Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
rain and sleet in Crap Town this morning , expected to turn to snow later on this afternoon. The forecast here is snow today , tomorrow and Saturday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Met office has it as dry from 9pm tonight through to saturday. -2° tomorrow evening though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Flippin eck, now Longleat is showing as a light dusting and no more whilst it's all building up for down here. Grrrr.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Indeed it does - you need to click on 'friday' - that's where it says it's heavy - sorry; thought I'd put link straight to friday
Nope it says Friday in fact heres a C&P Max. Day
(°C°F)

2°C 36°F Sunrise 07:58
Min. Fri Night
(°C°F)

-4°C 25°F Sunset 15:55
Friday
Generally dry and sunny, although a few snow showers are possible. Feeling bitterly cold in a strong northerly wind.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Indeed it does - you need to click on 'friday' - that's where it says it's heavy - sorry; thought I'd put link straight to friday

I think he means click on "24 hours" to show the snow shower at 9am on Friday.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So, bbc reckon 6pm tonight and all the others are showing some time between then and sunday?
Excellent!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Met Office have upgraded the Warning for Saturday

Heavy Snow 0300 Sat 18 to 2100 Sat 18

A band of heavy snow will move northeastwards across England and Wales during Saturday. 5-10 cm of snow is expected widely, with the possibility of 20-25 cm accumulating in places, particularly across parts of the Midlands, Wales, and southern England.

This could cause widespread disruption to travel networks and sporting events.

This warning will be updated by midday Friday 17 December.

Issued at: 1140 Thu 16 Dec

This afternoon's message of doom from the guy at the Met Office who updates the local authorities in the south east:-

Good afternoon,

Before I launch into my message of doom for the weekend, I will just remind you of the Flash Warning for widespread ice which comes into operation later this afternoon (1700) and runs right through the night until Friday morning (1100). Potentially some very tricky conditions this evening as the cold weather settles in for a few days. (see Met Office: London South East England: severe weather warnings)

You may also have picked up the fact that earlier today we issued an Early Warning for heavy snow on Saturday for Wales and the southern half of England. The detail of this is still uncertain but current indications are that spells of heavy snow can be expected from the early hours of Saturday morning right through into Saturday evening. The movement of any area of snow is likely to be from the southwest towards the northeast so Hants can expect to see the first of it in those early hours of Saturday and then it moves north and east to all other areas during Saturday morning. As per the early warning, we expect to see 5-10cm of snow accumulating during the day. Some places could see as much as 25cm but at this stage it is not possible to pinpoint any specific areas at risk of the higher totals. The only point of detail worth pointing out is that near to the south coast, amounts may be smaller due to the fact that the wind is coming off the relatively warmer Channel. We will hopefully be able to elaborate more tomorrow.

With people starting to travel for the Christmas break and Christmas shoppers and party-goers, this has the potential to be a very disruptive spell of weather and it is quite possible that when we update the Early Warning tomorrow (Friday) there will be some areas coloured red on our website indicating some extreme conditions.

The snow looks like easing off on Sunday although there is still the potential for a few snow showers.

As usual, call me if you have any specific concerns.

Regards

Graeme

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This afternoon's message of doom from the guy at the Met Office who updates the local authorities in the south east:-

Good afternoon,

Before I launch into my message of doom for the weekend, I will just remind you of the Flash Warning for widespread ice which comes into operation later this afternoon (1700) and runs right through the night until Friday morning (1100). Potentially some very tricky conditions this evening as the cold weather settles in for a few days. (see Met Office: London South East England: severe weather warnings)

You may also have picked up the fact that earlier today we issued an Early Warning for heavy snow on Saturday for Wales and the southern half of England. The detail of this is still uncertain but current indications are that spells of heavy snow can be expected from the early hours of Saturday morning right through into Saturday evening. The movement of any area of snow is likely to be from the southwest towards the northeast so Hants can expect to see the first of it in those early hours of Saturday and then it moves north and east to all other areas during Saturday morning. As per the early warning, we expect to see 5-10cm of snow accumulating during the day. Some places could see as much as 25cm but at this stage it is not possible to pinpoint any specific areas at risk of the higher totals. The only point of detail worth pointing out is that near to the south coast, amounts may be smaller due to the fact that the wind is coming off the relatively warmer Channel. We will hopefully be able to elaborate more tomorrow.

With people starting to travel for the Christmas break and Christmas shoppers and party-goers, this has the potential to be a very disruptive spell of weather and it is quite possible that when we update the Early Warning tomorrow (Friday) there will be some areas coloured red on our website indicating some extreme conditions.

The snow looks like easing off on Sunday although there is still the potential for a few snow showers.

As usual, call me if you have any specific concerns.

Regards

Graeme

Excellent / Terrible depending upon your viewpoint.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Thing is on met office as at 3.00pm thursday its got -2deg all afternoon and evening for brighton and a few yrs back we lost the friday b4 xmas game due to frost against gillingham, theyre doesnt have to be any snow for game to still be called off, not looking good ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here