Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri or burn at lwb vs toon

Who is starting left back against Newcastle?

• Burn

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Zeqiri

Votes: 156 68.7%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Oh blimey!
A combination of my phone's over keen spellchecker and me thinking there was a "u" in there somewhere:lol::lol::lol:
Apologies to zeqiri.

And there was me thinking you were poking fun at everyone else that struggles with the spelling :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I have watched the second half of the Southampton game a few times and followed Zeqiri. He had a good game and is obviously a forward more than a defender. He is not afraid to shoot and drives forward. If Burn is fit he should start and bring on Zeqiri later.

You are far more of a super-fan than I

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sounding me out for answering the question “who would you play at left back?” as a question about a left back, not a left wing back? I’m the one who’s wrong? You’re weird.

The poll was about LB - if you voted that way in the poll that is fine. But the text of the thread, to which you replied, was about LWB - but you posted about LB. So, you were wrong, I'm not weird, and if you can't understand that, you're ............. well, even though you insulted me, I'm not going to start calling you names.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think if you look at the highlights on the website, you will see Zequri was caught out a couple of times as he is not a natural defender. Burn for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Poor old Dan Burn gets such a beating from some here.

I voted for Zequiri to start. But only because he had a very impressive game last week and didn’t put a foot wrong.

Dan always give 100% for the shirt, I respect that. And he offers something different, going forwards as well. Don’t forget the attacking situations he gets into, eg, at Anfield, and last weekend where he had the touch and pass to set up Gross’s great chance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Burn.

Zeqiri is neither a defender or a winger. He has played all his football in switzerland, the majority of which was in the second division, as a striker. He did quite well last week in the second half as an attacking wing back against a very poor Southampton team.

Until I see more of him I think it's a huge gamble to play him from the start in a must not lose game. Burn knows the role and will do a solid enough job there. Importantly the players around him have a playing relationship with him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The stats say that Newcastle struggle defending headed chances in their box so given that and the fact we need to be solid at the back, it has to be Burn to start. Great to have Zeqiri as an option off the bench though.

Since when has BDB been a decent header of the ball or Ben White, for that matter. The only threat offensively is Dunk and if Dunk doesn't clear it at the back, the other two are usually found wanting. We desperately miss Webster's presence and teams know that if they nullify Dunk at set pieces, they have a good chance of scoring. I would never play BDB for any aerial prowess. He hasn't got any!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burn.

Zeqiri is neither a defender or a winger. He has played all his football in switzerland, the majority of which was in the second division, as a striker.

I don’t think that quite right. 38 appearances as a winger with 24 goals and 8 assists. Not sure about the level but you can see why Potter is comfortable with him on the flank.

8674132a3cf0272d8c24fbca978b02a8.png

You have a very good point about defender experience though. There is none.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Since when has BDB been a decent header of the ball or Ben White, for that matter.

He is a good threat offensively in the air with flick ons or headed assists back across the box.

His defensive heading is also pretty good but I get the fact that he is poor at shooting.

But Dunk and Webster are our only two aerial threats at set-pieces (although Welbeck and possibly Moder have potential to score).

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Don’t start AZ at LWB imo. Setting him up to getting battered. Bring him on as an impact for Burn / Alzate.

Alzate thrives v Newcastle so would like to see him tonight.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don’t think that quite right. 38 appearances as a winger with 24 goals and 8 assists. Not sure about the level but you can see why Potter is comfortable with him on the flank.

8674132a3cf0272d8c24fbca978b02a8.png

You have a very good point about defender experience though. There is none.

That's interesting, I was unaware of his positional versatility. I still wouldn't pay him over Burn for the other reasons I stated but it's good to know he's another player who can play several positions and it wasn't an entirely left field (excuse the pun) move form Potter.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Poor old Dan Burn gets such a beating from some here.

I voted for Zequiri to start. But only because he had a very impressive game last week and didn’t put a foot wrong.

Dan always give 100% for the shirt, I respect that. And he offers something different, going forwards as well. Don’t forget the attacking situations he gets into, eg, at Anfield, and last weekend where he had the touch and pass to set up Gross’s great chance.

But BDB is just as likely to lose you the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here