Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Love it and last Sunday night was beautiful, we have a decent lead tonight but who knows with these colts they seem to be great at come backs this year

I think this is asking too much for the colts, eagles relying on a Seattle defeat to have any chance next week! I laugh at eagles mis fortune but the fact we could make the playoffs on a losing record is laughable, but hey that's the playoff system, we'l take it!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think this is asking too much for the colts, eagles relying on a Seattle defeat to have any chance next week! I laugh at eagles mis fortune but the fact we could make the playoffs on a losing record is laughable, but hey that's the playoff system, we'l take it!

There is no real way it can be changed as well, you have to have a divisional winner

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Jacksonville Jaguars - DFP, WillyFantastic
Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh
Buffalo Bills - Herne Hill Seagull
Cincinatti Bengals - Lemming Stomper, Bladders
Washington Redskins - Hotchillidog
Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr, Eggman
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Cleveland Browns - Wattos Left Peg
Green Bay Packers - lola, Stat Brother, Juan Albion
Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12, Hawk the Seagull
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Tennessee Titans - The Tassie Seagull
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Oakland Raiders - M20gull
Miami Dolphins - Miami Seagull (just a hunch)
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears- The Viper
Denver Broncos -
Pittsburgh Steelers - spring hall convert
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay
New England Patriots - Halbpro
New Orleans Saints -
Atlanta Falcons - daves143
Kansas City Chiefs -

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears- The Viper
Denver Broncos -
New Orleans Saints -
Kansas City Chiefs -

Sorry Viper I think I was missed before - Dallas fan myself

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Unfortunately probably right but they did a good job tonight restricting Kansas to only field goals tonight.

Still miffed at that taunting call on William Gay!

The Chiefs were set up perfectly for the Steelers though, their receivers are average and Alex Smith offers no deep threat. AJ Green will resume normal service torching them next week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Viper...Eagles are my boys!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Honestly, away from home anyone but as it stands looks like at home and even possibly on a bye week - if so Panthers or Hawks

Ah yea just seen standings, a bye week is still very possible! Panthers!!? Lol am hoping we beat them next week and get in instead of them! If your 3rd then don't you play one of the wildcard teams at home, as we would for winning our division and been 4th seed? I think the teams we could face are either packers, Seahawks or eagles

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Ah yea just seen standings, a bye week is still very possible! Panthers!!? Lol am hoping we beat them next week and get in instead of them! If your 3rd then don't you play one of the wildcard teams at home, as we would for winning our division and been 4th seed? I think the teams we could face are either packers, Seahawks or eagles

Yes I think (if I remember correctly) 3&4 play wildcards and 1&2 play the winners of that game

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears- The Viper
Denver Broncos -
New Orleans Saints -
Kansas City Chiefs -

Add me in next to the Panthers. I can't believe their still in with a shout for the Playoffs this season, having earlier suffered a 6 game losing streak! I'm actually out in the States for the next 2 weeks, but unfortunately won't get a chance to go to any NFL games.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Add me in next to the Panthers. I can't believe their still in with a shout for the Playoffs this season, having earlier suffered a 6 game losing streak! I'm actually out in the States for the next 2 weeks, but unfortunately won't get a chance to go to any NFL games.

Tbh I'd written panthers off weeks ago but what a turnaround!! Will be some game next week, am nervous and excited already! Just hoping either sky(doubtful) Eurosport or channel 4 will show the game!!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Tbh I'd written panthers off weeks ago but what a turnaround!! Will be some game next week, am nervous and excited already! Just hoping either sky(doubtful) Eurosport or channel 4 will show the game!!
I would have thought it quite likely for that game to be moved to Sunday night and therefore on Channel 4. If not I could see Sky choosing to show it.

I was impressed by the Falcons today; Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will always give them a chance.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I would have thought it quite likely for that game to be moved to Sunday night and therefore on Channel 4. If not I could see Sky choosing to show it.

I was impressed by the Falcons today; Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will always give them a chance.

Sky were heavily promoting the packers v lions game next week which is why I think they may show that instead of us, but yea you could be right, I hope someone does, will be better than watching it on a stream on my laptop!

Ryan and jones are both getting better and better, we badly missed jones last week! White, freeman and Douglas are having better ends to the season too, I think with home advantage we should just have enough to see off the panthers next week.... I hope!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten the Packers v Lions. I still think the Falcons are likely to be on TV though.

I'd fancy you to beat Carolina as well, especially if you can play like you did today and put Newton under pressure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The most expensive tickets for the Packers showdown, on the ticket exchange are:-

$2335.13 each.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The C4 game will be Bengals @ Steelers which means it'll be a late night for me.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2014/REG17

Given that the 3 4.25 games don't really have much in them is there any chance one of the 1 pm games could be moved? Not sure how it works.

Otherwise Sky need to choose between

Panthers @ Falcons
Lions @ Packers
Chargers @ Chiefs

for the early game and then show one of

Cardinals @ Niners
Rams @ Seahawks

for the later game.

It being the last night of the regular season, there is no Monday night football.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ahem!

We moved off of the bottom of the AFC South after beating the Titans 21-13. Bortles played with a sprained foot, got sacked 4 times (60 for the season, a franchise record) but still led us to victory. Sen'Derrick Marks activated a contract clause, he registered his 8th sack of the season to earn a cool $600,000 bonus. He gave it the Manziel $$$$ celebration. We appear to have something that represents a decent defence, if we could just get some protection for Bortles we could be ok.

Took the family along to this game (a daddy-detour from the Orlando theme parks). It was pure theatre at The EverBank Field - the world's larges big screens at either end help. Jim Fuyrk and Harris English smacking balls from high up in the stands at the centre spot at h/t. Fun tailgate party before.

You can watch the game from an Infnity pool in their '1901 Club' - missed a trick there Barber...

SDC12586 (1024x768).jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos @ Bengals tonight. Will be interesting to see how long Manning stays in the game. I would like to see us get a lead and then struggle to get TDs because I have Conor Barth in my fantasy team and need him to score 11 points tonight to win my work league.

Jul 7, 2003
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears- The Viper
Denver Broncos -
New Orleans Saints -
Kansas City Chiefs -

You've missed me off again as a Broncos fan (since the mid 80's - not a JCL!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here