Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I just watched the replay of the game and the only clear instance I saw of a feigned head injury by a Fulham player was Vinicius near the end. That was called out by the Fulham commentators. All the others, there was contact on the head . And Antonee Robinson (who was particularly singled out for dog's abuse)'s leg was caught in a scissor movement by March (I think) . When he got back up, he slapped hands with March as he realised it was accidental.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nonsense. Of course I do, but we all have our own opinions and will disagree about things and the point of a forum is to share them isn’t it? You’re not considering my point of view about yesterday right now and that’s fine, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and enjoy a healthy debate.

I’ve disagreed with many posts on here over the years like we all do but until last night have never had a go at the poster personally for their opinion or post. But apparently, because I have a different opinion to quite a few yesterday, I’m fair game to be told to f*** off, called a gimp, clueless and thinking I’m better than other fans etc. My first post on this thread was not even that bad, just that I thought the criticism of the ref was wrong and RDZ had made a mistake.

I’m not even a controversial poster, I’m very dull and usually agree with the concensus on here!
This thread was pretty toxic pretty quickly, I think some posters should use the 24 hour rule if they are too frustrated to consider an alternate opinion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just watched the replay of the game and the only clear instance I saw of a feigned head injury by a Fulham player was Vinicius near the end. That was called out by the Fulham commentators. All the others, there was contact on the head . And Antonee Robinson (who was particularly singled out for dog's abuse)'s leg was caught in a scissor movement by March (I think) . When he got back up, he slapped hands with March as he realised it was accidental.
Obviously not true because they al ran straight back on and got stuck in. A head injury consists of needing blood flow to be stopped or a concussion check. Not getting your hair brushed by Lewis Dunk's hand. I suspect most of the "treatment" was tactical instructions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just seen these quotes from RDZ posted on facebook, presumably from a post match interview.

“If (PGMOL) want to come to me to have a meeting and if you want me to lose two hours of my time, of my work, you have to have a different attitude on the pitch. If you want to improve football, they have to be with another attitude, only this."
“And I don’t want to speak about a particular situation, it was a penalty or other things. I am speaking only of attitude. One time I lost time with the meeting and it will never happen again. I am not in England just to be fooled around by the meetings.”
“I think the referees in the Premier League are not enough for this very important league.”
This worries me. If Roberto is angry enough to say this, then he could consider leaving England and the PL.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This worries me. If Roberto is angry enough to say this, then he could consider leaving England and the PL.
I think that what you are saying could be right. Someone recently told me they were considering giving up their ticket due to games like Villa and now Fulham. These kind of games are certainly making me think that if this trend continues, I will reconsider whether to renew next year. It only needs a few games like this and then a few where var gets it wrong and a whole season's work goes down the tubes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think he is a very emotional man, who speaks his mind clearly.
I don't think he will let any of this eat away at him.
He won't leave "the best league in the world" because of the likes of Darren England.

He is just speaking facts that we all know.
Pointedly after Howard Webb came to speak to him, he has effectively said "Don't waste my time again, do your job."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you see the cheating and time wasting you did from the get go? Probably not

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Just as an aside really, in the context of de Zerbi being sent off, Darren England sent off two Leeds non-playing staff just over a year ago for complaining about his performance and decision-making in a game that led to them making 17 complaints afterwards including that he "wasn't paying attention to play". And they even won that game.

It'd be interesting to see what our club match report to the league is.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are you a comedian on tour ...?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Did you notice the multiple mistakes he made when two players were contesting for the ball and giving the foul to the wrong team? Funnily enough every one of these decisions were given in favour of Fulham.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just as an aside really, in the context of de Zerbi being sent off, Darren England sent off two Leeds non-playing staff just over a year ago for complaining about his performance and decision-making in a game that led to them making 17 complaints afterwards including that he "wasn't paying attention to play". And they even won that game.

It'd be interesting to see what our club match report to the league is.
Yes, I'd forgotten that. It makes for interesting reading.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Given how we’ve been stuffed two weeks in a row by poor refereeing (alongside poor finishing) you can’t blame RDZ for losing it, I was surprised how much he played down the Crystal Palace VAR f*** up actually.

