Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
November's a decent month for me.

Which marathon are you doing Herr T?

Cool. Might be some seasonal stouts out then as well.

New York. I forgot about this, which will wipe out October drinking from my diary. It's Sunday Nov 2nd.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had a taste of the Bristol Brewery double IPA (8.5%) yesterday, now I wasn't particuarly fond of the last keg they had on in the Star (far too bitter) but this new batch appears to be balanced perfectly.

I am planning on getting stuck into some more this evening.

Any more for our proposed pub crawl?

I would welcome some analysis on craft beer.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Looks like the rumoured site for Brewdog Brighton, The Blind Tiger has been squatted.

In other news - Burning Sky Arise - wow. Best session beer I've had in along time. I'm salivating thinking about it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So how about the 15th November then? England play at 17:00 that day so there is no Albion game.

We could watch the first half in the Albert and the second half in Brighton Beer Dispensary (those are the only 2 on the list that will be showing the football IIRC.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stone Brewing Co have just announced they are to build a 25 million dollar craft brewery, bar and restaurant in Berlin. Should be open end of next year/early 2016.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So how about the 15th November then? England play at 17:00 that day so there is no Albion game.

We could watch the first half in the Albert and the second half in Brighton Beer Dispensary (those are the only 2 on the list that will be showing the football IIRC.)

This will work for me although not overly fussed about the football.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm up for this.

Drinking good beer and talking cobblers is my strong point. :cheers::bla:

Personally, I'd much rather do this after an Albion game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In truth, not am I. We'll see what the group consensus is.

I'm happy to go with the consensus as well. And if there is a vote to watch the game I promise not to start pointing out England's short comings and blathering on about Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know Questions would be up for November but as he is banned for 3 months on here for calling Noël Edmonds a ...t
He can't reply ... :thumbsup:

Can you tell him the date please?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm afraid that after a busy day of melting in the sun I have discovered the delights of ice cold White wine, I'll be back in 3 months too.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm afraid that after a busy day of melting in the sun I have discovered the delights of ice cold White wine, I'll be back in 3 months too.

You'll be having olives next.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here