Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

Your edit doesn't actually make sense so well done on that. You appear to have a very short memory.

Strange that despite these legions of talented youngsters desperate to get away from your club, you're still making a loss, and have still been through admin. Twice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wasn't there a big commotion at the beginning of the season about all the rises in food and drink ?

Perhaps but surely they are small fry compared to the amount under consideration for season tickets. Buying pies and drink is entirely at the customers discretion. I think the club hit a winner when there was no rise in ticket prices.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Your edit doesn't actually make sense so well done on that. You appear to have a very short memory.

Strange that despite these legions of talented youngsters desperate to get away from your club, you're still making a loss, and have still been through admin. Twice.

Sorry about that, one FOR too many !
Until you start developing your own talent and selling them on, your losses will become un sustainable. TB will not cover those losses year after year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Until you start developing your own talent and selling them on, your losses will become un sustainable. TB will not cover those losses year after year.
What about selling on other peoples rejects a la Bridcutt, or doesn't that count?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What about selling on other peoples rejects a la Bridcutt, or doesn't that count?

You've done well there !
Burley passed up the chance to sign him up, our loss is certainly your gain, any others ?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

Apology accepted

You are correct, TB will surely not cover these losses year after year. Obviously no-one is pleased that we're losing money. However, we also realise that this loss has occurred during a period of huge change for the Albion. This has necessarily meant there are a number of extraordinary costs which will skew the figures towards the negative. As you're probably aware, one of these extraordinary costs is the investment in the new training facility, with the aim of developing our own talent. I think most of us are intelligent and mature enough to see that, while the losses are not desirable, they are happening with the aim of transforming the club into a profitable entity. You have to spend money to make money is one of the oldest clichés in the book.

Your club, on the other hand, is already developing your own talent, and yet you are still making huge losses which your chairmen will presumably be equally reluctant to cover year after year. There seems no clear plan to get out of that situation, and that's the real worry.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You've done well there !
Burley passed up the chance to sign him up, our loss is certainly your gain, any others ?
We should turn a profit on most of our players, with the possible exception of Hoskins, Harley and Dobbie, if we choose to.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Apology accepted

You are correct, TB will surely not cover these losses year after year. Obviously no-one is pleased that we're losing money. However, we also realise that this loss has occurred during a period of huge change for the Albion. This has necessarily meant there are a number of extraordinary costs which will skew the figures towards the negative. As you're probably aware, one of these extraordinary costs is the investment in the new training facility, with the aim of developing our own talent. I think most of us are intelligent and mature enough to see that, while the losses are not desirable, they are happening with the aim of transforming the club into a profitable entity. You have to spend money to make money is one of the oldest clichés in the book.

Your club, on the other hand, is already developing your own talent, and yet you are still making huge losses which your chairmen will presumably be equally reluctant to cover year after year. There seems no clear plan to get out of that situation, and that's the real worry.

The owners have stated they will work in 2 year cycles, cover the losses for the first year, then balance the books after the second. That's whats happening with Zaha at the moment.
For a club like us, the academy is vital for our survival, that should be the case for all teams at our level.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The owners have stated they will work in 2 year cycles, cover the losses for the first year, then balance the books after the second. That's whats happening with Zaha at the moment.
For a club like us, the academy is vital for our survival, that should be the case for all teams at our level.

Will Winifred be in the squad for the replay against Stoke ? Not worth a career ending injury ?
p.s. Just noticed you're playing Burnley today who like to rough it up a bit :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Will Winifred be in the squad for the replay against Stoke ? Not worth a career ending injury ?

Holloway told the South London Press: "Am I confident he'll be here for Saturday's game? Yeah. I'm very confident he'll be helping me for the rest of the season.
"Do I expect some interest? Yeah. Do I expect us to get our valuation? Probably not. Now do I expect any movement? Probably not. My chairman Steve Parish deals with that and he has gone to America.
"Do I expect to weaken ourselves? Definitely not - read into that what you will. The club are well prepared."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Holloway told the South London Press: "Am I confident he'll be here for Saturday's game? Yeah. I'm very confident he'll be helping me for the rest of the season.
"Do I expect some interest? Yeah. Do I expect us to get our valuation? Probably not. Now do I expect any movement? Probably not. My chairman Steve Parish deals with that and he has gone to America.
"Do I expect to weaken ourselves? Definitely not - read into that what you will. The club are well prepared."

I think the 4th round draw at home has something to do with it :wink: Will Wurzel take a gamble ???

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
p.s. Just noticed you're playing Burnley today who like to rough it up a bit :lol:

As much as a career ending injury would make you very happy, I'm sure he would be heavily insured against that happening.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All fine words from your manager, do you remember these ones from the last one "I don't leave a job half done"

If an acceptable offer comes in Wilfy will be offski.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
He's not even that good. Shown up to be a bit clueless and naiive when he came on for England. Has done nothing of note recently. A dip in form to mirror Palace's?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He's not even that good. Shown up to be a bit clueless and naiive when he came on for England. Has done nothing of note recently. A dip in form to mirror Palace's?

He was on the pitch for FOUR MINUTES. He got two or three touches of the ball ffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here