Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Bolton want him, he is as good as gone. Freedman is Palace through and through. He must have played there for a dozen years. But Palace are skint, so Parrish wants the compensation money. Very similar to our situation with Coppell. Coppell wanted to stay, Knight wanted the money...Which manager worth his salt, would stay at a club where he knows the chairman is more interested in the compensation, he can get for you that the job you could do for his club???

Could be that the CPFC2010 Gazillionaires are happy to let Doogie go knowing that he'll be sacked within 6 months. They get compensation for somebody whose contract runs out in 7 months anyway and after he gets fired they get him back for nothing.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
I think he won't go but you never know what happens at football clubs behind the scenes it just seems like if he does go that some of the stuff he has been spouting about our younger players staying and not chasing the dollar would make him look like a prick in most Palace fans eyes.
Typical of Palace to get something good going then balls it up I've seen it all over the years.
If he goes it could destabilise us for a while ,and answers will be sought from the owners but all this is just speculation and could be a good way of DF negotiating at better deal at Selhurst.
Too many overreacting on our boards .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think dougie will go sadly , nothing surprises me about palace but i must admit this has . Oh well in someone else we trust .

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
On BBS:

Originally Posted by Il Padrino
Mark ‏@AdvertiserSport
Advertiser Sport also understands that should Freedman agree terms, he will take Lennie Lawrence and Curtis Fleming with him.

H

Thats what palace should be worrying about.Without Lawrence Freedman is just another clueless dick.

I think he won't go but you never know what happens at football clubs behind the scenes it just seems like if he does go that some of the stuff he has been spouting about our younger players staying and not chasing the dollar would make him look like a prick in most Palace fans eyes.

Can't you ask Seaside ? - I thought he knew everything that goes on inside Palace.

Don't worry he'll stay and lead you on one of the worse runs of defeats in Palace's history and then you can all start slagging him off again.

Ps - less than 200 at Barnsley tomorrow IMO

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thats what palace should be worrying about.Without Lawrence Freedman is just another clueless dick.

Lennie Lawrence is defintely the brains in the managerial outfit. DF takes the credit when it all falls into place.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I know the likes of Coyle and Kean will be mentioned if he does leave, but I seriously think Karl Robinson would be a wise choice for CP - particularly given the impact his No.2 Ian Wright will have on the club

I know the likes of Coyle and Kean will be mentioned if he does leave, but I seriously think Karl Robinson would be a wise choice for CP - particularly given the impact his No.2 Ian Wright will have on the club

No ! I'd like to see Alan Mullery in there.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Isn't it ironic, don't you think?".....that our Palace friends went on and on about Gus supposedly verbally prostituting himself for other managerial jobs a while back and yet it's Dishy Douglas Freedman (@8Ace) who's now talking to another club.

:)

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Most likely outcome IMO.

When does his contract run out?

June I think.
Bizarre thing to say on Thursday if he does decide to leave. We could all understand if it was any Premiership club but Bolton I live in the past Wanderers FFS.
At the moment at Palace it's his team really he signed most of the players in the squad or worked with the youngsters so if he does go it must be about the cash or maybe he and the owners have some issues.
What will be will be ..,..managers (legends) and players come and go but the fans remain ,spending their hard earned.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
"Isn't it ironic, don't you think?".....that our Palace friends went on and on about Gus supposedly verbally prostituting himself for other managerial jobs a while back and yet it's Dishy Douglas Freedman (@8Ace) who's now talking to another club.

:)

That's banter mate I honestly think the premiership will come calling for Poyet.When is anyone's guess......
You just know what's going to happen in football and it would be f-cking boring if we did.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
June I think.
Bizarre thing to say on Thursday if he does decide to leave. We could all understand if it was any Premiership club but Bolton I live in the past Wanderers FFS.
At the moment at Palace it's his team really he signed most of the players in the squad or worked with the youngsters so if he does go it must be about the cash or maybe he and the owners have some issues.
What will be will be ..,..managers (legends) and players come and go but the fans remain ,spending their hard earned.

Bolton maybe £100M in debt but they do have the parachute payments in place to mount a return to the Premier League. The overall playing budget at Bolton must be 3 or 4 times larger than it is at Palace and Dougie could be doing Palace a favour financially when he swoops for Zaha and Williams in January.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Wonder how much Palace would want in compo, £2 million at least as he is the next best up and coming young manager by all accounts.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Bolton maybe £100M in debt but they do have the parachute payments in place to mount a return to the Premier League. The overall playing budget at Bolton must be 3 or 4 times larger than it is at Palace and Dougie could be doing Palace a favour financially when he swoops for Zaha and Williams in January.

Yeah Bolton have more money than us with the parachute payments etc.Zaha will not end up there neither will Williams

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wonder how much Palace would want in compo, £2 million at least as he is the next best up and coming young manager by all accounts.

£2m in compo for a manager who's contract is up in seven months ?

I
Think
Not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here