Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Who's Our Next Manager?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Senior with son possibly helping out?

Apparently Redknapp has threatened to walk and also he is now joint second favourite at 4-1 with BetVictor...I think this may have some legs

I have thought and said for ages now that eventually Harry would buy AFCB and make Jamie manager but that boat seems to have floated by with their wealthy owners now in place.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
One of my sons came up with a sensible solution as I see it as either manager or even possibly player manager for 1 season Thierry Henry: played a the highest level under some good managers and would have a great connection with Arsene Wenger for loan players. He suggested as his assistant Emmanuel Petite but not sure what he is doing and how they get on as friends, but must be worth a thought

Now we know where the Transfer Rumours come from.

:ffsparr:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Now we know where the Transfer Rumours come from.

:ffsparr:

Disappointed that BG hasn't picked up on the latest rumour on there

Local journo source quoting the Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom is meeting with Roberto DiMatteo and asked for permission to talk to Eddie Howe from Bournemouth.

Eddie Howe is apparently the number 1 target.

Bournemouth fans think he'd never come to us as they will have the biggest spending budget in the Championship next year. :lol:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
One of my sons came up with a sensible solution as I see it as either manager or even possibly player manager for 1 season Thierry Henry: played a the highest level under some good managers and would have a great connection with Arsene Wenger for loan players. He suggested as his assistant Emmanuel Petite but not sure what he is doing and how they get on as friends, but must be worth a thought

OMG

lets pick names from the football hall of fame.

Lets have Beckham as player coach, Pele as Director of football as they know each other from world cup bids and Maradonna as the cleaner

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Local journo source quoting the Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom is meeting with Roberto DiMatteo and asked for permission to talk to Eddie Howe from Bournemouth.

Bournemouth fans think he'd never come to us as they will have the biggest spending budget in the Championship next year. :lol:

I guarantee 95% of all Brighton rumours on that site come from someone on NSC. It can't be just a coincidence that we see the rumours or 'inside info' here, and then 5 days later they're out on that website.
As for the Bournemouth budget.. Really..! ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Eddie Howe is apparently the number 1 target

That shows how much you actually read and note the contents of this board before slating people. I mentioned that fact as the latest rumour on that site on the thread titled football rumours.

I still cannot understand why the suggestion of Thierry Henry is seen as so ridiculous, any more so than many other names suggested on this site. Obviously unlike previous chairmen TB does not let his views and opinions be known but there are still many on here who like to think that they are ' in the know' when in fact nobody has any idea whatsoever what is happening internally, hence the speculation of possibles.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
That shows how much you actually read and note the contents of this board before slating people. I mentioned that fact as the latest rumour on that site on the thread titled football rumours.

I still cannot understand why the suggestion of Thierry Henry is seen as so ridiculous, any more so than many other names suggested on this site. Obviously unlike previous chairmen TB does not let his views and opinions be known but there are still many on here who like to think that they are ' in the know' when in fact nobody has any idea whatsoever what is happening internally, hence the speculation of possibles.

The one thing I certainly cannot imagine is TB appointing anyone, no matter who, on a short contract.

He and his board will be looking to appoint a manager on a contract with a view to taking the club forward.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I haven't slated anybody?

and you can't keep threating legal action against those who post rumours instead of you if you're not going to be at the cutting edge of posting new rumours as they appear . :moo:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Further research does seem to indicate that it looks like Swansea have got in first and he is going to be the replacement for Laudrup. He does not look as though he has actually joined Swansea yet.

I thought Danish football was the most tactically advanced and went for the best I could find realistically on the forties age group. I think Laudrup will leave and it is just a question of when.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
please enlighten me why is it so ridiculous a suggestion a young inexperienced manager with a great football reputation and contacts with everything to look forward to and prove. Does that ring a couple of bells?

:facepalm:

For 3 years before being appointed Brighton manager Poyet had been learning and gaining experience at Swindon, Leeds and Tottenham. It was this that brought him to the attention of Tony Bloom and his name had also been previously linked to other positions as he was gaining a good reputation.

Thierry Henry is a football player for the New York Red Bulls.

Hope that covers it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
please enlighten me why is it so ridiculous a suggestion a young inexperienced manager with a great football reputation and contacts with everything to look forward to and prove. Does that ring a couple of bells?

Of course. However, we are now looking for a manager to improve on last seasons position and take us up to the top with a multi-million pound squad. Not to come in to fix a ramshackle (apologies) team who look like they're on the way out of League 1.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I go back to MULLERY playing for Fulham having been a top player, he did quite well. Martinez when he packed up playing. On your basis you wouldnt consider either of the Nevilles or Scholes if their name was mentioned

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

How can that be? Gus is only suspended. He would have a good cause for unfair dismissal. You do not start interviewing people for a job that is not available. Gus would have cause to say he did not have a fair hearing as the club have prejudged the outcome. The club can do nothing until they sack him

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I go back to MULLERY playing for Fulham having been a top player, he did quite well. Martinez when he packed up playing. On your basis you wouldnt consider either of the Nevilles or Scholes if their name was mentioned

Where have you heard then that Henry wants to quit football to become a manager then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here