Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamoramania

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Next time you get the urge to post a thread like this. Just think back 12 months. Then think again. Then think some more. And if you still have the urge to post the thread. Ask yourself - when will I ever be happy?

Some people have short memories. We should be enjoying this golden period of football. Moments like this are few and far between supporting the Albion.

i think you are expecting too much of a football fan to be honest. Happiness and satisfaction is fleeting and is always on the cusp of melting back just out of reach.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I also noticed that when Hull had a corner, Zamora stayed up on the half way line, keeping two defenders tied up.

You're quite right Iggy - I watched both those players about to go up for the corner and then have to come back to the half way line to watch Bobby.
There was a moment or two of indecision while they decided what to do.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
So,
Where do I start.
Bobby looked pretty awesome when he came on.
We were brilliant in the first 55 minutes, then CH lost his bottle and we defended against a team we had battered all afternoon.

We battered them for the first half of the first half, looked a bit scrappy after that. Came out stronger in the second but again Hull looked threatening. Hughton's subs and tactics were bang on and made the end of the match much less nervy than it might have been.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very harsh original post. Glad everyone else has put him right. That could have been fair comment (although still a bit harsh) at Ipswich but yesterday Zamora contributed really well, especially a brilliant pass out to the wing for Murphy in the build up to Kayal's blocked shot late on. We looked all over the place with Baldock on his own up front (as he's not a lone striker) but Zamora kept the ball really well. Very impressed.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
[
Woefully off the pace again, but the team was, as I say, superb.[/QUOTE]

blimey your expectation his high . at Ipswich they cuddled him every minute wouldn't let him go ! it was like watching ballroom dancing the way they clung on to him

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It looked like he did the job he's paid to do! The switch could have come earlier at 67 min for me
Baldock was isolated once Hemed went off and we needed someone who could challenge in the air and hold and lay the ball off. Hull had masses of possession 2nd half but like us last
season had no end product!

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Listening on the player I can only echo what those of you at the game saw. I was getting pretty nervy when Baldock was on his own up front as Hull seemed to be building pressure and we couldn't keep the ball. Once BZ came on things calmed down massively and it sounded like we were much more in control of the game again. Did exactly what the manager put him on for and (unlike COG in similar situations) actually created opportunities for others instead of just holding the ball up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What a silly post from the O/P. If nothing else, he lifts the crowd - even when he takes his bib off, walks into the technical area, then goes and sits down again! He is a totally different player from the one that left all those years ago, but is a class act and exactly what we need to close games out. Even I can see that watching the game on the radio!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Having someone with experience in the squad to be a wise head in future pressure situations will prove useful. The extra benefit is that person can also lift to crowd and it's a double bonus. I am sure he will help us hold onto many points this season, and just maybe snatch us a few with that bit of quality that he has.

What a silly post from the O/P. If nothing else, he lifts the crowd - even when he takes his bib off, walks into the technical area, then goes and sits down again! He is a totally different player from the one that left all those years ago, but is a class act and exactly what we need to close games out. Even I can see that watching the game on the radio!

Precisely. Suspect he could make an invaluable contribution to the team this season without even scoring. Would love to be at the game if he actually does - definitely a case of "Marvellous Scenes" then.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Players like Zamora just make the game look easy. Not saying he ever reached the heights of Vicente, but he also just had that je ne sais quoi. COG is a journeyman who plays slightly better or worse depending on his surroundings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here