Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can i use a shoulder please.

Fair play to you coming on here.

Would be really surprised if he goes and would be more concerned about what it indicates about the owners....(.? lack of funds to realise his ambitions with the team....just a thought...?).

Sooner or later, we,ll have the same with Gus.....not looking forward to that day.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's seems he's in talks with Bolton, with a quick decision expected.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amazing what a few wins does. Palace were largely terrible last season and started this season badly too. Five or six wins later and he's suddenly the next big thing? Surely clubs aren't stupid enough to judge a manager on five or six games, after previous mediocrity.

Agreed. But in Boltons case, it would seem that a timely Manager of the Month award is pretty much all thats required these days to get someone else in the door. Would Freedman even be on their radar if Palace hadn't had a decent last 4-6 weeks or so ?

Madness.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Agreed. But in Boltons case, it would seem that a timely Manager of the Month award is pretty much all thats required these days to get someone else in the door. Would Freedman even be on their radar if Palace hadn't had a decent last 4-6 weeks or so ?

Madness.

I read that they were impressed with Palace's win at the Reebok, a bit like us with Ryan Harley and Liam Trotter.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Madness.

The Ultimate THIS!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest though I'm not sure Freedman will actually go to Bolton. Not really the best career move.

However, his deal at Palace is running out and Bolton have offered 3 years at no doubt higher pay. How happy is Dougie really with his relationship with CPFC2010? Must have come under a lot of strain with Parish's tweets publically undermining his manager.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing if this DOES happen. Especially as ZAHA will follow in Jan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I read that they were impressed with Palace's win at the Reebok, a bit like us with Ryan Harley and Liam Trotter.

Hardly a basis for a considered decision on offering him a job though is it, as your second point would bear out.

It's all a cheap motivational trick. An hour before they kick off at Barnsley tomorrow Freedman will announce that he is staying at Palace and the team will be so revved up by the news they will storm onto the Oakwell turf and smash their way to an away point.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't see Bolton Wanderers as progression for Dougie Freedman and the only incentive for the Scot must be MONEY.

When they were in the Premier League Bolton were like Wigan; defying the odds week in week out - a fantastic manager for most of the time in Sam Allardyce, who got the best out of his average team playing long-ball tactics. Roberto Martinez sets his team out well and they play good football. He's one of the best managers around and Liverpool should have appointed him. Bolton's luck ran out eventually and I can't see them returning to the top flight for a good five years (if they're lucky). Their fans are passionate, know the current realities and will give Freedman time but I can't see their chairman Phil Gartside doing the same.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a fairly clearcut situation financially - potentially out of contract at the end of the season vs a guaranteed 3 years money probably at an increased rate.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Another twist in the palace v Brighton banter stakes, recent form has given palace plenty to shout about and give it large after we had been doing the same during our good spell but this will shift the piss taking rights in our favour for another spell. Anything that unsettles and destabilises palace is a good thing but Bolton ffs!! Says a lot about our two clubs that Bolton would be roundly laughed at if they came sniffing around Gus but Palace give up Dougie with barely a whimper, marvellous stuff lets hope this signals a disastrous end to their temporary good form and leads to Zaha buggering off too and Palace sliding down the table.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Bolton want him, he is as good as gone. Freedman is Palace through and through. He must have played there for a dozen years. But Palace are skint, so Parrish wants the compensation money. Very similar to our situation with Coppell. Coppell wanted to stay, Knight wanted the money...Which manager worth his salt, would stay at a club where he knows the chairman is more interested in the compensation, he can get for you that the job you could do for his club???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4-1 on at the bookies, but it makes no sense to me. I can't see him going.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If Bolton want him, he is as good as gone. Freedman is Palace through and through. He must have played there for a dozen years. But Palace are skint, so Parrish wants the compensation money. Very similar to our situation with Coppell. Coppell wanted to stay, Knight wanted the money...Which manager worth his salt, would stay at a club where he knows the chairman is more interested in the compensation, he can get for you that the job you could do for his club???

PLUS possibly the promise of funds to take your best players with you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here