There were so many mistakes and hilarious decisions in this game, 6 minutes added on was farcical, the foul on Estupinan he allowed to go then when we got the ball in the box in a dangerous position he randomly blew and gave a foul to Fulham, utterly bizarre in comprehensible decisions.

Individual mistakes I can understand, consistently abysmal refereeing like we saw on Saturday I won’t excuse, I have refereed at a low level so I know how hard the job is, no excuse for the way he refereed that game, it was abysmal, he seemed to take great pleasure in trotting around the pitch holding the ball.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did you notice the multiple mistakes he made when two players were contesting for the ball and giving the foul to the wrong team? Funnily enough every one of these decisions were given in favour of Fulham.
Agree that they got almost every 50/50 decision in their favour... some remarkable ones. But sometimes it is/feels like that. Against Bournemouth it was the other way around - whoever the bloke was, he could practically have been mentioned in the Brighton lineup. Oddly no one here seemed to have a problem with it.
Maybe the eternal complaints about refs in every lost game is actually more about being a sore loser than about the actual performances from the refs.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agree that they got almost every 50/50 decision in their favour... some remarkable ones. But sometimes it is/feels like that. Against Bournemouth it was the other way around - whoever the bloke was, he could practically have been mentioned in the Brighton lineup. Oddly no one here seemed to have a problem with it.
Maybe the eternal complaints about refs in every lost game is actually more about being a sore loser than about the actual performances from the refs.
Bollocks, there were a couple of threads that week on the standard of refereeing in the bournemouth game, obviously people are going to be less angry and complain less when we eventually win the game.

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/abominable-refereeing.399034/page-8 plenty of posts in here about Pawson vs Bournemouth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bollocks, there were a couple of threads that week on the standard of refereeing in the bournemouth game, obviously people are going to be less angry and complain less when we eventually win the game.

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/abominable-refereeing.399034/page-8 plenty of posts in here about Pawson vs Bournemouth
Yep, Swansman has scored an own goal there :smile:

In fairness it is easier to just accept decisions if you have nothing invested in the result :wink:

One of the guys I go with, who seldom shouts anything, gave Pawson non swearing abuse as he left the pitch, he just looked up and smiled.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Only thing I’m more stunned by than that woeful officiating performance, playing into the hands of Fulham’s time-wasting and faking injury, is that some posters here seems to think he has nothing to do with the drab, stop start game. Unbelievable.
Yes 100%. Also Fulham players going down with a knock to the leg but then holding their heads because they knew the game would be stopped. The game had the opportunity to be a good match but petty officiating ruined it. It was obvious from about the 60th minute that we were going to be done by a sucker punch and I have no problem with that or the tactics of the Fulham players. It is down to the referee to clamp down on it and he didn't.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought one particular incident summed up the way Fulham were taking the piss, and the lack of authority the ref had....at the start of the second half the kick off had to be delayed because the Fulham players had the little cones out, doing short sprints, etc, while we had to hang around waiting. Bizarre. Given the ref gave De Zerbi a red card for some post-match comments, it's strange that he seemed happy to wait for the Fulham back-room staff to collect up the cones, all in their own time. I think any decent ref would have given them an earful (or, better, spotted what was going on as he emerged from the tunnel - he just didn't seem to have a clue what was going on around him).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought one particular incident summed up the way Fulham were taking the piss, and the lack of authority the ref had....at the start of the second half the kick off had to be delayed because the Fulham players had the little cones out, doing short sprints, etc, while we had to hang around waiting. Bizarre. Given the ref gave De Zerbi a red card for some post-match comments, it's strange that he seemed happy to wait for the Fulham back-room staff to collect up the cones, all in their own time. I think any decent ref would have given them an earful (or, better, spotted what was going on as he emerged from the tunnel - he just didn't seem to have a clue what was going on around him).
Our group commented on that too. A lot of gamesmanship going on.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I enjoyed it when Harrison Reed tried to kick the ball out of play so a teammate could be treated – and missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here