Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
:lolol: Terrible effort. But maybe we should be taking your advice, palace are certainly the experts at posting losses. I suppose the difference is our loss will be largely based on outgoings on infrastructure, as opposed to mugging off charities. Speaking of oweing money, when're you going to fess up to being seaside and pay up on your bet you welching little prick?

Yes all Palace fans are Seaside just like all Brighton fans are the original welching prick Bobby Smith.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
you are in a different world kid, he is not worth and will not go for more than 12m in this day and age. He looks good at Championship level, but who knows what he will be like against quality defenders in the prem, he was shite when came on for England, shite against Stoke and thats all prem clubs can go on, the deal will be about £8m.

Agreed. Two words...Jermaine Beckford.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Agreed. Two words...Jermaine Beckford.

You can agree it with, but it doesn't make it any less true. He was fantastic against Man United at Old Trafford last season, he was actually playing very well against Stoke until he got injured, and he only had FOUR MINUTES as a substitute coming on for England.

Wilfried is unproven in the Premiership, but he's by far the best player in the Championship and at 20 has a very big chance of making it at a top 4 club.

I don't recall Manchester United ever offering £12m for Jermaine Beckford. They've offered £12m for Zaha and it has been rejected. If he's going, it'll be for more than £12m which makes you two numpties wrong already :dunce::wave:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't recall Manchester United ever offering £12m for Jermaine Beckford.

Yeah, but they did stump up £7m for Bebe.

Also, how can you claim someone is wrong unless you have the power to see in the future? Isn't that just setting yourself up for a potential fall?

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Normally I'd be distressed to hear about a championship club losing £8m a year.

Even if it was Brighton.

But after all the nonsense you all come out with, how you know so much about our finances that we cant sustain, how you seem to all be experts on high value transfers to the premiership (based presumably on all the great players youve sold for vast amounts of money.... oh let me guess... you dont sell your players ha ha) and the knowledge of transfer payments and valuations and what we need to do and dont do....

Well then pissed myself laughing at your £8m loss a season. Oh the irony. Absolutely priceless.

But let me guess... as well as the above, you are all financial experts (your talents and knowledge never end do they) and can explain away why its not even a problem and will be spending large in the transfer window...

I think your bright light for one or 2 seasons is dimming now wouldnt you say - your peak was last season. Might even manage to stay in the champ for another season, survive a relegation scrap or two before finally succumbing to the inevitable and your rightful place in the football league. :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Even if it was Brighton.

But after all the nonsense you all come out with, how you know so much about our finances that we cant sustain, how you seem to all be experts on high value transfers to the premiership (based presumably on all the great players youve sold for vast amounts of money.... oh let me guess... you dont sell your players ha ha) and the knowledge of transfer payments and valuations and what we need to do and dont do....

Well then pissed myself laughing at your £8m loss a season. Oh the irony. Absolutely priceless.

But let me guess... as well as the above, you are all financial experts (your talents and knowledge never end do they) and can explain away why its not even a problem and will be spending large in the transfer window...

I think your bright light for one or 2 seasons is dimming now wouldnt you say - your peak was last season. Might even manage to stay in the champ for another season, survive a relegation scrap or two before finally succumbing to the inevitable and your rightful place in the football league. :thumbsup:

What an intelligent post! I think I love you!:D

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Even if it was Brighton.

Yes we have posted a loss which the little palace bedwetters are getting all excited about but step back a second and have a little think about what is happening at brighton. Now it may have escaped your tiny little brain but we have recently moved into a new state of the art premier league quality stadium. You may have also noticed that we are now expanding that stadium to 30k and increasing our corporate areas as well. Alongside this we are building a new training ground and have employed a premier league chief exec to maximise income through the club and bolster our commercial side of the business.

Now installing this premier league infrastructure is not cheap so whilst we continue to grow the business into the future model we need there are going to be losses (all of that stuff has to be paid for you know)

So whilst you mock our losses and try to say we are in no better position that palace perhaps you and the other palace goons can enlighten us on all of the spending your board are doing to develop your club whilst running at multi million pound losses?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

laying the foundations for the next 25+ years vs rattleing around in a decrepit stadium thats not fit for purpose. keep on laughing if you like, you'll be either funding an expensive stadium or homeless and bankrupt (again) in a few years.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Even if it was Brighton.

