So Who's Our Next Manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think Dougie Freedman would do an excellent job, bright, young, British and very focussed.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
I think we're all going to be surprised by who Tony has in store. I can't imagine Curbishley, Hughes, Warnock etc. getting a look-in.

Thomas Schaaf would be an excellent candidate - has just left Bremen after many successful years.

I agree. His selection of Poyet at the time shows Bloom to be far removed from chairmen whose vision is stuck on the stock round the block managers.

For the reasons that people seem to want Di Matteo we might as well get flaming Avram Grant.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I agree. His selection of Poyet at the time shows Bloom to be far removed from chairmen whose vision is stuck on the stock round the block managers.

For the reasons that people seem to want Di Matteo we might as well get flaming Avram Grant.

i'd rather have Avram than Sven or Steve Maclaren

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Part III ? :)

BHAFC Micky Adams.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Personally, I would like to see Eddie Howe. Has done exceptionally well at Bournemouth (twice) and also did reasonably well at Burnley. He wanted to go back South for family reasons, so he would still be able to live close to his family. Would he walk out on Bournemouth again???? To go to Burnley suggests that he is ambitious.

i think he would be ideal.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Personally, I would like to see Eddie Howe. Has done exceptionally well at Bournemouth (twice) and also did reasonably well at Burnley. He wanted to go back South for family reasons, so he would still be able to live close to his family. Would he walk out on Bournemouth again???? To go to Burnley suggests that he is ambitious.

i think he would be ideal.

This. I really like Eddie Howe. A decent bloke to. Would be in it for the long haul aswell

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
surprised anyone is mentioning Martin O'Neill as he tried his hardest to bankrupt Aston Villa then threw a hissy fit and walked away (sound familiar?) when the owner refused to stump up more cash.

The idea of an established manager with experience of this division coupled with someone like Calde or Wayne Bridge for continuity has a lot of appeal so Curbishley, Di Matteo, or even Colin would suit me as either would give us a likely tilt at the top 6 again next year.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
RDM / Gary Neville or Ole Gunnar Solksjaer please

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Martin O'Neill

Wouldn't be a flair option, but I think the shrewd Mr Bloom might go for a more proven, safer option.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I have a feeling we'll end up with O'Neill or someone of his ilk.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have no sauce and I'm also a little drunk now, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's O'Neill....

I personally want more flair (Bielsa?!), but I can't shake this nagging feeling that it'll be O'Neill!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports