Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamoramania

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Hopefully that's it. After a first class team performance today, the brief cameos at Portman Road and today will calm everyone down to some level of reality.

Woefully off the pace again, but the team was, as I say, superb.
The exact opposite to what I thought
He held the ball up well
Played others in
And was exactly what we needed to relieve the pressure we were under

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bizarre thread until Zamora came on we were completely unable to retain the ball in the Hull half and were piling pressure on ourselves. He came on lifted the crowd and held the ball up and played some very intelligent passes. Job done in my view

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Hopefully that's it. After a first class team performance today, the brief cameos at Portman Road and today will calm everyone down to some level of reality.

Next time you get the urge to post a thread like this. Just think back 12 months. Then think again. Then think some more. And if you still have the urge to post the thread. Ask yourself - when will I ever be happy?

Some people have short memories. We should be enjoying this golden period of football. Moments like this are few and far between supporting the Albion.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Was the OP at the game? We couldn't get the ball off Hull for long periods nearing the end, Bobby came on, took the sting out of the game by holding up the ball expertly and the dummy at the end for Kayal would have resulted in a goal 9/10 times, great defending.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Grim comment.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I can assure you that I have no 'look at me' desires. I honestly feel what I said. If you don't agree then so be it. Hope he proves me wrong.

He proved you wrong today. Doesn't have his original pace obviously but woefully off the pace! Links the play well. Think he will score perhaps 5-10 goals but it's more about what he brings to the players around him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He proved you wrong today. Doesn't have his original pace obviously but woefully off the pace! Links the play well. Think he will score perhaps 5-10 goals but it's more about what he brings to the players around him.

Agree.

All the way from Faversham ;-)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was the OP at the game? We couldn't get the ball off Hull for long periods nearing the end, Bobby came on, took the sting out of the game by holding up the ball expertly and the dummy at the end for Kayal would have resulted in a goal 9/10 times, great defending.

I'm not sure the OP actually understands football.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

So,
Where do I start.
Bobby looked pretty awesome when he came on.
We were brilliant in the first 55 minutes, then CH lost his bottle and we defended against a team we had battered all afternoon.
Odd?
Zamora gave us a very useful forward option that closed out the game.
Bored now.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
OP obviously doesn't know too much about football and is probably expecting 20 goals this season from him, anyone who knows anything about football knows Zamora would do well to score 8 this season. He done what was asked of him, held ball up superbly, created space and picked the right pass - that is what he's here for, he isn't gonna score 15 goals this season, anyone who knows anything about football knows that

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I thought he played really well, and you could see the premier league class in him. He held the ball up at times, linked into his team mates really well, and wasted more time on the clock. Let's hope for more!

Ohhhh Bobby Zamora.......

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Anybody daring to have the temerity to compare Sir Bobby Zamora to that carthorse COG shall be burnt at the stake and rot in hell for all eternity, damnation on their souls and their offspring should be imprisoned in the Selhurst park away toilets. How very dare they!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here