Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can't agree. He didn't DO anything with the ball. We let him have it because eventually he will always do one too many stopovers. As long as you don't commit he is easy to mark. We showed that today.

He put in a good cross early on, no one got on the end of it thankfully. But yeah, nothing led to anything of note (unless he put Williams through for that easy chance that he fluffed - I can't remember if that was him).

We dealt with him well, and your point about not diving in on him makes sense. But I still think that you could see why he is so highly regarded.

Murray also did nothing, but he's not useless either. All very surprising considering that there was a period when Upson and Greer seemed to want to give the ball away as much as they could.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The cheat code at the moment is to crowd him out and not put a challenge in.

Enough there for Ferguson to work with though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone notice the palace fans cheering and clapping inexplicably when Zaha turned on a sixpence but didn't actually beat anyone as we didn't have a player right on him at the time. Bizarre.

And you can add me to the list that says he's vastly overrated.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Anyone notice the palace fans cheering and clapping inexplicably when Zaha turned on a sixpence but didn't actually beat anyone as we didn't have a player right on him at the time. Bizarre.

And you can add me to the list that says he's vastly overrated.

They had fans there? Heard them for about 35 mins in the first half but barely a peep after that :lol:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Can't agree with this - in the first half it seemed impossible to get the ball off him. He looked, I'm sorry to say, classy.

Then we scored 2 in the minute before half time!

It is to the Albion's credit that he ended the match acting as you say - frustration got the better of him, and it all went wrong for him and his team. Shame. :cheers:

This. If anyone thinks that boy can't play in the prem they need to get better specs. By far their best player...absolute shit support from other forwards.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
He could be very good under sir Alex I think, in the first half he was clearly a threat and Calderon was struggling with him. In the second half he was like a different player with Bridge marking him. He also gets frustrated to easily and starts moaning at the ref/the opposition and even his team mates.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He could be very good under sir Alex I think, in the first half he was clearly a threat and Calderon was struggling with him. In the second half he was like a different player with Bridge marking him. He also gets frustrated to easily and starts moaning at the ref/the opposition and even his team mates.

"Sir Alex". Arse licking reverence to the worst bad loser, bully and manipulator in the game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This. If anyone thinks that boy can't play in the prem they need to get better specs. By far their best player...absolute shit support from other forwards.

He didn't do a single thing of worth all game. Dribbling with no end product = bad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The guy (boy?) obviously has some talent but seemed poor today ..but then the whole palace side looked as though they weren't at the races today ..whereas we were brilliant :)

Stumpy Tim

Zaha was class - not sure what game people here were watching. Granted, he was much less effective against Bridge, but that's hardly surprising given Bridge is international class. He reminded me of a very young Ronaldo. Ferguson will sort out his end product and England will have a quality player.

The support around Zaha was rubbish though. Palace were a one-man team

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Just like a little kid who throws his toys out the pram today, good to see the ref didn't fall for his cheating.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was the grass a bit long? Its just that he never used his left foot during the entire game. One trick pony.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Zaha was class - not sure what game people here were watching. Granted, he was much less effective against Bridge, but that's hardly surprising given Bridge is international class. He reminded me of a very young Ronaldo. Ferguson will sort out his end product and England will have a quality player.

The support around Zaha was rubbish though. Palace were a one-man team

Mate just ecause you can run around lime a headless chicken and do a few trucks does not make you class. He has potential but if he plays like today in the premiereague he won t last long. Needs ti know when to pass and use others. Would rather have a player like david who finds spance and can pick a pass imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here