Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Flag 2

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 615

I know where I last saw it. Since I shall be sitting in the North Stand for the Fulham game, I shall check whether it has gone from where I last saw it.
Very odd ...

I looked. I found the Travis Perkins builder's bag that it had been stored in. But the bag was empty. The flag has gone.

But who would take the flag without the bag?

As I say ... very odd.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very odd ...

I looked. I found the Travis Perkins builder's bag that it had been stored in. But the bag was empty. The flag has gone.

But who would take the flag without the bag?

As I say ... very odd.

Very bizarre, the conclusion must be MIA

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If the bag is still there, then it does sound hopeful that the flag is still around. Maybe some enquiries should be made of the club and others.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So some robbing bastard has nicked the flag. It might be a bit dificult to hide don't you think?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Spoke to Richard Hebberd last night, he seems to think the builders are the ones that threw out the flag.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yup. I think, having spoken to Richard Hebberd on Friday, that the conclusion is the flag is gone. He was sure it is not in any of the buildings or containers he uses, and the bag was there, empty.

I think that before we go for a new flag then we must get the clubs assurance that they will secure it. As at many other clubs, the ballboys must run it out before games, and be responsible for packing it away (perhaps with some supervision from us). Otherwise I fear the same thing will happen. I don't know why the cub were so reluctant to get involved with the old one, but if they are approached properly, they should respond positively. I would be happy to do this liaison, unless anyone else is keen to.

(PS, not sure what my cunning plan was Roz?)

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's VITAL that the actual day-to-day mechanics of storing and transporting the flag are sorted out before we proceed. I'm sorry to break ranks and I appreciate that I'm going to come over as a mean and grumpy bastard, but I contributed to the original flag and occasionally helped in its transportation and display - and I'm not giving a penny to the new fund until these problems are resolved. Otherwise we're just throwing the money away when it could be MUCH better used.

No I'm not volunteering, but I'd like to nominate that bloke who started a thread saying something like "Who is Robert Eaton, why have we got a flag for him and isn't it time we changed the name and moved on?"

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Completely understand Brovian...and agree to be honest....I have already volunteered storage space in our lockup - albeit Shoreham but at the moment that seems better than Withers...and am quite happy to extend this offer to any new flag...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
(PS, not sure what my cunning plan was Roz?)

To be honest, it was no more cunning a plan than to make further enquiries! And from what Richard says, it looks like we've seen the last of the original flag.

Can I also second what Brovian has said though. Only simply replacing the flag solves absolutely nothing if we find ourselves back where we were before - with nobody prepared to take overall responsibility for it and difficulty getting it stored safely. Such storage, to be honest, is better away from Withdean unless the flag can be locked away and not just left somewhere that means it is in the way of anyone else wanting to use the space!

It's a great idea in theory to have a flag but we didn't manage to look after the last one properly did we? So I'd hate all these contributions to be wasted. Again!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I still think the club need to be involved, if we can get them on our side, get them to arrange the ballboys to bring it out before games and flutter it about, and store it with other Albion kit, then it would get looked after.

There would then have to be a procedure for getting it out to take to away games, really shouldn't be a problem, so long as we always know who has it, and whoever that is knows where it comes from and where it goes to.

Richard and his staff are always at the ground, so access should never be a problem.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with Roz. It nearly got left behind in Cardiff because no-one was ensuring it got back to Brighton.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Andy and I made sure it got back form Cardiff, the problem was no-one else who were involved in getting it there helped afterwards. In future, if we have a new flag, whoever takes it has to agree to ownership till it gets returned.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I should think as Chief in Charge Uncle Spielberg should organise some sort of roster? Since its is the REMF flag - surely the "management" could help ensure we don't get in this dog-gone state again!! :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think it should be smaller so that it can be carried by less than 6 strong people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here