Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Zamora past it, Joe Cole is plausible but not likely, lampard will never happen, even if we were in premier league next season, he would easily get into most other established premier league teams. Either that or he will move to the US.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
My take on this is that we are looking to get in one player of quality, who is passed his best, but who would play at home in a very good stadium and who would be very much appreciated. It would also be a stepping stone for them into 'coaching'. Surely these guys have enough money to earn very modestly for a year or two. Mind you 20k a week is £1million a year. I imagine TB paying at least that for the right guy. We just need to find him.

BZ won't go into coaching. He doesn't even really like football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Zamora? - no, not again. He was great, but I don't think he's the player he was now. Sorry - but I like to keep my legends as legends. Lampard? - no; he'll go overseas (US or Japan or somewhere) for big bucks, or simply hang up his boots. Joe Cole would be interesting though - his career has stalled somewhat, and he may still feel that he has a point to make, and something to offer. Unless he has a serious gambling problem or something, he won't really need the money, and if he really wants to go on playing competitive football for a year or two longer - for the sake of playing football - then Brighton and Cole could be a fine match. If Upson can do it.......................

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Those three would be great, yes they are oldies but these guys know how to make the ball do the work. As long as we have other younger legs around them we'd have more chance of breaking down defences....IMO ???

Agreed, 32, 33, and 34 isn't old these days.

Especially Bobby as he's hardly played every game and worn himself out has he?

They would all be amazing signings, and would help fill the stadium too.

Our FFP budget might explode though :)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Just a thought......

All those of you that are saying they are too old, would you turn down Gerrard, Eto'o, Cole, Terry, Kolo Toure etc.........

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
The Mirror is reporting that we are in talks to bring Bobby back next season, along with their previous reports that we are interested in Joe Cole and Frank Lampard, we could soon have the oldest squad in the league, (if you believe anything in the Mirror) 8

Lampard, now we have the penalty option taken care of

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Zamora past it, Joe Cole is plausible but not likely, lampard will never happen, even if we were in premier league next season, he would easily get into most other established premier league teams. Either that or he will move to the US.

I remember in 1964 (I sadly confess) we signed English International Bobby Smith ... we were in the friggin FOURTH DIV then.
Nobody believed that was going to happen either. Just be hopeful anyway.:)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we could get Zamora fit and enjoying his football again, he'd be a great signing. It would also create a massive buzz around the club so I hope it is true.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd take all 3.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Zamora would be alright, we're used to injured players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here