Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be fair, the co-commentator on my stream (Peacock - Tony someone) wondered 2-3 times during the game whether the players would/should be embarrassed when they look back at the replay which showed that nothing had happened to cause their 'injury'.
Good to see….just not often enough imho

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To be fair, the co-commentator on my stream (Peacock - Tony someone) wondered 2-3 times during the game whether the players would/should be embarrassed when they look back at the replay which showed that nothing had happened to cause their 'injury'.
I watched the same stream and you're right, he commented 2 or 3 times on this. It's Tony Gale, who played nearly 300 games for Fulham but still called it out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes he did - and he was talking about Caicedo, Mac Allister and March those times unfortunately.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes he did - and he was talking about Caicedo, Mac Allister and March those times unfortunately.
Wasn't my recollection - but we all hear different things I suppose. His comment about March was that he shouldn't have stopped running when he was caught, and that it was unusual for him to do so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wasn't my recollection - but we all hear different things I suppose. His comment about March was that he shouldn't have stopped running when he was caught, and that it was unusual for him to do so.
The guy was defo (quite justified) whining about Caicedo when he lost the ball, feigned injury and they got their first decent chance.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
He wasn’t impressed with Caicedo at all, that’s when he particularly complained about the fact players should feel embarassed.

I know apparently everyone thinks Fulham cheated etc, but my point is our players can be just as bad. Nearly every team in the PL is as bad as the other. Yesterday at different points - Caicedo, Veltman, Mac Allister, Mitoma and March all tried to con the referee.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
It seems not only was Farehamseagull not at the Amex, but he heard a different commentary to other people, such as Seagull58 and Bodian, as well.
No I wasn’t at the Amex as I can’t make 3pm Saturday games as I coach, referee and watch acadamy football on a Saturday which as you know, makes me a better and more knowledgable football fan. This also meant I had a better view than you and multiple replays from different angles to watch.

And actually, apparently it wasn’t just me who heard it but thanks for your, as ever, sanctimonious input.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The guy was defo (quite justified) whining about Caicedo when he lost the ball, feigned injury and they got their first decent chance.
Yes - remember that. He was critical in that the play continued and his team-mates were out of position because he was down. To be fair to Caicedo (and our physios) he wasn't actually treated for anything, and took no time out of the game.
He wasn’t impressed with Caicedo at all, that’s when he particularly complained about the fact players should feel embarassed.

I know apparently everyone thinks Fulham cheated etc, but my point is our players can be just as bad. Nearly every team in the PL is as bad as the other. Yesterday at different points - Caicedo, Veltman, Mac Allister, Mitoma and March all tried to con the referee.
March? When? - not when he got caught by the studs up challenge. (and you're a member of the fan club).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No I wasn’t at the Amex as I can’t make 3pm Saturday games as I coach, referee and watch acadamy football on a Saturday which as you know, makes me a better and more knowledgable football fan. This also meant I had a better view than you and multiple replays from different angles to watch.

And actually, apparently it wasn’t just me who heard it but thanks for your, as ever, sanctimonious input.
Some of the Fulham players were going down away from the actual play, so the cameras wouldn’t have caught them.
At the stadium, you can see the entire pitch. Several people are telling you you’re wrong but instead of saying it might be wrong, you resort to insulting me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Some of the Fulham players were going down away from the actual play, so the cameras wouldn’t have caught them.
At the stadium, you can see the entire pitch. Several people are telling you you’re wrong but instead of saying it might be wrong, you resort to insulting me.
Perfectly acceptable for you to insult me first though yes? Proving my point.

I’m clearly well aware of the different views available on screen and in stands. And the replays did show all of the incidents.

I’m not saying Fulham didn’t cheat at all or make the most of the head injuries. My points all along were that one, we were also at it and have no moral high ground. And two, the referee has to stop the game for head injuries. He didn’t make bad decisions yesterday. The fans and RDZ having a go at him in such a way is wrong to me.

As I said on the grassroots thread, all the while managers, players and fans behave like this, assaults on referees at all levels will continue and we’ll end up with no referees and therefore no football to watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perfectly acceptable for you to insult me first though yes? Proving my point.

I’m clearly well aware of the different views available on screen and in stands. And the replays did show all of the incidents.

I’m not saying Fulham didn’t cheat at all or make the most of the head injuries. My points all along were that one, we were also at it and have no moral high ground. And two, the referee has to stop the game for head injuries. He didn’t make bad decisions yesterday. The fans and RDZ having a go at him in such a way is wrong to me.

As I said on the grassroots thread, all the while managers, players and fans behave like this, assaults on referees at all levels will continue and we’ll end up with no referees and therefore no football to watch.
I haven’t insulted you.
I did multi quotes which didn’t add on, where others said you watched a different match to them, and then two others who heard a different commentary to you.

Nobody is advocating assaults on referees, but fans do expect a level of competence. We see it in international games, but in our domestic game it is getting worse, and more like jobs for the boys. Lee Mason going is a good start.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I haven’t insulted you.
I did multi quotes which didn’t add on, where others said you watched a different match to them, and then two others who heard a different commentary to you.

Nobody is advocating assaults on referees, but fans do expect a level of competence. We see it in international games, but in our domestic game it is getting worse, and more like jobs for the boys. Lee Mason going is a good start.
“I know you like to think you’re above other fans”

You got personal first. Having different opinions to some, does not make me think I’m above other fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
“I know you like to think you’re above other fans”

You got personal first. Having different opinions to some, does not make me think I’m above other fans.
Fair enough if you think that is insulting. You don’t ever consider any other point of view, which why I said that.

There is no way Solly March threw himself down, because I saw him go to the linesman after he got up, to show him the injury on his ankle, and ask why he didn’t alert the ref. It was in front of me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Fair enough if you think that is insulting. You don’t ever consider any other point of view, which why I said that.
Nonsense. Of course I do, but we all have our own opinions and will disagree about things and the point of a forum is to share them isn’t it? You’re not considering my point of view about yesterday right now and that’s fine, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and enjoy a healthy debate.

I’ve disagreed with many posts on here over the years like we all do but until last night have never had a go at the poster personally for their opinion or post. But apparently, because I have a different opinion to quite a few yesterday, I’m fair game to be told to f*** off, called a gimp, clueless and thinking I’m better than other fans etc. My first post on this thread was not even that bad, just that I thought the criticism of the ref was wrong and RDZ had made a mistake.

I’m not even a controversial or confrontational poster, I’m very dull and usually agree with the concensus on here!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nonsense. Of course I do, but we all have our own opinions and will disagree about things and the point of a forum is to share them isn’t it? You’re not considering my point of view about yesterday right now and that’s fine, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and enjoy a healthy debate.

I’ve disagreed with many posts on here over the years like we all do but until last night have never had a go at the poster personally for their opinion. But apparently, because I have a different opinion to quite a few yesterday, I’m fair game to be told to f*** off, called a gimp, clueless and thinking I’m better than other fans etc. My first post on this thread was not even that bad, just that I thought the criticism of the ref was wrong and RDZ had made a mistake.

I’m not even a controversial poster, I’m very dull and usually agree with the concensus on here!
I didn’t swear nor called you names. Take it up with the posters that did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here