Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Roberts...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is blindingly obvious that we need a striker who has played at the top level. If we had one of those maybe we wouldn't have such a poor record of not winning games where we've gone behind. There is no substitute for having been there and done it. How many teams have we battered with goal bound shots this year? None of our strikers has a good enough goals to shots ratio imo. Please sign a greedy opportunist striker in the summer Gus.

Last edited:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Seems like obvious fishing after last nights performance (literally) by Jason Roberts but I'll respond anyway.

f*** off and take your love for that twat with you :)

How many teams have we battered with goal bound shots this year?

On many occasions it's us NOT having enough/any goal bound shots that seems to have been the problem - eg (and without thinking too hard):

Millwall (a) - 2 (including a saved penalty)
Watford (a) - 0
Notts Forest (a) - 1
Burnley (a) - 1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On many occasions it's us NOT having enough/any goal bound shots that seems to have been the problem - eg (and without thinking too hard):

Millwall (a) - 2 (including a saved penalty)
Watford (a) - 0
Notts Forest (a) - 1
Burnley (a) - 1

That was the point I was really trying to make I guess!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is the crucial element. Second half roberts was decent on the ball TBH. When up front on his own the ball came into him, he controlled it first time then spun the defender greer, which wasnt difficult all night, and then presented reading with a 3 on 2. Quality forward play. CMS is a million miles away from this god bless him.

Wonder how much better a player roberts would be if he concentrated on his play instead of moaning about every decision that didn't go his way...hmm reminds me about someone else

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You can't criticize an opposition striker for annoying the home fans! Firstly he was continually manhandled, fouled and wound up by the magnificent El Abd but still enjoyed himself, had a laugh and caused trouble. First class.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You can't criticize an opposition striker for annoying the home fans! Firstly he was continually manhandled, fouled and wound up by the magnificent El Abd but still enjoyed himself, had a laugh and caused trouble. First class.

and lucky to not b yellow carded at least....gd entertainment though..o and sorry must add..muffed badly his only chance of the night

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Roberts puts himself about, is niggly & gets right under the skin of defenders. That's his job. Add on his pace & ability to score a few goals. Have to admit, I wouldn't be upset to see him in a Brighton shirt.

For whatever reasons, up front is where we have been found wanting this season. I can't help but feel, had we 'had a Roberts' up front last night, we would have got something from that game. We murdered them in midfield but lacked the quality upfront to finish them off.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
We offered him a two year deal and an ambassadorial role at the club when finished playing. He turned us down and went to Reading. Unfortunate for us as i think we would be better off with Roberts then our current forward options.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Jason Roberts played as a lone striker most of the time, he's an intelligent guy and knew exactly what he was doing getting both Greer and El Abd booked. Caused us problems all evening. El Abd will be an even better player after this experience, he handled him well. As for signing Roberts? Would rather have one of their subs last night, Benik Afobe on loan currently from Arsenal.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Jason Roberts MBE of the 'Jason Roberts Foundation'. 'Working for sporting opportunities for children and young people in the UK and Grenada'. An intelligent footballer who works for his team as well.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes Roberts looked good last night in the lone striker role but if they go up that forward line is not going to trouble most of the PL. Roberts is at the right level now can't see him worrying to many PL defenders.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
His finishing wasn't up to much last night but I still thought he gave our defenders enough to worry about for a competent second striker (as opposed to the anonymous Noel Hunt) to have capitalised on. He was annoying, but I'd still have him.

That said, he's always been one of those who's very good at this level but not quite up to it in the Premier League (see also Rob Hulse, Rob Earnshaw etc), so they'll probably find themselves badly in need of another striker for next season.

Similarly: how bad was Kebe last night? All season, I've seen him on TV, scoring and beating defenders for fun. I didn't even realise he was playing until the 43rd minute.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hes was a bellend last night for some reason, but he would be the ideal foil for CMS exactly what we need, scores goals and would get CMS Scoring without a doubt.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
We tried to get him and Kevin Phillips, with either of these two added to the squad, we would be in at least Wet Spams position or maybe even Readings. Roberts played up last night and won his team a few free kicks, but was not allowed to play his normal game because of the excellent AeA.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hope we never, ever have a player like him.

Notters old chap. We did. He was called Nicky Forster and he was a gobby diving wind up the opposuition type player too.

Who also knew where the goal was!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
haven't read any of this thread but the answer is yes unless the question is would you let him bum you in which case the answer is .......nah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here