Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't a "blip"

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
We have been found out well and truly.

Every team in The Championship knows exactly how to beat us. It couldn't be simpler (if executed correctly).

So.... its now over to Gus to show his managerial mettle. I think we need some SERIOUS changes now. Certain favourites need to become "droppable" rather than immune from it - Greer, El Abd and Barnes are the first three that spring to mind.

It also an absolute absurdity that JFC is on loan when we seriously lack creativity in midfield. We need Vicente back desperately. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him to dig in or f*** off.

Vicente is taking the piss out of this football club.

Gus gets most things right and will continue to do so. I have faith in him that things will improve, but he is beginning to make some truly baffling decisions.

Plan A isn't working.

Now its over to you, Gus...

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Vicente is trying hard to become fit, I was talking to him after todays game and he really did want to get back to playing asap.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have been found out well and truly.

Every team in The Championship knows exactly how to beat us. It couldn't be simpler (if executed correctly).

To a large extent we can all see this, but today is absolutely not an example of what you are saying. We had SIXTEEN shots at goal (to their FOUR).

It's a nonsense to suggest that the set up of the team, or the tactics employed were to blame for that defeat.

We lost because we missed all those chances. Nothing else.

To suggest that the opposition 'knew how to beat us' when they allowed us 16 efforts at goal, makes no sense (unless you think their plan was "nick a deflected goal, then let Brighton have sixteen shots, and keep our fingers crossed that they miss them all")

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Didn't say that. They've both been below par in the last few games, and need to have to play for their place like everyone else, not being guaranteed starters week after week after week. Dunk deserves a chance.

Still lowest number of goals conceded in the Championship which would suggest the problem lies elsewhere. In the last 4 games we have only scored once and TBH that was a lucky goal against Ipswich. We started today with a complete lack of creativity in midfield, and created very little all game.
At the moment if the opposition score then it is odds on we will lose.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To a large extent we can all see this
I can't. Just a lot of shit on NSC.

but today is absolutely not an example of what you are saying. We had SIXTEEN shots at goal (to their FOUR).

It's a nonsense to suggest that the set up of the team, or the tactics employed were to blame for that defeat.

We lost because we missed all those chances. Nothing else.

To suggest that the opposition 'knew how to beat us' when they allowed us 16 efforts at goal, makes no sense (unless you think their plan was "nick a deflected goal, then let Brighton have sixteen shots, and keep our fingers crossed that they miss them all")
Well exactly, and may I say, well put.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Its not the defence where the issue is its upfront and has been for 2 seasons and until it is sorted we will not score enough goals to make us promotion candidates

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We desperately need a striker alongside CMS who can hold the ball up, do a job at set pieces, win free kicks and link play effectively.

THAT'S why people still bang on about Glenn Murray.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We desperately need a striker alongside CMS who can hold the ball up, do a job at set pieces, win free kicks and link play effectively.

Certainly some truth in that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also with 2 quality full backs I now see no point in us starting Barnes on the wing. Play him up top with CMS in a 442 or not at all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

And why they are absolutely right in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here