Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Shirts on grown men

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've always worn a shirt to home games, and always will, and quite frankly couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks I look like in it.

Overweight 46 year-old

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As much as i love Brighton, I would still never wear a football shirt. Just think Footy shirts are for kids. When i see fully grown adults in 1 it makes me cringe. Sorry if i have offended anyone, only my opinion

But you pay good money to watch "fully grown adults" in footy shirts!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as i love Brighton, I would still never wear a football shirt.
Fair enough.
When i see fully grown adults in 1 it makes me cringe. Sorry if i have offended anyone, only my opinion
What, at a game? It would look great if we had a stadium full of stripes

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looking at all the grown men in the attached thread myself included...

all those grumpy old gits who dont like replica shirts can do one........

Spurs / Amex opening pictures and videos thread - Page 4

Each to their own, but if I went to a watch a western at the cinema I wouldn't wear a cowboy hat and poncho. If I went to watch tennis at Wimbledon, I wouldn't wear white. If I went to watch boxing I'd wear a top. If I was performing neighbourhood watch i wouldn't wear a policeman's. My son wore his replica shirt on Saturday but he's three, so likes dressing up.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Each to their own, but if I went to a watch a western at the cinema I wouldn't wear a cowboy hat and poncho. If I went to watch tennis at Wimbledon, I wouldn't wear white. If I went to watch boxing I'd wear a top. If I was performing neighbourhood watch i wouldn't wear a policeman's. My son wore his replica shirt on Saturday but he's three, so likes dressing up.

Equally if you went to watch a Western, you probably wouldn't cheer when the good guy wins, or go back to watch the same Western a week later, or spend a hundrend pounds on going to watch the same Western up north somewhere, or sing songs to try and encourage it along, or be on a messageboard dedicated to said Western at 2pm on a Monday afternoon. So not a great analogy in my opinion!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I once got punched at an away game, and the policeman who arrested the bloke said that BECAUSE I was wearing a shirt, he could basically write off any idea that I was a hooligan looking for a bit of trouble myself, as the bloke who hit me claimed. Conversely, he might never have hit me if I wasn't wearing it. Who knows.

The big spoons in Cardiff had a sign on the door "No Burberry or Stone Island" when I last went there (Wicks scored for us 1-1), football shirts were fine.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
As much as i love Brighton, I would still never wear a football shirt. Just think Footy shirts are for kids. When i see fully grown adults in 1 it makes me cringe. Sorry if i have offended anyone, only my opinion

This, although I must say I DO make exceptions on occasions like playoff finals

Feb 2, 2007
Japan

Good call LOL

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
never understood it myself (wearing a replica top) - not as if you are playing.

many wear replica shirts and dont get behind the team - the other way around is much better, and a stand looks alot better (for me) without many colours but loads of noise.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Plenty of people do go to Wimbledon wearing some sort of tennis related atire, whether Wimbledon merchandise, or tennis gear (Dunlop Green plimsoles always seem quite popular). Lots of people go to Blues Brothers film showings, dressed in the requisite black suit, white shirt, black glasses white socks etc. Likewise many Rocky Horror Show regulars dress accordingly. If you go to watch a gig, many peope in the crowd are wearing a t-shirt depicting the act on the stage.

Personally, I don't wear a replica shirt to the Amex.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As long as you wear colours I don't really care.. it's the the wankers in their every day garb that sit around talking shit and not watching the game that get on my tits.. or Tottenham fans I believe they were called on Saturday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
never understood it myself (wearing a replica top) - not as if you are playing.
a stand looks alot better (for me) without many colours but loads of noise.
That doesn't make sense - wearing replica shirts reduces the number of colours in a stand, to the colours of your team.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
f*** me, you must have cringed yourself half to death on Saturday then, and you'll be struggling next week too. I understand people having an opinion on this, I understand people not wanting to wear replica shirts for any number of reasons, but why would anyone feel uncomfortable about it, or 'cringe' about it?

funny-but true.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Im not saying that adults should not wear them. I know the revenue that the shirts bring in makes a lot of money. I just wouldn't wear 1

Better on than off

newcastle-fans.jpg

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Well I wore a shirt on Saturday, and I'll wear another one this Saturday.

I agree completely that a whole stand of blue & white will look brilliant - but of course that doesn't need to be replica shirts...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
, and a stand looks alot better (for me) without many colours but loads of noise.

eh??????????? looks a lot better with loads of noise???? Quality Gibberish:)

and who wants to inflict a sight like this on the poor children.....

newcasfan0108pa_784726c.jpg

personally I prefer a shirt

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
manchester city have just commissioned their own tartan (??), perhaps we should too, then we couald all wear Albion kilts too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here