We're losing money but moving forward. You're losing money and staying still. I know where i'd rather be.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Don't you think expanding a football club may actually cost money? We are in the process of increasing our ground which will serve up a further reminder of how far you are being left behind off the pitch whilst you are losing millions in a shitpit.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Withstanding all the piss taking, it will be interesting to see we're the losses have come from.
With the stories coming out this morning, it seems another hike in prices will happen,but if promotion doesn't happen, and the Amex feel good factor wears off,gates will fall.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Withstanding all the piss taking, it will be interesting to see we're the losses have come from.
With the stories coming out this morning, it seems another hike in prices will happen,but if promotion doesn't happen, and the Amex feel good factor wears off,gates will fall.

Another hike in prices? Please tell me when the first price rise occurred.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Yes we have posted a loss which the little palace bedwetters are getting all excited about but step back a second and have a little think about what is happening at brighton. Now it may have escaped your tiny little brain but we have recently moved into a new state of the art premier league quality stadium. You may have also noticed that we are now expanding that stadium to 30k and increasing our corporate areas as well. Alongside this we are building a new training ground and have employed a premier league chief exec to maximise income through the club and bolster our commercial side of the business.

Now installing this premier league infrastructure is not cheap so whilst we continue to grow the business into the future model we need there are going to be losses (all of that stuff has to be paid for you know)

So whilst you mock our losses and try to say we are in no better position that palace perhaps you and the other palace goons can enlighten us on all of the spending your board are doing to develop your club whilst running at multi million pound losses?

Now now seasider personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. You guys keep telling yourselves whatever keeps you warm at night, but we certainly know a thing or two about lying incompetent chairmen running the club into the ground... now lets see, shiny new stadium which is much nicer than ours I agree but mortgaging yourself to the hilt for it, hmmm isnt there a precident here ? Apropos of nothing I was at Leeds a few weeks ago, that one stand they build is absolutely cracking - champions league quality, and they financed themselves against future ticket sales. Lets hope you're not doing that, or you can fill it every week, or that the accounting is actually good so that if you do manage that you're turning a profit. Seems dicey to me... all I've learnt is that there is no hiding from the financial bottom line so I hope for your sake its all good and not just chasing a dream by accumulating debt like Leeds.

Maybe we'll see in this transfer window wont we ? I think we can all agree you need quite a few good players to challenge. Ive seen you 3 times in 2 years and not a single player stood out, maybe they just had bad days, or the knee-trembling your lot seem to get against us meant they couldnt play their game, whatever. But if you really are losing £8m wont you need to flog some players to recoup the losses ? Or do you feel you are being bankrolled through loans and can carry on until all the things you have mentioned come to fruition ? Seems unlikely really, but you never know. And anyway flogging players means you cant challenge, buying players incurs more debt - tough one.

Maybe if there was some way you could get young players and develop them, or be able to pick up hitherto unknown players and turn them into stars (you know, like we do), that could save you, but otherwise I think we can all agree its looking tough for you right now. Good luck with the -£8m, im sure you'll be fine, I mean, everyone has debt right ? That never becomes a problem...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Now now seasider personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. You guys keep telling yourselves whatever keeps you warm at night, but we certainly know a thing or two about lying incompetent chairmen running the club into the ground... now lets see, shiny new stadium which is much nicer than ours I agree but mortgaging yourself to the hilt for it, hmmm isnt there a precident here ? Apropos of nothing I was at Leeds a few weeks ago, that one stand they build is absolutely cracking - champions league quality, and they financed themselves against future ticket sales. Lets hope you're not doing that, or you can fill it every week, or that the accounting is actually good so that if you do manage that you're turning a profit. Seems dicey to me... all I've learnt is that there is no hiding from the financial bottom line so I hope for your sake its all good and not just chasing a dream by accumulating debt like Leeds.

Maybe we'll see in this transfer window wont we ? I think we can all agree you need quite a few good players to challenge. Ive seen you 3 times in 2 years and not a single player stood out, maybe they just had bad days, or the knee-trembling your lot seem to get against us meant they couldnt play their game, whatever. But if you really are losing £8m wont you need to flog some players to recoup the losses ? Or do you feel you are being bankrolled through loans and can carry on until all the things you have mentioned come to fruition ? Seems unlikely really, but you never know. And anyway flogging players means you cant challenge, buying players incurs more debt - tough one.

Maybe if there was some way you could get young players and develop them, or be able to pick up hitherto unknown players and turn them into stars (you know, like we do), that could save you, but otherwise I think we can all agree its looking tough for you right now. Good luck with the -£8m, im sure you'll be fine, I mean, everyone has debt right ? That never becomes a problem...

You do know how our stadium and new training ground are being paid for don't you?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Please name me one "star" Palace have produced. I would love to know your definition of a star.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here