So Who's Our Next Manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Disappointed that BG hasn't picked up on the latest rumour on there

Local journo source quoting the Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom is meeting with Roberto DiMatteo and asked for permission to talk to Eddie Howe from Bournemouth.

Eddie Howe is apparently the number 1 target.

Bournemouth fans think he'd never come to us as they will have the biggest spending budget in the Championship next year. :lol:

How can that be? Gus is only suspended. He would have a good cause for unfair dismissal. You do not start interviewing people for a job that is not available. Gus would have cause to say he did not have a fair hearing as the club have prejudged the outcome. The club can do nothing until they sack him

You do realise it's all bullshit on that site don't you, and that I posted it for it's comedy value only?

Oct 25, 2003
please enlighten me why is it so ridiculous a suggestion a young inexperienced manager with a great football reputation and contacts with everything to look forward to and prove. Does that ring a couple of bells?

poyet had already served his 'apprenticeship' by serving as a coach for a few years before deciding to make the step up

henry is still playing, and is the highest paid player in MLS....to suggest him as a viable candidate for a managerial role NOW is slightly pushing the boundaries of reality

maybe a few years down the line, but now? please...

Oct 25, 2003
I go back to MULLERY playing for Fulham having been a top player, he did quite well. Martinez when he packed up playing. On your basis you wouldnt consider either of the Nevilles or Scholes if their name was mentioned

i wouldn't consider scholes but i believe both of the nevilles have done their coaching qualifications (forgive me if wrong) and i doubt henry has...still not sure i'd be overly happy with them anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know that he does want to become a manager just assuming that it is an avenue that her may wish to follow. He signed for NY Red Bulls in 2010 so probably near the end of his contract, 35 years old so unlikely to get another one unless of course they are 12 months contracts that are renewed. It was just a suggestion which I consider less unlikely than Louis Enrique' Just to add to the previous post Phil Neville has been recommended for the Everton job by Moyes although he has no experience. Henry culd engage a qualified coach and gain his badges very quickly and easily if he doesnt have them I would think.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I dont know that he does want to become a manager just assuming that it is an avenue that her may wish to follow. He signed for NY Red Bulls in 2010 so probably near the end of his contract, 35 years old so unlikely to get another one unless of course they are 12 months contracts that are renewed. It was just a suggestion which I consider less unlikely than Louis Enrique

What's New York got that Brighton hasn't got? We're the first to normally have a go at a player for prefering say Stockport to Brighton, so in all seriousness, why would you want to leave one of the world's great cities to come to B&HA?

Oct 25, 2003
I dont know that he does want to become a manager just assuming that it is an avenue that her may wish to follow. He signed for NY Red Bulls in 2010 so probably near the end of his contract, 35 years old so unlikely to get another one unless of course they are 12 months contracts that are renewed. It was just a suggestion which I consider less unlikely than Louis Enrique

-Luis Enrique is an out of work MANAGER
-Thierry Henry is an in-work PLAYER

please explain to me which one is more likely to happen...considering this is for a managerial role NOW

as for Henry's current contract...he's one of the best players in the league, so will be fine getting a contract if he wants one

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My dog just barked when David Beckhams face came up on SSN.

Good shout I say, just retired plus he could get us loan players from Man Utd, Real Madrid and PSG with his contacts.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Do you or anybody know his contract situation and he has said many times he wants to be near his daughter

You really need to start using google to look for other pages on the internet than NSC and Football Rumours.

If you go to Google and type "Thierry Henry contract" this is the first article that appears:

The 35-year-old Red Bulls striker is entering the 19th year of his illustrious career and with two years remaining on his current deal, he hasn't considered calling it quits yet.

Entering his 19th season, Thierry Henry admits that he hasn't given much thought to whether or not he'll retire when his contract with the New York Red Bulls expires in 2015.

"You're going a bit too far. There's two more years, let's see what happens," Henry said.

In previous interviews, Henry has gone back and forth on his desire to one day become a head coach and there is speculation that he could replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal when the long-tenured manager decides to step away from the club.

But Henry says he is currently focused on the upcoming Red Bulls season and hasn't given much thought to anything outside of the remaining two years of his current deal. He also insisted that he hasn't inquired about a possible extension to his contract.

"No, right now, it's still two years so I'm good with that if they are good with that too," Henry stated. "I'm going to honor my contract and see what happens."

While it is common practice for players to receive extensions with two years remaining on their contracts, Henry's age (he turns 36 in August) is likely a factor as to why neither Henry or the Red Bulls are thinking long term. New York shook up its front office and coaching staff during the offseason as the club looks to build for the future.

"I spoke with Thierry Henry at some length before I even came here," new sporting director Andy Roxburgh told Goal.com "The first thing was about how he wanted the team to be professional, to have a good team and to see us going in the right direction. Those are the expectations at this moment."

Henry made his professional debut in August 1994 as a member of AS Monaco and has played for some of the world's elite clubs including Juventus, Arsenal and Barcelona. The legendary France striker has an impressive haul of 340 goals and 178 assists in 725 club appearances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mls seasons runs until december so at least until then...shall we just wait until december yeah?

That makes it easier. Sound him out for Christmas give Gus what he wants bring in the likes of Upson and Bridge and to get us in a good position by then, when another club will come in for him and then let him go collecting the compo as we go.

Just read the above post and it appears that he has signed a new contract so forget him but it is interesting to note that people are saying he has no experience so would be no good for us but in that piece he is being tipped to succeed Arsene Wenger at a top 4 club.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
I dont know when his contract expires in NY or his future intentions just offering a suggestion and then leaving it to the 'experts' who know everything to fill in the details

knew it wouldn't take long before you started getting arsey with everyone

you do this every time...post a ridiculous suggestion and then get the hump when people (quite rightly) question you on it

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That makes it easier. Sound him out for Christmas give Gus what he wants bring in the likes of Uson and Bridge and to get us in a good position by then, when another club will come in for him and then let him go collecting the compo as we go.
o

Sounds like a plan..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports