Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He did have one in Ferring, I think, at some stage. No idea if he still has it.

Seems a strange place for a footballer to reside. I thought Ferring was full of pensioners.

Maybe he got it hoping to rent it out to Wayne Rooney

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Seems a strange place for a footballer to reside. I thought Ferring was full of pensioners.

Didn't Chelsea's nickname used to be The Pensioners ???

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
The Mirror is reporting that we are in talks to bring Bobby back next season, along with their previous reports that we are interested in Joe Cole and Frank Lampard, we could soon have the oldest squad in the league, (if you believe anything in the Mirror) 8

Why not he would be injured 1 in 5 games suits us just right. Seriously thought what a legend worth the risk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Get Lampard in, if only so we have someone who can take penalties.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My take on this is that we are looking to get in one player of quality, who is passed his best, but who would play at home in a very good stadium and who would be very much appreciated. It would also be a stepping stone for them into 'coaching'. Surely these guys have enough money to earn very modestly for a year or two. Mind you 20k a week is £1million a year. I imagine TB paying at least that for the right guy. We just need to find him.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Didn't BZ admit to not liking football ?

It's just what we need, an ageing uninterested player who would probably require first dibs on the treatment room.

Is Bill Curry available, d'you suppose ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never going to happen for all three!!! FFP will take care of that.

It will never happen for one of them, never mind all three. Although Bobby Z was an all time Brighton hero of mine, it is very much a case of that was then, and this is now. He is in the twilight of his career and the intervening years since he left us has (understandably) taken it on on him. I'd much rather remember Bobby as the will o' the wisp young striker that he was while he was with us, than as he is now.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As others on NSC have said before, lets remember the good times of the Zamora Withdean era. IF he came back we'd more than likely have another Adams Part 2 on our hands.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Joe Cole and Lamps can be persuaded to take a huge pay cut, then why wouldn't you have both? Anyway I'm sure it's a case if somehow we get up, then they would consider signing for us. Can't see it happening in the Championship

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

It's in Kingston Gorse I thought, near our Des? As far as I know he still owns it but never goes there.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If DK was still chairman then he'd have made enquiries all ready but thankfully as TB & PB are running things now, i would doubt it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As others on NSC have said before, lets remember the good times of the Zamora Withdean era. IF he came back we'd more than likely have another Adams Part 2 on our hands.

You talk like the guy is 70, blind and with one leg. On the 22nd March Zamora seizes on a bad backpass and coolly slots the ball home as QPR beat Middlesbrough 3-1. Exactly one week later we spurn a number of chances in losing 2-0. To Middlesbrough.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
PIG

Calderon Greer Upson Bridge

Ince Lampard/ Cole/ Kanchelskis

March Orlandi

Zamora CMS

Subs

a goalkeeper
Bruno
Dunk