Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Shirts on grown men

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally Posted by Superphil
manchester city have just commissioned their own tartan (??), perhaps we should too, then we couald all wear Albion kilts too.

something like this?

That pattern is gingham not tartan but surely you cannot be serious ?

Brighton fans wearing the kilt - what sort of reaction do you think that would engender from 'rivals' (to give them the benefit of the doubt ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We already have a bar for dicks

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I'm 50 in a couple of weeks so I think I'll have JCL and the number 50 put on the back of my new replica shirt. It gets put on on the train from Lewes and gets taken back off on the train to Lewes. ps. Still waiting for the fat belly to arrive!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm 50 in a couple of weeks so I think I'll have JCL and the number 50 put on the back of my new replica shirt. It gets put on on the train from Lewes and gets taken back off on the train to Lewes. ps. Still waiting for the fat belly to arrive!

So do you go to the game or just go up and down on the train putting on/taking off shirts?

:jester:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Well almost 65 but don't yet consider myself to be a grumpy old m(f)an, others may disagree, so perhaps within your less than specific criteria, I am a grown man.

I don't consider your general rudeness does you any service, because whereas I may be happy to wear a replica shirt to games (only), I certainly don't wish to look ridiculous and that is a point of view shared by many, so I don't think you should label individuals as grumpy old gits just because they fail to wear replica kit, How old are you ?

Instead of being gratuitously offensive, why don't you start a poll on who should wear replica !

What the hell is rude or gratuitously offensive about a statement?

Did I pick on you ? or did you take offence because you are a victor meldew?

For your info I am 50..I have a belly and I am proud to wear the kit..

So in a polite way.....please do one you grumpy git.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm too Grumpy to wear the shirt.

i would like to add that actually i am not,as my replies on wilkos Blue & White shirt days thread prove-

this was a spectacular failed joke-but i can be grumpy.

Not fit to wear the shirt......taxi

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
What the hell is rude or gratuitously offensive about a statement?

Did I pick on you ? or did you take offence because you are a victor meldew?

For your info I am 50..I have a belly and I am proud to wear the kit..

So in a polite way.....please do one you grumpy git.

you really are a sad b------ as proven by your thoughts some time ago about STFC

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Why do you change shirts on the train? Just curious like.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Don't have a problem with shirts but grown men in shirt / shorts/socks of their chosen team is just wrong !
But not as wrong as any male over 30 with an earring.......if your not a pirate then you look like a twat.

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Don't have a problem with shirts but grown men in shirt / shorts/socks of their chosen team is just wrong !
But not as wrong as any male over 30 with an earring.......if your not a pirate then you look like a twat.

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Wearing shirts is gay, my stand is better than your stand..........................jesus NSC at its finest

Roll on saturday when we can all get back to talking about football

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it depends on what you class as grown men. I personally have never worn one since I was about 35 and I think they look ridiculous on men of 50+ especially if like me on the large size but then again they don't make many in 4xl size. In fact it is difficult to buy any shirts in 4xl size.

The shirts go up to 5XL. There are loads in the superstore.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Older men wearing replica shirts looks stupid, I am 62 and I will never where my replca shirt........When I am older...... But please dress me in one when I am in me coffin.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because I agree that apart from at the game, a replica shirt on an adult looks a bit sad. Especially when the old barnet is going a bit salt n pepper!

I am 3 years older than you. Wear my shirt as well. I know all about barnet problems

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In 35 years of watching the Albion,... over 70 grounds, I have never once worn a replica shirt,.... I have worn a few Skint T-shirts that I thought were a cooler option,... but no, replica shirts for under 20's is about right, over that and its starting to look a little odd in my view,... but hey, I have seen plenty of 40 something balding fat geezers in replica shirts stretched over their bellys who look very cool,... ... I havn't really of course .....:mad::mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here