Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri or burn at lwb vs toon

Who is starting left back against Newcastle?

• Burn

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Zeqiri

Votes: 156 68.7%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Burn.

Zeqiri is neither a defender or a winger. He has played all his football in switzerland, the majority of which was in the second division, as a striker. He did quite well last week in the second half as an attacking wing back against a very poor Southampton team.

Until I see more of him I think it's a huge gamble to play him from the start in a must not lose game. Burn knows the role and will do a solid enough job there. Importantly the players around him have a playing relationship with him.

When did BDB last play a solid game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Since when has BDB been a decent header of the ball or Ben White, for that matter. The only threat offensively is Dunk and if Dunk doesn't clear it at the back, the other two are usually found wanting. We desperately miss Webster's presence and teams know that if they nullify Dunk at set pieces, they have a good chance of scoring. I would never play BDB for any aerial prowess. He hasn't got any!

This

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm not a fan of Burn, but he was brilliant at Anfield. He even got an assist.

Even in that game he let Mo go walkies early doors

DH12

Jan 7, 2016
Southsea
Call me mad, but could Moder be useful as a WB? He seems a bit less awkward and gangly than Burn, and although I've seen limited gametime of him, he's more defensively minded than box-to-box/attacking? Bit of an athlete too.

Quite pleased with this shout now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here