Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Roberts...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Reading came with a basic plan, and two old war horses in Harte and Roberts who could discharge it. Roughing Buckley up early doors took him completely out of the game. He didn’t like the physical stuff at all, even ducked an aerial challenge that led (ultimately) to their goal.

Thought Roberts and El-Abd tussle was a joy to watch throughout, and if you noticed they were smiling, shaking hands and embracing at the end. Lot of diving, conning, moaning, etc from lots of players on both sides (IMHO) as the ref was clearly slow and unsure in his decision making. All added to the spice of that game for me.

Their keeper earnt his corn last night, and we should have won. If we'd had a finisher (Jason Roberts or Kevin Phillips mould) we would have. Saying that, if we'd landed a player like that up front this season we'd be in clover anyway.

CMS lack of first touch to hold the ball, or composure when on goal, means Vicente has to do too much himself, pretty much the provider and finisher.

That is a great and insightful summary.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Reading came with a basic plan, and two old war horses in Harte and Roberts who could discharge it. Roughing Buckley up early doors took him completely out of the game. He didn’t like the physical stuff at all, even ducked an aerial challenge that led (ultimately) to their goal.

Thought Roberts and El-Abd tussle was a joy to watch throughout, and if you noticed they were smiling, shaking hands and embracing at the end. Lot of diving, conning, moaning, etc from lots of players on both sides (IMHO) as the ref was clearly slow and unsure in his decision making. All added to the spice of that game for me.

Their keeper earnt his corn last night, and we should have won. If we'd had a finisher (Jason Roberts or Kevin Phillips mould) we would have. Saying that, if we'd landed a player like that up front this season we'd be in clover anyway.

CMS lack of first touch to hold the ball, or composure when on goal, means Vicente has to do too much himself, pretty much the provider and finisher.

are you on the right forum mate........far too sensible....:thumbsup:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Like many I found Roberts really annoying last night but having calmed down and reflected on the game I have to concede that he 'did a job on us'. Reading needed something out of last nights game and he set out to put himself about in any way he could. I agree that we lack that sort of combative edge that he provides - all except for his constant heckling of the Ref - not just occasionally but throughout the game, as if he is something special. A stronger Ref would have told him to back off. I used to think that Robbie Savage acted like an overbearing c**k on 606 at times but Roberts seems to have taken over that mantle and seeing him in action confirms my view.

I was very disappointed with Reading - they didn't take us apart as the form book may have suggested and seemed content to commit so many professional fouls. The first 15 minutes from the Albion were as good as any start this season and with more clinical finishing could have been out of sight. Talking to some Royals fans after the game they quickly admitted they had dodged a bullet last night. However they did exactly what we did at D&R - survive a battering and nick the points which is automatic promotion form. Will be interesting to see how they deal with Southampton next.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is a wanker.

I haven't got the stats to hand but since he joined Reading they've hardly dropped a point when he's been playing,

I hope we have a wanker EXACTLY like him next season :thumbsup:

pea

Dec 28, 2011
North Laine
I haven't got the stats to hand but since he joined Reading they've hardly dropped a point when he's been playing,

I hope we have a wanker EXACTLY like him next season :thumbsup:

We've got 44 points out of a possible 48 I think and he has 5 goals and about 8 assists in that time

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He had nice things to say about us on his twitter

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Complete twat but would love to have him in our side, AEA is probably loathed by most other fans but we love him, would be the same if we signed Roberts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here