Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PA System

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but that lyric that makes no sense. Why would you come to Sussex and tell people that? We already know that. Surely it should be 'go from' as in you leave Sussex and tell the wider world "that we'll stand or fall"
My apologies

Sussex By The Sea

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Meh, nothing to apologise for. :thumbsup:

All in all I suppose it's rather a small point in the day, but I just feel that the one piece of music most associated with our club and our fans should not have been taken over and dominated by someone with no emotional link to it whatsoever.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry, but that lyric that makes no sense. Why would you come to Sussex and tell people that? We already know that. Surely it should be 'go from' as in you leave Sussex and tell the wider world "that we'll stand or fall"

Well the framed lyrics that I have on the wall don't support your argument. Have you googled it yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just feel that the one piece of music most associated with our club and our fans should not have been taken over and dominated by someone with no emotional link to it whatsoever.
On an occassion like that, which deserves a good chunk of the original song, you need someone singing it for the crowd, otherwise you just get the corus at break neck speed, with the band miles behind before the next vers can start.

Personally I was happy with the opera, and love DK and TB as I do, I didn't need to hear from them, I've heard loads from them already.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought the opera singer was excellent on 'Sussex By The Sea' as a one-off. And the climax of Nessun Dorma was magnificent.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just to draw everyone's attention to this:

PA on the WSU concourse......

Insider has said the PA system is a work in progress (the acoustics will change with a full stadium, so though they work on it through the week it's difficult to get it right for match days when preparing in an empty stadium) and would appreciate PMs providing feedback to it.

Regarding Mr Burn's comments about PS, I may be confused, but wasn't Mr Burns one of those who left withdean when Paul said the team wouldn't be out for a lap of honour, and so was quite upset with him when he found out they did come out after all and thus has a bit of a grudge? (Just to add some context to his vitriol)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought the opera singer was great, I enjoyed his SBTS and the Nessun Dorma was spine tingling. There really are some curmudgeons on this board.

I really felt for Paul, we saw him afterwards and he was pretty upset. It's a shame he was let down by the equipment I hope this is resolved by next week.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The PA was tested during the week and worked fine, there were a few issues which we hope to solve for next week. One is the position of the receivers, which should be elsewhere - not going to go into fine details. Another is an empty stadium is different to a full one (mobile and wifi signals from 17,000 people) make it more difficult for the signal to travel. Also, Richie and the soloist were affected by the same problem, it was just Paul seemed to get the brunt of it, possibly due to the position he was stood.

It's not the first time it has happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMf1x3ldvg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I thought the opera singer was great, I enjoyed his SBTS and the Nessun Dorma was spine tingling. There really are some curmudgeons on this board.

I really felt for Paul, we saw him afterwards and he was pretty upset. It's a shame he was let down by the equipment I hope this is resolved by next week.

thought the opera singer was generally excellent - good interaction - although would've prefered him not to have altered the key for our anthem. minor point tho.

felt sorry for paul s, but it did seem everyone else coped with the equipment well. shame it happened tho.

and, the club are listening re PA tweeks, so all is good. personally, not sure i want PA in the concourse - nice to have space where you can chat with mates.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
The PA was tested during the week and worked fine, there were a few issues which we hope to solve for next week. One is the position of the receivers, which should be elsewhere - not going to go into fine details. Another is an empty stadium is different to a full one (mobile and wifi signals from 17,000 people) make it more difficult for the signal to travel. Also, Richie and the soloist were affected by the same problem, it was just Paul seemed to get the brunt of it, possibly due to the position he was stood.

It's not the first time it has happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMf1x3ldvg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Why not have a wired mike? Like the old days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Paul Samrah shouldn't be allowed any near a microphone. Leave it to people that know what they are doing.

Amazing how the mic never cut of when Richie Reynolds was using it, or that singer bloke didn't seem to have too many issues singing into it.

Paul Samrah + Microphone = Embarrasment

Andy Naylor was absolutely right about you.

You are a stellar moron.

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
Trial and Error!! These things happen in ramp up events, It will all be ironed out in time. I thought Richard Reynolds and Paul Samrah were great. I wonder if Bob booker and Richard Reynalds swapped notes on NK-S!!! :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here