all season. "We played well enough to win." This says to me that we have good players who can play well. We just don't have the manager who can deliver the winning tactics.

Hyppia out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here