Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PA System

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Lancashire Hussars sing "You can tell them all that they know f*** all in Sussex By The Sea". As, indeed, did my former father in law.

[yt]wJDgJDQ90NE[/yt]

I think that's the first time I've ever heard a non-Sussex version of SBTS! I didn't actually realise that it was used anywhere else or in any other form, I'd just assumed that it was too specific.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Why was there no sounds in the concourse area? Is that a deliberate thing or just not been sorted yet?

I prefer without. It's a place to have a chat and a drink etc. If you want to know what's going on outside - er - go outside. I know that you can't take your beer, but that's just tough IMHO. Could show what's going on on the screens though - so you can at least see if there's something exciting happening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer without. It's a place to have a chat and a drink etc. If you want to know what's going on outside - er - go outside. I know that you can't take your beer, but that's just tough IMHO. Could show what's going on on the screens though - so you can at least see if there's something exciting happening.

It is about opinions I think it should be at an audible level that you can listen or talk whichever you wish to do.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I had no idea the second half had started yesterday due to lack of PA. I agree it doesn't need to be really loud but enough to know what's going on.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
The mics also cut out for the blessing from the Centre Circle, so no it had nothing to do with where I was standing or whether I moved around or not. We swapped mics, batteries, levels & everything. We did a test this morning and earlier this week and all was fine. It might have been amusing for some, but it ruined the day for me - after 14 years, I was so looking forward to it. These things happen, but I wish they didn't!

Paul, I think you did a marvellous job. You must of thought about throwing the mic across the pitch at one stage. I was in my seat at 1.45 ready for the start of the programme which got off to a good start with the band marching out right on time. Their sound was lost in the vastness of the stadium though. The players were due out at 2pm for their warm up. What happened was Albion goalies came out first at about 2.05, followed by the Spurs goalies at about 2.10 then the rest of the Albion squad at about 2.15 and finally the rest of the Spurs squad at about 2.25. This obviously put pressure on the organisers. Paul Rogers was like a headless chicken, sweaty and furrowed brow. The compere was running back and forth like a headless chicken as was his lady assistant. Where was FBS's "Right Here Right Now"? Was it on the schedule and had to be cancelled because of the continuing shambles? Yes it did come across as very amatuerish but you did not, you were most professional and deserve credit for sticking at it. Lesser men would of walked off. The "Opening Celebration" team left a lot to be desired and the players seemed to be far to casual approach to the proceedings. However, the football that followed was, for a friendly fixture, very exciting in parts and tactical in others. We looked rapier like in the last third but we passed the ball about just a bit too much in defence which put pressure on ourselves. On this showing I think we can look forward to lots of goals and exciting football at the Amex. That in itself should, with time, fade the memories of the dreaded mic problems you had. Keep your chin up mate - think positive, you know Gus would expect it from you.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought that was one of the best points as even with his lead the fans tried to speed it up but he kept it going at the correct pace. I agree about the amplification for the band.I don't think that words from DK or TB was needed and did I sense a little hostility between the two as everybody shook hands with each other but I didn't notice them shake each others hands, perhaps I just missed it.

You missed it and also missed them having a very close chat when it was announced they would be leading the team out. Dick seemed to be saying to tb that it was all his and indeed tb led the team out on his own. It was on the big screens though so hope others saw it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Regarding Mr Burn's comments about PS, I may be confused, but wasn't Mr Burns one of those who left withdean when Paul said the team wouldn't be out for a lap of honour, and so was quite upset with him when he found out they did come out after all and thus has a bit of a grudge? (Just to add some context to his vitriol)
Yes, yes I was. I was one of those who listened to him, and left early. I was also one of those who has a video taken of the greatest moment in years, ruined by someone squeaking hysterically "please get of the pitch" every 10 seconds or about 5 minutes, when quite clearly no one who entered was taking a blind bit of notice of him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the whole WSU concourse PA debate; a friend of mine was with us on Saturday, and he's an Arsenal season ticket holder (we were celebrating my stag do) and they had problems with people not knowing the 2nd half had kicked off at the Emirates, and they quickly introduced a bell like they have in theatres to inform everyone 5 mins before the match resumes.

Might be worth considering at the Amex, as I was totalyl unware that the match had resumed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ooh look - I've got a cake and pressies :)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Paul, I thought you did a marvellous job, if anything the technical problems added to the emotions as the Greats were lead out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here