Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton chasing Freedman

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah Bolton have more money than us with the parachute payments etc.Zaha will not end up there neither will Williams

It doesn't look good when a club approaches another for official permission to talk to the manager about an upcoming vacancy that needs filling which is refused but then a few hours later backtracks and announces permission has been given. For all we know a deal may have been put on the table involving Dougie , Winifred and Williams which CPFC2010 would be foolish not to take if it wipes out all the financial losses they have incurred since taking over.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
We are all getting way ahead of ourselves anyway. Likelyhood is he'll talk to Bolton, have a pie or two with Gartside, realise that he's probably got a bigger and tougher task there in terms of managing clubs' and fans' expectations and decide to stay at Palace.

Then he'll go on a run of seven consecutive defeats and get sacked.

But who knows...I just dread the day Gus leaves and the start of the 'I've just seen Mancini getting out of a helicopter in the middle of The Amex pitch' threads...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah Bolton have more money than us with the parachute payments etc....

really, with all your billionaire owners? i'd have thought they could easily out-pay Bolton if they wanted to keep Dougie, only talking about £1.5m 3yr deal i read. very low expectations methinks from the Parish and co, what with his acknowledgement the club hasnt got a large fanbase... :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's only 11 games into the season we were bottom after 3 games.Quick turn around at the club.
Can't say I'm too confident on Tuesdays game at Barnsley.

Yes, after three games some wanted him out.

Just shows how quickly things change.

Unless Bolton are going to double his money, and offer him a 3 year deal, I really can't see him going.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's only 11 games into the season we were bottom after 3 games.Quick turn around at the club.
Can't say I'm too confident on Tuesdays game at Barnsley.

Why are you on a Brighton board? If my manager was talking to another club tonight, the last place I would want to be, is on a rival's messageboard.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They won't have to pay that much compensation if he's only got a few months left on his contract will they?
He's only got 7 months left on his contract at palace, any compo will be minimal.

My mistake. I assumed his renegotiation was to do with his latest spell of good form making CPFC2010 want to tie him up longer, like when we lengthened Gus's contract. Obviously I was wrong.

"Isn't it ironic, don't you think?".....that our Palace friends went on and on about Gus supposedly verbally prostituting himself for other managerial jobs a while back and yet it's Dishy Douglas Freedman (@8Ace) who's now talking to another club.

:)

You mean, such as:
Automatic Promotion - Page 3
Laughable, Our future looks much more Brighter than yours, Fantastic Manager whos in it for the long term (Unlike yours), Second to none Academy (Unlike yours), New Badge to mark an exciting new era, and a New Stadium/revamped Selhurst on the Horizon.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Might be nothing but my brother in law works at the South London Press - apparently Freedman is p****ed off with the chairman as he won't offer more than a 2 year contract extension and add to that he knows there will be a fire sale in Jan to support the clubs spiraling debts and hopeless financial position. He doesn't really want to leave, but feels his position is untenable.

Apparently they want to replace him on the cheap (for obvious reasons) and the front runner is none other than their ex player and former Coventry boss Andy Thorn.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Apparently they want to replace him on the cheap (for obvious reasons) and the front runner is none other than their ex player and former Coventry boss Andy Thorn.

Oooh I hope so, that bloke's defeatism is on an epic scale.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Why are you on a Brighton board? If my manager was talking to another club tonight, the last place I would want to be, is on a rival's messageboard.

Not been on for a while.Im looking at all 3 boards(Bbs HOL)
Bored of the ranting on the Palace boards,if or when he goes I will make my judgement.
Seen it all before at Palace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Palace's stock is currently as high as it is going to get for this season. This division is there for the taking and Freedman must fancy being able to take that Bolton side up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might be nothing but my brother in law works at the South London Press - apparently Freedman is p****ed off with the chairman as he won't offer more than a 2 year contract extension and add to that he knows there will be a fire sale in Jan to support the clubs spiraling debts and hopeless financial position. He doesn't really want to leave, but feels his position is untenable.

That is quite a bleak outlook. Whilst it would indeed be funny if Andy Thorn took over and took Palace down, I find myself feeling quite sorry for them if the finances at Palace really are that bad, and their season totally crumbles as a result :mad:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is quite a bleak outlook. Whilst it would indeed be funny if Andy Thorn took over and took Palace down, I find myself feeling quite sorry for them if the finances at Palace really are that bad, and their season totally crumbles as a result :mad:

You reep what you sow. Serves them right 100%.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Mick McCarthy I've heard is lined up, but until Dougie decides to go, it will be non stop rumours.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
New name in the frame....
Sir Steve !!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stevie Coppell would be perfect for them...also our best palace song will make sense again.

:thumbsup:

Everyone's a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here