Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Shirts on grown men

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
As much as i love Brighton, I would still never wear a football shirt. Just think Footy shirts are for kids. When i see fully grown adults in 1 it makes me cringe. Sorry if i have offended anyone, only my opinion

god it must be so hard for you to go to a Brighton Game. Bless.

I hope all Brighton fans fall in to line with your opinion and match day can be a bit less cringeworthy. Poor love.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As much as i love Brighton, I would still never wear a football shirt. Just think Footy shirts are for kids. When i see fully grown adults in 1 it makes me cringe. Sorry if i have offended anyone, only my opinion
Totally agree although a polo shirt would be ideal for middle aged men. :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
if you want to wear colours then do so, if you don't then don't

for me, to judge another on such a small matter as going to the football and what you wear, makes you a WANKER

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
god it must be so hard for you to go to a Brighton Game. Bless.

I hope all Brighton fans fall in to line with your opinion and match day can be a bit less cringeworthy. Poor love.

Each to their own, i dont have a problem with anyone wearing a shirt. Think the look works on kids but adults?? Not really for me. Im not trying to start a campaign here, just giving an opinion. Poor Love

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Each to their own, but if I went to a watch a western at the cinema I wouldn't wear a cowboy hat and poncho. If I went to watch tennis at Wimbledon, I wouldn't wear white. If I went to watch boxing I'd wear a top. If I was performing neighbourhood watch i wouldn't wear a policeman's. My son wore his replica shirt on Saturday but he's three, so likes dressing up.

I went to see Starsky and Hutch in the cinema and wore a 'Starsky' jumper that I had had since the seventies. Did it for a laugh more than anything else.
But this is horses for course . Recently went to the Sonisphere festival . 90% of the people there wore a t shirt supporting their favourite band. It's pretty much the norm in metal and punk. I don't generally wear an Albion shirt to games. Did Saturday , and I like the fact that I can . Might do it more often.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a football match, not a bloody catwalk. Sometimes I wear my Albion retro shirt to games, sometimes I don't. The missus has bought me this seasons shirt (which I think is easily the best since the early Skint days), so yes, I'm afraid there is a severe DANGER that I might turn up in that on Saturday. If it makes anyone cringe then frankly they can go suck the BIG one.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Its a football match, not a bloody catwalk. Sometimes I wear my Albion retro shirt to games, sometimes I don't. The missus has bought me this seasons shirt (which I think is easily the best since the early Skint days), so yes, I'm afraid there is a severe DANGER that I might turn up in that on Saturday. If it makes anyone cringe then frankly they can go suck the BIG one.

Oh Easy, you can't wear a NEW shirt THIS Saturday or you'll look like a RIGHT JCL.

:jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it depends on what you class as grown men. I personally have never worn one since I was about 35 and I think they look ridiculous on men of 50+ especially if like me on the large size but then again they don't make many in 4xl size. In fact it is difficult to buy any shirts in 4xl size.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
manchester city have just commissioned their own tartan (??), perhaps we should too, then we couald all wear Albion kilts too.

blue_table_cloth_rackcard-p2450509760333149532l5cl_400.jpg

something like this?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Looking at all the grown men in the attached thread myself included...

all those grumpy old gits who dont like replica shirts can do one........

Spurs / Amex opening pictures and videos thread - Page 4

Well almost 65 but don't yet consider myself to be a grumpy old m(f)an, others may disagree, so perhaps within your less than specific criteria, I am a grown man.

I don't consider your general rudeness does you any service, because whereas I may be happy to wear a replica shirt to games (only), I certainly don't wish to look ridiculous and that is a point of view shared by many, so I don't think you should label individuals as grumpy old gits just because they fail to wear replica kit, How old are you ?

Instead of being gratuitously offensive, why don't you start a poll on who should wear replica !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here