Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Issues??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Public awareness is why Syria hasn't been struck already. Just by having the correct views you have the potential to make a difference.

Support the Syrian people, not the Islamist terrorists - don't let our country bomb them.
I think that is the problem - exactly who are "them", and what are the "correct" views?

If we assume that bombing isn't going to prevent or stop gas attacks on the civilian population (regardless of who actually launched the last attack), what will?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have Pringles and drinks, great price wont get them cheaper anywhere else!!! First come first served..... ROLL UP ......... ROLL UP......... GET YOUR DRINKS & PRINGLES HERE........BINFEST ON ITS WAY!!!! ROLL UP!!!!!

Dec 29, 2011
I have Pringles and drinks, great price wont get them cheaper anywhere else!!! First come first served..... ROLL UP ......... ROLL UP......... GET YOUR DRINKS & PRINGLES HERE........BINFEST ON ITS WAY!!!! ROLL UP!!!!!

:lol: Nothing more welcome than a binfest on a cold, rainy monday evening. I'll take a packet of Pringles please Sir.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think that is the problem - exactly who are "them", and what are the "correct" views?

If we assume that bombing isn't going to prevent or stop gas attacks on the civilian population (regardless of who actually launched the last attack), what will?

It is not the gospel truth that Assad used gas on his people, and why would he? He is not fighting them.

Why isn't the west encouraging the rebels to stop, I am sure that would help, but all we have done is support them.

This isn't the way to free elections look what has happened in Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood taking power, which is not who the people wanted and has proved to be the case.

War is not the answer and nor is encouraging the rebels to fight.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Because very few Syrians want to be bombed. In fact I haven't heard a single vox pop of a Syrian supporting it, but countless against. Even Assad's moderate opposition is joining the human shield movement.

So when did they change their minds because the US, UK, France, NATO and the UN have been lobbied by the Syrian people for 2 years to intervene. as we seem to like grabbing snippets of information out of context and posting them on here:

"Abdel Basset al-Sarout...former goalie of the Syrian national youth squad....led a packed Homs street in a soul-stirring chant: "The people... want... military intervention!""

It goes on to say that 64% of those polled wanted airstrikes...so when did their view change?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-bonsey/syrian-revolution_b_1536025.html

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That is one of the funniest things I've seen for some time. Excellent effort.

Take a bow Cullip, brilliant, the last one about Palarse was hilarious, this is on the same level. Superb stuff

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd love to know how all the people saying that the Syrian people want us to intervene have come to this conclusion? I see a lot of religious militants on one side and a government on the other, I hear lots from them but I havn't really heard anything from the actual people. I appreciate it's maybe not the safest country at this point in time but there's a distinct lack of media on the ground it seems to me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The latest from the BBC

Russia has asked Syria to put its chemical weapons stockpiles under international control and then have them destroyed, in an attempt to avoid US military strikes.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the offer was made during talks with his Syrian counterpart, Walid Muallem.

Mr Muallem said he welcomed the initiative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here