Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Totally disagree I think Parish has been quite astute with managing Zaha and his agent.

He slapped an absurd valuation on Zaha knowing that he was contracted to the club on a huge wage.

Zaha has kept Palarse up and ultimately was and is worth more to them than any other club.

For me it's a win-win scenario for them up the road unfortunately.

I agree with you up to a point, but Palace have a functional bit ageing squad that really needs some new younger players in it. Peak Zaha money would have helped that, but it seems they’re reluctant to invest, not much money around and stuck paying Zaha top 6 wages.

Also a big wage disparity in the playing squad which can’t be helping matters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally disagree I think Parish has been quite astute with managing Zaha and his agent.

He slapped an absurd valuation on Zaha knowing that he was contracted to the club on a huge wage.

Zaha has kept Palarse up and ultimately was and is worth more to them than any other club.

For me it's a win-win scenario for them up the road unfortunately.

He “kept them up”? 3 goals and 3 assists, and 60-odd million down the drain, unhappy player and bad atmosphere at the club. There is no upside whatsoever. Astute my nutsack.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He “kept them up”? 3 goals and 3 assists, and 60-odd million down the drain, unhappy player and bad atmosphere at the club. There is no upside whatsoever. Astute my nutsack.

Yeh, the last think I want is for Palace to sell Zaha. His surly attitude, mediocre goal return and colossal wage is one of the main things dragging Palace down the table.

I don't want to see Palace being able to renew their squad. At present, relegation is just a matter of when

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

He had a poor season which I think was largely due to VAR where he was winning loads of free kicks and penalties VAR has put fear into his game fear of being found out, while for defenders as long as it's a fair tackle VAR will highlight cheating which he knows as such it's drastically reduced his effectiveness, Palace need to get what they can while they can, from a personal perspective I would be quite happy if he stayed as highly paid bit part player he has become

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He had a poor season which I think was largely due to VAR where he was winning loads of free kicks and penalties VAR has put fear into his game fear of being found out, while for defenders as long as it's a fair tackle VAR will highlight cheating which he knows as such it's drastically reduced his effectiveness, Palace need to get what they can while they can, from a personal perspective I would be quite happy if he stayed as highly paid bit part player he has become

Or he could stay put, knuckle down, sign an improved contract and start firing on all cylinders again. That's my worry.

Dunk signed a new contract remember

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Apart from Zaha’s bank balance, which probably trumps the combined total assets of everyone on NSC :D. Not yet out of his 20s, set up for life, played for years in the PL. It’s a page straight out of the Gareth Bale book of ‘failure’

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It's funny isn't it. We all predicted that VAR would massively reduce his ability to cheat his way to penalties and free kicks.

We were told by the Palace GOONS that he would actually win MORE penalties because he gets fouled so much and "doesn't dive" (Hodgson, R.).

What a surprise that we were right and they were wrong. Again.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's funny isn't it. We all predicted that VAR would massively reduce his ability to cheat his way to penalties and free kicks.

We were told by the Palace GOONS that he would actually win MORE penalties because he gets fouled so much and "doesn't dive" (Hodgson, R.).

What a surprise that we were right and they were wrong. Again.

As far as I’m aware, he was booked 5 times last season, but none were for simulation.
He was booked for simulation at Arsenal, but that was overturned by VAR, and a penalty was correctly award.
Hope this clears up your confusion .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As far as I’m aware, he was booked 5 times last season, but none were for simulation.
He was booked for simulation at Arsenal, but that was overturned by VAR, and a penalty was correctly award.
Hope this clears up your confusion .
As usual, the confusion is yours. Nobody mentioned him getting booked you tedious dullard! [emoji23]

He didn't cheat as much because he knew he'd get caught more often. That's what we were talking about before you chirped up with your irrelevant drivel.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As usual, the confusion is yours. Nobody mentioned him getting booked you tedious dullard! [emoji23]

He didn't cheat as much because he knew he'd get caught more often. That's what we were talking about before you chirped up with your irrelevant drivel.

I thought the general consensus was that Zaha would be constantly booked for cheating once VAR was introduced ?
But no , he changed his game, and got away with it.
That Zaha’s a crafty one. :rolleyes:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought the general consensus was that Zaha would be constantly booked for cheating once VAR was introduced ?
Very slowly for you. In very simple language.

He didn't though did he. Because he didn't win as many penalties. Because he knew he'd get caught cheating.

Ah I've missed the outright stupidity of Palace fans. Arguing that black is white.

Imagine if they started done sort of rivalry with Leeds. What a meeting of minds that would be!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

He didn't though did he. Because he didn't win as many penalties. Because he knew he'd get caught cheating.

Ah I've missed the outright stupidity of Palace fans. Arguing that black is white.

Imagine if they started done sort of rivalry with Leeds. What a meeting of minds that would be!

Great to watch though. The Leeds & Palace trolls trying to out-idiot each other :lolol:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

The Goon squad, against the Buffoon squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Changed his game? What by not scoring or providing assists.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In the 2018/19 season, Palace got 12 penalties.

In the 2019/20 season, Palace got 3 penalties.

The VAR effect.

In 1998 they were Crystal Palace FC
In 1999 they became CPFC99
In 2010 they became CPFC2010

The cheating effect.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best pro I've seen yet for VAR!

Probably you need to be able to get the ball somewhere near the opposition penalty area for you to be able to dive in the penalty area to win a penalty. No wonder Zaha cuts a forlorn figure

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Zahas stats were pony for last season.

He’s sick of hanging round there now. Career going down the bog if Palace price him out of his desperation to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here