Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He was on the pitch for FOUR MINUTES. He got two or three touches of the ball ffs!

I think you need to go out and enjoy yourself mate.
Honestly, all the time you spend on here, posting at all times of day just to throw in little snippets from newspapers with NO facts whatsoever to try and prove a point. It's a Saturday night for christs sake.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seems like Zaha tweeted that he was on his way to the top of the premier league last night and then quickly deleted it.

On his way then. :)

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was on the pitch for FOUR MINUTES. He got two or three touches of the ball ffs!
The thing was everyone apart from Palace fans thought "Why is he playing for England ?"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He only played for England as a precaution in order to stop him playing for his country of birth. Personally I can't wait for him to go to man u, it lessens the annoyance at the ridiculously high fee for the most over-rated player this century. If there was one club i'd like to waste money (apart from palace) it would be man u. I sincerely hope that he is a complete flop for them and(heaven forbid that he plays again) for England.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He only played for England as a precaution in order to stop him playing for his country of birth. Personally I can't wait for him to go to man u, it lessens the annoyance at the ridiculously high fee for the most over-rated player this century. If there was one club i'd like to waste money (apart from palace) it would be man u. I sincerely hope that he is a complete flop for them and(heaven forbid that he plays again) for England.

Incorrect, yet again. Playing in that game doesn't mean he can't play for the Ivory Coast. They put him in the squad so he could meet his future international teammates (and very possibly his club teammates) .

Seems like Zaha tweeted that he was on his way to the top of the premier league last night and then quickly deleted it.

On his way then. :)

You actually fell for that? Like... seriously? It was a photoshop you clown, unless he suddenly lost several thousand Twitter followers...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Incorrect, yet again. Playing in that game doesn't mean he can't play for the Ivory Coast. They put him in the squad so he could meet his future international teammates (and very possibly his club teammates) .

You actually fell for that? Like... seriously? It was a photoshop you clown, unless he suddenly lost several thousand Twitter followers...

Why can he play for ivory coast? Seems bizarre to me. And on the tweet, yes I thought it was Zaha. He wouldn't have been the first to write a tweet and then hastily remove it. I found out about it from bbs in fact where it seems many palace fans also 'You actually fell for that? Like... seriously?' So it appears you may need to start to look closer to home regarding the publicity surrounding the tweet. Strangely enough, that thread has been removed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why can he play for ivory coast? Seems bizarre to me. And on the tweet, yes I thought it was Zaha. He wouldn't have been the first to write a tweet and then hastily remove it. I found out about it from bbs in fact where it seems many palace fans also 'You actually fell for that? Like... seriously?' So it appears you may need to start to look closer to home regarding the publicity surrounding the tweet. Strangely enough, that thread has been removed.

Conspiracy theory : Normally CPFC2010 would post something on BBS saying the tweet was from a fake account and it was all a load of old bollocks made up by someone in a pub. :D

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Oh, yes. He's a clown because he didn't cross reference Zaha's twitter followers. What an IDIOT.

Also, Zaha hardly helped put the story to bed by using the phrase "I don't know rememember tweeting"

"I don't know remember tweeting no such thing so I don't know where the tweet came from"

Yes, it's probably a photoshop job, but hardly the need to call someone a 'clown', especially when it's been reported by all the media this morning (even though they probably realise it's fake)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Also, Zaha hardly helped put the story to bed by using the phrase "I don't know rememember tweeting"

"I don't know remember tweeting no such thing so I don't know where the tweet came from"
And that's why he shouldn't be playing for England, mind you there are several others that need to master our language too.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Can I ask a genuine question of the Palace fans who frequent this thread?

Assuming your club is financially sound for the moment, why *wouldn't* you want to sell Zaha? Yes, he's rated highly, but 12 million in this league will buy you a lot of quality all over the pitch. You're currently a better draw to potential transfer targets due to your lofty league position (which, be honest, you weren't expecting at the beginning of this season), so surely selling up quickly now while there's still a large amount of transfer window left is in your advantage?

I think Zaha's good, personally, but I'd rather Brighton face a Palace side with Zaha in it than one with 12m of improvements all over the pitch. That is, of course, assuming you would get that money to reinvest.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I believe the current offer from United is only £8million up from and another £4million in adds on. Palace seem to be holding out for more money, Something like £12million up front plus adds on. We are also only keen to do a deal that loans Wilf back for the remainder of the season.

If we managed to get £12million for him I would expect us to spend about £3-4 million of that cash on a further 2-3 squad members. The rest of the cash will go back to the owners or for later investment.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Can I ask a genuine question of the Palace fans who frequent this thread?

Assuming your club is financially sound for the moment, why *wouldn't* you want to sell Zaha? Yes, he's rated highly, but 12 million in this league will buy you a lot of quality all over the pitch. You're currently a better draw to potential transfer targets due to your lofty league position (which, be honest, you weren't expecting at the beginning of this season), so surely selling up quickly now while there's still a large amount of transfer window left is in your advantage?

I think Zaha's good, personally, but I'd rather Brighton face a Palace side with Zaha in it than one with 12m of improvements all over the pitch. That is, of course, assuming you would get that money to reinvest.

Because we can (and will) get more than £12m for him. While I agree that we could do an awful lot with that money, we could do even more with a proper fee for him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I believe the current offer from United is only £8million up from and another £4million in adds on. Palace seem to be holding out for more money, Something like £12million up front plus adds on. We are also only keen to do a deal that loans Wilf back for the remainder of the season.

If we managed to get £12million for him I would expect us to spend about £3-4 million of that cash on a further 2-3 squad members. The rest of the cash will go back to the owners or for later investment.

Or for doing up your shitpit of a ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here